• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So what's going on?

Reaction score
Badlion has enough money to make a anticheat but not enough money to stop the ddos attacks they get everyday and all the connection issues they have with west servers. At least whenever Mojang servers go down, MCSG is always up because of our amazing developers :)
Plugins don't stop ddos attacks LOL

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
MCSG is the only server up when someone takes down the whole minecraft servers ;)
That's a completely separate system, and a cool feature. However, what's the use when the actual game the server provides is lacking?
But i'm pretty sure badlion can purchase a protector to stop the attacks ;)
Badlion has the strongest ddos protection compared to all the other major networks. They're just the only ones getting hit with 100 Gbps and higher attacks.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
That's a completely separate system, and a cool feature. However, what's the use when the actual game the server provides is lacking?

Badlion has the strongest ddos protection compared to all the other major networks. They're just the only ones getting hit with 100 Gbps and higher attacks.
hmm

cf918

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If what you're all saying is true, it's honestly a shame what the server has turned into.

For those who weren't around back then, MCSG or what is now "MCGamer" used to be one of the most prominent and influential servers and communities in the Minecraft realm.

Millions of players from around the world joined in on this recreation of the captivating tale of the Hunger Games.

Hell, we even got a section in Guinness's Video Game World Records.

Although the clan community always had tension, it was the most fun I'd ever had. The community was full of life. Every server you went into, you could find a friend or a rival to make a game that much better.

All I remember before I left was the staff being way too strict and many people acting immaturely. The survival server was incredible, I loved, many others loved it as well. It created an outlet for people who didn't want to play endless rounds of SG4. It was a factions server, and there was fights and tension and hacking, but it was all in good fun.

What did MCSG do? They deleted it in a few months. They added a disguise feature to segregate the community. People weren't friends anymore. False hacking accusations were thrown all over the place while unfair bans were handed out everywhere.

The server fell apart.

The lobbies full of friends and competition are gone. Hundreds of the new servers MCSG worked to implement lay empty at all hours of the day. Nearly every new gamemode that was created is never played.

It just sucks that such a legendary place no longer exists.
Hi Sal. Legend

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion has enough money to make a anticheat but not enough money to stop the ddos attacks they get everyday and all the connection issues they have with west servers. At least whenever Mojang servers go down, MCSG is always up because of our amazing developers :)
I think you may be lacking some information on how DDoS attacks work and are handled by servers.

Money has nothing to do with their anticheat (one of the owners programmed it largely on his own). As someone who actually lives in the West Coast, their connection is fine.

MCSG suffers a tiny fraction of the DDoS attacks that Badlion deals with on a daily basis, as mentioned by the above commenters. "Plugins" and "developers" can't magically fix that; it's all down to the people who host the actual servers. Badlion (as stated above) has the best DDoS protection they can get, possibly the best of any Minecraft server out there, but the sheer magnitude of the attacks against them can occasionally bring down their servers.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I think you may be lacking some information on how DDoS attacks work and are handled by servers.

Money has nothing to do with their anticheat (one of the owners programmed it largely on his own). As someone who actually lives in the West Coast, their connection is fine.

MCSG suffers a tiny fraction of the DDoS attacks that Badlion deals with on a daily basis, as mentioned by the above commenters. "Plugins" and "developers" can't magically fix that; it's all down to the people who host the actual servers. Badlion (as stated above) has the best DDoS protection they can get, possibly the best of any Minecraft server out there, but the sheer magnitude of the attacks against them can occasionally bring down their servers.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.
Badlion is still very laggy even without people d-dossing it. However, Badlion also has more developers then MCGamer.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Badlion is still very laggy even without people d-dossing it. However, Badlion also has more developers then MCGamer.
Badlion has only three full developers and two of those are also owners/admins, but okay.

In my experience, as someone who gets around 80 ping to Badlion and has fast internet, Badlion barely lags at all. There are occasional server freezes but that's it.

And perhaps you missed my earlier comment: There is no "without people DDoSing it". The attacks on Badlion are virtually constant, and they're the cause of the server freezes. So no, Badlion isn't laggy without them.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Server isn't dead; Thousands of players during peak.

Definitely improvements to be made, but that's a matter of if they are at all possible given current circumstances. I'm not in a position to be calling the shots right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci