• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo SG - First Impressions?

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Thanks to Braden for the artwork

Hello Tributes!

I hope most of you are hyped and excited with the release of our new game type: Solo SG! This has been in the works for the past few months, and today we are happy to release this new game for you to try out and play on. In the past, this was a highly requested feature we should add, and we had some nice discussions on what should be included in this new game type and what it could bring to MCGamer.

Now I'm asking you guys, what are your first impressions or opinions on Solo SG?

Let the discussions begin! But remember to keep it civil and appropriate.

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
12 players is too little imo. Especially when a game can start w/ three players.

However, the plugin is well thought out, covering I'm pretty sure most flaws in the system.

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
The games are quick, really quick but mostly enjoyable. I like the way it automatically disguises everyone however It's still possible to randy team in deathmatch (Blocking with sword). There's a considerably large amount of hackers in game but i'm sure the mods will deal with that.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I really like it, but I think the minimum amount of people needed to start a game should be raised to 8
Also people in deathmatch can still team up by blocking their swords at eachother, but I'm not sure what can be done about that

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
It's laggy and glitchy.. and the Edit to the hub to include Solo SG is poorly done and feels out of place.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
I personally really like this new addition to the MCGamer Network. So far I have been hearing mixed thoughts on it, but I am hear to talk about my opinion on the subject.

This morning when I joined the server I was greeted with a flood of messages rambling on about this new game-mode. If I recall correctly my first thoughts were "It's out? Good for them.". In all honesty, I was not excited for this update as I am and always have been hopeless as Survival Games and Minecraft "Player versus player" in general.

I decided to give it ago and was in a call with a close friend of mine at the time. My reaction was close to that of an atom bomb, I loved it. Never before has Minecraft been the way it has today.

The idea that players can play their favourite game mode with more odds in their favour than ever, is superb. Before I conclude this long, drooling message I am going to be visiting the downside of this update.

Many people voted for this update, and many did not. It may be true that the traditional MCGamer Network is still here, just hidden. Some would say that a part of MCGamer died today, others would not. I mentioned earlier that I was in a call with a friend of mine when I first went Solo, well his reaction was quite the opposite of mine.

He entered the game with the understanding that their would be no teaming, however he was mistaken. During his first game after the new update he was brutally killed by "Teamers". I feel that if Solo SG is going to please both sides of the MCGamer Network community there needs to be severe punishments for teaming.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I would raise the player amount, no fun with like 12 people :(

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
I personally can't play it but 12 player games are a bit too short

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
As others have said, 12 players is too small, maybe 24 might be too much? I don't know, increasing the number will be a bonus though. I've only played two games as of now and it's been fine for me, no bugs or glitches. I like the auto disguise although I think it would be better if we could actually talk in game. The compass also doesn't work in the hub.

Other than that, it's fine as of now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci