• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sneak Peak: Current Events Publication Issue #2

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCGamer Current Events Page
For the date of January 15th, 2013

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY NEWS

Catching Fire: The Clock is Ticking!
by slasherxtreme

It hasn’t been long since we’ve last seen our friends Katniss, Peeta, Gale, and President Snow on the big screen, but during that span of time our developers have been hard at work on creating a new gametype to make the Survival Games very different… This new game, based on the aforementioned Hunger Games series, will introduce many changes to how the Survival Games are played, and it will feature its own map. Catching Fire, which is built by the combined forces of two of our excellent build teams, Team Elite and Red Forest, bases many elements off what’s in the new blockbuster starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.

The long awaited Quarter Quell is coming very soon! Although no exact date has been given for its release, the Developers are eager at work, testing and fixing the game.

Testing began earlier this week with a small group of guinea pigs consisting of the Senior Staff and a few VIPs. This early alpha version revealed numerous game-changing bugs and glitches. Fortunately, that was the main purpose of testing.

Towards the end of the week, there were early beta test rounds conducted by the Staff team, Catching Fire map builders, and VIPs. Again, more bugs were found and later fixed. During the weekend, the map saw further beta testing, this time with the help of some very verbose forum members who qualified with a lovely haiku poem.

Despite the fact that a release date has yet to be publicly announced, these test games are a tool for the developers to weed out the bugs to put out the highest quality end product. So if you want to be able to help out by testing the game before it’s released, practice your poetry and keep an eye out on the forums!

Edited by MetagrossVSwablu

Did you have the chance to participate in the beta testing? If so, leave a haiku in the comments of your first impressions and maybe you’ll be featured in our next publication, coming January 15th!

Credits to LadyOfLove for the beautiful picture! If you want to see more pictures of Catching Fire, head over to this thread: [Link]

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
[insert whatever spot I got here]

Edit: 2nd

Anyways, my haiku on my first impression

Very impressive
Despite being tons of bugs
I still adore it

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I got quite glitched, fast.
Upon Spawning, the system
killed me instantly. :(

(I'm assuming Glitched and Killed are one syllable, if not then..)

I saw a video
that showcased the testing games
Who recorded it? :eek:

(No I don't have the link, it was screenshared over Skype even though I was in the second testing games. I think it was a steve skin, but then again Minecraft Skin servers were having bugs at the time if I recall correctly.)

Spectate Mode is weird
That blindness... pls fix i fan
I guess it was fun...?

(When you are spectating, if you enter the Blindness region then it will give you blindness even if you go elsewhere.)

I had tons of fun.
Being with well-known players
and forumers, yay!

(Yeah, I kinda couldn't think of anything else to say.)

Concerning the map itself:

Map size is quite big,
Landscaping is very good,
Dem custom trees doe...

Yes, yes I did write these past 4 AM. Also, third..? :3

Reactions: Wyz

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I didn't know that they already had VIP test games :/

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I didn't know that they already had VIP test games :/
No, it wasn't the VIP test games. The games just had a few VIPs in them, NineTailes, DonutDudeMC, etc... People who helped build the map.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, it wasn't the VIP test games. The games just had a few VIPs in them, NineTailes, DonutDudeMC, etc... People who helped build the map.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci