• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(SPOILER ALERT)Map based off the second book

Would you play it? os ot a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel it would be really neat and fun to have a map based off the second books arena. It would be cool if you could make it do the clock rotation, or events and find equivlants of the events in minecraft.

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
I thinks that a map based off the second book would be great. However many people may not wish to know about the second book just yet. It's a shame that catching fire won't be out till November 2013 :( Then there would be no spoilers!

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
Most people crazy about the hungergames have read at least the second book by now, its the new fans that would get mad.

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
Meh, i wouldnt say that exactly. In my experience on the servers i think its at least 70% of players that have read them

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
That would come as a surprise but I guess you probably have more experience. Would of thought the movie would generate more interest as most people now don't read much if at all.

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
Yeah i guess, well anyways the map doesnt even need to be accurate it could just be a regular abandoned city

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
The other thing is they dont have to be told thats what its based off of but those who have read the books would love it and the others would just think its a cool idea...

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
Could always try it. And you could just base it loosely on the arena and change bits of it. That way everyone would be happy :D

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
The issue with the second book is that the entire map is a forest. It'd be a little boring to actually play in without editing it a lot. Neverthless, I've already started working on it, and have the basic floor plan already laid. As instructed, the ground is on a 10% gradient and constantly slopes upwards. I'll need to make it more exciting, however.

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
I think some of it would be plugin work or some really awsome redstone under it

Z

ZombieTracker

I have contemplated creating this clock map for the server. I don't really have any concerns with spoiler alerts because while it would be similar, it would not be advertised as such and would just be something cool for people who recognize it. I did some thought and would program lightning striking at midnight a large tree, for the 10 o'clock zone I would release hundreds of silverfish. Instead of the fighting monkeys, possible unleash spiders. Have a piston activated Dam that would create a flood at a specific time. Creepers for the explosion area, but I never figured out what to do for the fog... But I can assure you that there is going to be a map based off of the first quarter quell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci