• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff being too serious about bans

Do you think people should be perm banned for joking when its obvious that it was a joke

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They were not.

Crimes within the three articles linked (in order):
-ddos attacks, extortion
-ddos attack
-ddos attacks, bomb threats

Did you even read the articles?
Welp... :c
Although I do distinctly recall one time a person I knew (who did the you-know-what), state that they generally focus more on the major businesses or companies that suffer these threats/attacks. And not many care about the attacks that occur in online communities. That is why the people who serve as staff members in this online community take responsibility for the things that may happen, and just the threat itself could bring distress. Also, I don't know if many people know or something... But I was curious if you knew about the situation with with Lizard Squad having said there was a bomb (when there really wasn't), it generally caused distress when unnecessary. Although my analogy won't really correspond well with the main point here, making threats, even as a joke for an individual's personal fun, isn't really funny at all. Since it causes distress for many people, and it gets others in awkward situations. :c

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They were not.

Crimes within the three articles linked (in order):
-ddos attacks, extortion
-ddos attack
-ddos attacks, bomb threats

Did you even read the articles?
Bit nitpicky, don't you think?

EDIT: This whole debate is kind of stupid to be honest. The fact remains that DDoS threats are against the rules as of the writing of this post. We can't really do anything to change the fact unless the rule is specifically brought up to the administrative team in a friendly, business-like manner.

Yoshi

Tribute
Reaction score
I think people should just not joke about hacking in general, as it is in the rules. Or if they are joking write 'Just kidding' at the end or something along the lines of that.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Everybody need to ccaaaaallllmmmm doooowwwwnnn.

It's a joke, it's a threat, it's a mistake, it's the internet it's a text chat it is impossible to know whether it's a joke or not. Hopefully both sides can realize that there is a certain line to where a joke becomes a legitimate threat.

And hopefully both sides can realize it's impossible to find that line.

I

Platinum
Reaction score
Admission to hacking shouldn't be bannable, however DDOS threats jokingly or not shall always be bannable, it's unacceptable.

meme

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ddos is crime and is thus ban on mcgame :^)

Deceqsed

Survivor
Reaction score
If you don't like the rules, contact a administrator to ask about that this certain rule is unfair, maybe they might change it or not who knows.. Worth a try.
You got to admit even though MCGamer Staff try and enforce the rules as much as possible that is why you think that MCGamer Staff are a bit harsh.
Please no hate, just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci