• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff... "Standards"

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey guys, (on a roll today 2 threads one day)

I was just thinking to myself about how staff standards have gotten higher (in my opinion). Of course, with the server constantly growing (meaning more people will eventually apply) I can see why so many people get denied now a days.

On a personal note, I've tried a total of 3 times throughout the last year. 1 terrible app which I can admit, a second 'decent' app and a pretty okay 3rd app which got to pending, then denied. (
I'll try sometime again in the future)

From what I know Sr staff have serious amounts of apps to go through, evaluate and discuss which brings me back to the point of why the standards of staff have gotten so high.

To end this off, I want to hear what you think, especially the staff, what's your opinions? Leave it all down below! :p

K

KiDD

I belief the standards have always been quite high, and still are, though others might disagree- they probably do. So I guess you can say, that some say, the standards are high....but some achieve it "even though 'some don't deserve it'".

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
To me, high staff standards are better than low because they want to assure they will have only the most capable of staff.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, having high standards are good, but my question is, have they changed from high to too high?

CalumGraham

Career
Reaction score
I feel the standards for getting staff have always been high there has never been a time where its been easy to get staff, I think having these high standards does ensure the server is looked after in the best way possible so I'd agree the standards are high but I wouldn't agree they've changed recently <3

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
The Staff Standards have definitely changed between 2013 and now. It's not, "higher" or "lower", but just, "different". With the Mod app reforms, we've started looking for a few new things in applicants whilst deemphasizing other aspects from before. I don't think the barrier to entry has changed much, except it's definitely easier for us to gauge the people coming through it.

That being said, I will say that our staff has definitely stepped up its game with training, infrastructure, communication, and support compared to the past. I feel like our staff is definitely better trained and more capable of handling any situations compared to previous generations of staff, and I attribute that with the strides made in improving the training process on top of our application process.

And yes, the Sr. Staff has definitely been busy. Early activity check reports 28 new Mods hired last month alone. So remember to thank the Sr. Mods for their hard work!

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
The Staff Standards have definitely changed between 2013 and now. It's not, "higher" or "lower", but just, "different". With the Mod app reforms, we've started looking for a few new things in applicants whilst deemphasizing other aspects from before. I don't think the barrier to entry has changed much, except it's definitely easier for us to gauge the people coming through it.

That being said, I will say that our staff has definitely stepped up its game with training, infrastructure, communication, and support compared to the past. I feel like our staff is definitely better trained and more capable of handling any situations compared to previous generations of staff, and I attribute that with the strides made in improving the training process on top of our application process.

And yes, the Sr. Staff has definitely been busy. Early activity check reports 28 new Mods hired last month alone. So remember to thank the Sr. Mods for their hard work!
i like u

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
I belief the standards have always been quite high, and still are, though others might disagree- they probably do. So I guess you can say, that some say, the standards are high....but some achieve it "even though 'some don't deserve it'".
Do the standards include being grammatically correct in posts on the forums? LOL

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I believe the raw standards like application quality and maturity have always been appropriate. The thing I'd like to see improved is the experience required to become a staff member. Too often do I see users joining the network, then immediately going for mod and getting it basically within a month of joining. This is a problem I've seen in the fact that yes, these mods may be capable of performing their job, however they may not be able to handle certain situations or handle the community well because they have had no prior experience with it.

Future moderation standards in my opinion should require somewhere around at least 6 months of forum/community experience and a decent post count, say 100, in order to apply for the position. This would ensure our new hires can handle all situations effectively.

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe the raw standards like application quality and maturity have always been appropriate. The thing I'd like to see improved is the experience required to become a staff member. Too often do I see users joining the network, then immediately going for mod and getting it basically within a month of joining. This is a problem I've seen in the fact that yes, these mods may be capable of performing their job, however they may not be able to handle certain situations or handle the community well because they have had no prior experience with it.

Future moderation standards in my opinion should require somewhere around at least 6 months of forum/community experience and a decent post count, say 100, in order to apply for the position. This would ensure our new hires can handle all situations effectively.
WOAH A MOD ACTUALLY SPOKE OUT A BIT WTF IS THIS LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci