• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff being too serious about bans

Do you think people should be perm banned for joking when its obvious that it was a joke

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
So Recently ive seen alot of people getting banned for joking about hacking or ddosing.

I think that the Staff is a bit too serious about People joking about things. I realise when some says " I hack totally" Even though its hard to hear the sarcasm over the internet. But im my case I got banned for saying " cant wait to ddos you" then right after i said " jk" Personally i think my case was taken too seriously. In the evidence you can see that i said jk right after. I dont think that people should get perm banned if they are joking. I think it would be more fair if they got kicked or temp banned with the warming not to joke about breaking the rules.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
You shouldn't really be joking about that kind of stuff in the first place. Threatening someone that you will take down their internet is not a joke and will always be treated like an actual threat. On the line with joking about hacking, it may seem harsh, but most of the time those who admit they are hacking are legitimately hacking. The staff team love jokes and honestly there are a lot of us that joke around, however there is a line and saying those kind of jokes is crossing that line.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
You shouldn't really be joking about that kind of stuff in the first place. Threatening someone that you will take down their internet is not a joke and will always be treated like an actual threat. On the line with joking about hacking, it may seem harsh, but most of the time those who admit they are hacking are legitimately hacking. The staff team love jokes and honestly there are a lot of us that joke around, however there is a line and saying those kind of jokes is crossing that line.
+ threatening to DDoS someone is illegal

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
admitting to hacks is just about the stupidest rule conceivable

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
Even tho i have been playing on mcsg for 2 years and I accidentally broke a rule and now im perm banned...

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
It's in the rules... Don't break them and you'll be fine...
Well I wasnt on my computer wondering how I could get banned on mcsg I was trying to make somebody laugh and I didnt think that it would be taken so seriously

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
The problem is with what counts as an 'admission'

complete joke of a rule
Although I don't support the rule, I guess that's why it's in place because sometimes it's hard to determine if someone is joking or not with only text in chat. I've seen totally innocent people banned for joking around about it being sarcastic, answering someone elses accusation. I've also seen cocky hackers freely admit to using hacks too. How do you know if someone is joking or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci