• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/spec in lobbies.

Should it be implemented

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
So I've been wondering lately, but /spec should be implemented to be used in the lobbies. Wondering why? This would be much easier for members of clans to not ruin their stats/ratio. How it works. When you enter a game you would type in /spec. This would automatically put you in spectator mode when the game started. So you wouldn't have to wait the 30 seconds whilst in the clan war. Plus it would also help for people leaving whilst they're in the line up and have no chance of coming back. If you accidentally typed /spec, their could be a command like /spec off, or you would just leave the game.

What do you think? What could be changed, feel free to add you own ideas :)

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
Um, if you leave in the first 30 seconds it doesn't affect your ratio, because you didn't start the game, it doesn't count as a quit. So a part of your argument is incorrect. I like the rest though! But it might be a bit hard to implement for the Devs.

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
No, because sometimes when you try leave in the closing minutes sometimes the hubs are fulls and doesn't let you leave

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Are you sure /kill affects your stats if you do it in PreGame?

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
This server is NOT made for clans. I'm not speaking on behalf of MCGamer when I say the following, I speak for myself:

Clans seem to get every feature they want added. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think clans should be running the server. Due to clans were having to essentially create an alternate mode of SG just so solo players don't go enraged and cause issues in chat, or even worse.

It appears to me that we should stop catering to clans, as Benjamin said.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG should just give up and make a clan gamemode for battles and more, it would definitely work out if executed correctly.

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, when you think about it clans are ruining the server. Having a solo sg being made, which I think is going to ruin MCSG.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This server is NOT made for clans. I'm not speaking on behalf of MCGamer when I say the following, I speak for myself:

Clans seem to get every feature they want added. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think clans should be running the server. Due to clans were having to essentially create an alternate mode of SG just so solo players don't go enraged and cause issues in chat, or even worse.

It appears to me that we should stop catering to clans, as Benjamin said.
Agreed, let's make that a thing and work on the other Gamemodes, such as Deadly Descent and the rest of the AVN Gamemodes that MCG paid so much money for.

MCSG should just give up and make a clan gamemode for battles and more, it would definitely work out if executed correctly.
How about no?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci