• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsoring - Update - Vote here on future updates

Sponsor update

• [DON'T VOTE] Should we change the items?

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes - Winner

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • [DON'T VOTE] Should we make it one purchase per spectator?

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Yes - Winner

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr_11

Survivor
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, the potions can give a player that receives any of the potions an extreme tactical advantage. This, however, was most likely thought upon. I am not for a sponsor being able to gift a player a strength potion. It is just unfair. The items would fair, in my opinion, much better than potions. With that in mind, I would suggest perhaps not allowing a spectator to gift a tribute any ingot or diamond. This could lead to yet another extreme tactical advantage. For example, if two players decided to go on and gift a tribute two iron ingots, each gifting one, the tribute could then find a stick and have an iron sword right at the beginning. This would lead to a game with not much competition as he/she could run havoc at the beginning (after crafting).

If I had any say in which items could be used, I'd say this:
  1. Cooked pork chop
  2. Cake
  3. Leather
  4. Sticks
  5. Bow
  6. Arrow
  7. Mushroom soup
  8. Vines
  9. Flint and steel
The changes to the list are duly noted.

CarissaTT

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel like the potions add some more depth/excitement to the game.

I suggest that sach player can only receive a sponsor gift ounce per game, so people can't spoil a certain player with tons of OP potions.

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
L#m$C%e^p( not reviewing to not add the person to a hunted list) sponsor with a strength potion adn i had golden armour and a iron sword and i killed a guy in DM with diamoad sword and better armor with at least 5 hearts remaining. From MPOV ,potions are OP but experience unless you win like 3/4 of the times XD like elisha_mutang.POtions ARE NOT OP thats i have to sya D:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think the items should be changed, so I vote that but I think that instead of each player being sponsored infinite times by different spectators, either each spectator should be able to sponsor twice or each player should be able to be sponsored twice, maybe by different spectators. I think that's more fair than this and just once per spectator.

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
How about sponsoring people XP? The enchantment tables are pretty useless right now, as it's very time consuming to get xp by fishing or killing roaming mobs. Sponsoring people with, say, 1 level for every 100-500 points would bring back their use, and it wouldn't be such a giant advantage either. Sharpness I or Power I is strong, but not OP.

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
Or have a plug in like TIV that have paper band aids that heal 1 heart. And a book that can be sponsored freely which says "GG"
Milk should also be added c:
Instant harming and health are used 4%, regen is used 16%, 13% use swiftness, 21% use poison and 2% use slowness. 23% use strength and 17% uses invisibility.
How about night vision which is harmless.
Strength should be actually 200-300 points and invisibility similarly.
Make healing and harming cheaper so people would pick it more.
Poison is OP, with the side of fire. Should be 200-250
Speed makes you OP for the 3 minutes of DM, no one can outrun you.
Regen is also OP, like poison, you keep healing quickly.

People also say, sponsor items other than potions. Do not sponsor ores as people could get 2 diamonds at first minute if they have friends. Sponsoring good food also may have the same problems.
My list
1. Coal
2. Ender pearls (In Tier 2s) and can be sponsored
3. Leather
4. Wheat
5. Rotten flesh
6. Raw chicken
7. Raw fish
8. Raw pork chop
9. Raw beef
10. Melons! (In Tier 1s)
* New types of food to be in chests *
11. Snowballs
12. Boat
13. String
14. Potion of Night Vision
15. Stick
Each tribute can have a certain amount of sponsorers depending on the item (Leather can have up to 8)
Each spectator can sponsor once to one tribute.

Summary : Make commonly used potions more expensive and uncommonly used potions cheaper.
Add a variety to the sponsoring menu.
Limit the amount of sponsorers to each tribute depending on the item.

xAlexH

Experienced
Reaction score
maybe sponsor armor and weapons? (sorry if re post)

mooman219

Platinum
Reaction score
Locking this thread to get people to use the one I put on the front page :D

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
unless the specs are going to get the ability to see inventories. (I like this idea, actually. :p)
But they if people on voice teams could look at other players inventories and warn you about everything they have

edit: I didnt realized this was locked sorry xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci