• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So... what happens next?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel like people have a moment or 1 thing in particular that makes them leave. It really is just when you find something more fun or interesting to do. Whether that is a girlfriend, life, a different game or whatever it may be, you play this game until you find something better to do.

I played a game called Runescape for like 10 years? Not as much as I played Mcgamer in the past, but I kept playing that game and playing it until I found something more fun, which just happened to be Minecraft.

It's the same with anything in real life too. You don't stop doing something or start doing something typically until you have some kind of motivation.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never left the MCGamer community specifically, but I have seen many others leave, and left many other communities myself.

Usually one of three things happens:
  1. You are forced to leave. Either by a ban or by external pressures, you are no longer able to join MCG. 70% of people get the hint and go elsewhere to find an alternative community or hobby to be a part of. Unless they get rejected in those places, they'll usually acclimate and stay there. The other 30% reject that and continue to press their way back to where they're not supposed to go, usually to their own detriment, but they insist on having the comforts of the familiar.
  2. You leave over something small, or you don't settle well beyond your comfort zone. These are the, "leave and come back in a month" sorts of people. They usually leave in a heat-of-the-moment decision, flipping everyone off as they go out the door. But even if they leave quietly, they realize that the outside world isn't as great as they imagined, nor the current network as bad as they thought. So they can't put down new roots, and wind up coming back, trying to continue like nothing happened. And I'm sure some people do this just for the attention too.
  3. You voluntarily leave for good, or you get caught up in something else. The former describes an internal, definitive decision to leave with the acknowledgement that your presence in that environment is no longer beneficial to you; usually the current environment has deterred too much, or because your needs and desires have changed and the current environment does not offer those. The latter describes another alternative influence that is drawing you away, with the alternative item likely to replace your current fixation. These are the people who leave for good, and their decision to leave is much stronger than in the previous case. They usually set up elsewhere in a direct replacement community, and they treat that new place as well as their previous one.
People come and go all the time, and that's just natural. Despite the fact that everyone seems surprised when it happens, everyone should understand that such happenings are part of the natural lifecycle of communities, of people, or life in general.

Jocus

Tribute
Reaction score
I haven't ever left the community, but I haven't ever quite been apart of it. I just simply play MCSG. ;-;

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I've never left the MCGamer community specifically, but I have seen many others leave, and left many other communities myself.

Usually one of three things happens:
  1. You are forced to leave. Either by a ban or by external pressures, you are no longer able to join MCG. 70% of people get the hint and go elsewhere to find an alternative community or hobby to be a part of. Unless they get rejected in those places, they'll usually acclimate and stay there. The other 30% reject that and continue to press their way back to where they're not supposed to go, usually to their own detriment, but they insist on having the comforts of the familiar.
  2. You leave over something small, or you don't settle well beyond your comfort zone. These are the, "leave and come back in a month" sorts of people. They usually leave in a heat-of-the-moment decision, flipping everyone off as they go out the door. But even if they leave quietly, they realize that the outside world isn't as great as they imagined, nor the current network as bad as they thought. So they can't put down new roots, and wind up coming back, trying to continue like nothing happened. And I'm sure some people do this just for the attention too.
  3. You voluntarily leave for good, or you get caught up in something else. The former describes an internal, definitive decision to leave with the acknowledgement that your presence in that environment is no longer beneficial to you; usually the current environment has deterred too much, or because your needs and desires have changed and the current environment does not offer those. The latter describes another alternative influence that is drawing you away, with the alternative item likely to replace your current fixation. These are the people who leave for good, and their decision to leave is much stronger than in the previous case. They usually set up elsewhere in a direct replacement community, and they treat that new place as well as their previous one.
People come and go all the time, and that's just natural. Despite the fact that everyone seems surprised when it happens, everyone should understand that such happenings are part of the natural lifecycle of communities, of people, or life in general.
sometimes people need to come back cause they get into illegal stuff...like myself, I still struggle with today

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
These forums have had such an impact on my life...

I have no idea what I'd do. Friends and the community are the only things that keep me from quitting Minecraft. I'd probably get a bunch of Steam games to soften the blow; this game is the reason I have most of my best friends, why I didn't give up on life in 5th grade... it's my escape, and I have a hard time imagining life without it.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
technically im like 99% left cause i check the forums every 4 months probably. But what I did is I found a different game (league) and I enjoyed it so much I just didn't have time to play mcsg cause it was so much more fun for me and my friends I play league with. So i what I could have just said was just find a game you like and play that and you'll completely forget about this place.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I have contemplated leaving before, I did on ProHighJacker and came back on this account. I left due to my reputation flying out the door, applying for Moderator (getting to interview stage) back when I was 13 (2013). I rejoined the community not long after I left, it was on this account. I made a big splash, built up a reputable self and applied for Moderator. I didn't get it obviously. ;)

But in all seriousness, I think people need a reason to leave; whether that be in form of a ban, interest elsewhere or pursuing your goal in real life. It's always sad for a while when older members leave, but new members come, and new current members take their place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci