• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Strategy

Did these tips help?

• Total voters
L

Lululioness

Today I played a game I didn't get corn but I went on top of the mountains and on the pirate ship and won
Oh yeah, I think they finally added Tier 2 chests that aren't corn on breeze now. I forgot.

Elitez

Spectator
Reaction score
Your tips are very nice, but i don't like F5. that stuff aint good. F5 is tricky and it could get you sometimes killed. Your 5th tip made me lough :D. thanks for sharing ur strategyes. I like it when pro players share their strategyes.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
block hitting while critting makes you imobile....... dont do both

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
I find the block hitting strategy to be a bit pointless myself. It's a risky move, as not only are you completely open to attacks from all directions, (bad for fighting teams.) but I've found almost every block hitter against me to screw up the rhythm to it and then they don't hit me at all. (Guess that can be overcome, though.)
Personally, I prefer the evasive approach. Using my fishing rod to my advantage to force the opponent into a certain place and limiting their movement, then swerving around in different directions to prevent a bow/fishing rod shot while going in for the hit, critical and knockback for the most damage and setup time (plus preventing NCP blocking me.) for my next move. When I do this correctly, (which I can't all the time yet, still practicing.) only the pros have been able to counter it well, and even then it gives them a hard time.

You are going to want more than full hunger...if you are just high enough to regen and you get into a fight, you won't regen the full fight. Full hunger is great and all, but something you may not know about is the invisible saturation bar that Minecraft has. Eating more substantial food, like steak, is better. In fact, I actually tend to eat steak when I'm only half a hunger bar down and have plenty of other smaller food sources, like raw meat. By the time I have to eat again, I've usually killed somebody with more substantial food and I can live the entire game without having to worry about hunger at all. It's rare this backfires on me.

You see...this is a tip for if you want to win that game. If you want to win many future games, rush into the fight. Seriously. I was going to make a giant thread about this before, (8+ 12 sentence paragraphs.) but I decided against it...I could go on for ages about why it could be a good idea, unless of course you really want to win that particular game. So yes, good tip for winning, bad tip for learning. I tend to actually rush into many fights I know I'll lose.

Got me there...yes, get criticals, but how and when you get them is also important. Holding spacebar and fighting like that is not a good idea unless in cramped spaces, as it limits your mobility and makes evasive actions hard to take. Once you are hit by someone sprinting, you'll be knocked back really, really far and it can really throw you off and possibly cause fall damage. It can cost you the fight. You need to get criticals at more appropriate times, when there is no chance of it backfiring, like when the opponent can't sprint and you have more mobility, like when sprinting yourself, especially because the knockback hit with the critical gives you time to process what's going on and make your next move.

Yep. Do be careful, though, you don't want to be the one attacked by the new guy, which could happen.

Yes, do try this...when the winner is determined, rush in for the kill. If he runs off, stop to get any stuff on the ground, because it could take a while before you get to him, and he'll likely have full health by then...if you have less gear, you'll get yourself killed, so you want to stop and get anything you need earlier...if he didn't run off though, then yes, "murder his face." (Inside joke.)

If you make no attempt to go for corn, then be ready to fight someone with equal or more gear than you. Even if you have the bestest route ever with 10 tier 2's, go for corn. Chances are, the enemy who would have gotten corn does not have a route like that, so it's just one less person to have to deal with later if you can prevent them from getting corn. Part of getting corn is preventing someone else from getting it. (And some maps have very few quickly accessible tier 2's - SG5, SG1, SG3, Breeze island, etc...)

Oh gosh...yes, yes they are. If someone can practice them well enough for land battles like me...they are a force to be reckoned with. Fishing rods are good for more than water battles, with tons of practice, you can use them in such evil ways...I would know, I've won numerous land fights because of fishing rods with fast reaction time, and I'm not even that good yet.

Can't argue with that...I actually do that a little too often, I spam it, constantly reaching over my keyboard to press f5. xD

I do this all the time. Very useful and catches them off guard every time. Even the pros fall for this, so I'm starting to make an attempt to counter such a strategy.

TL;DR: Not bad strategies at all, but some could be elaborated on a bit for clarification, because there are good and bad ways of doing some of these. (The bad ways aren't horrible, still better than what some new players do, but not something they should get into the habit of doing personally.)
How do you manage it to ALWAYS have a long post? o_0

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
I find the block hitting strategy to be a bit pointless myself. It's a risky move, as not only are you completely open to attacks from all directions, (bad for fighting teams.) but I've found almost every block hitter against me to screw up the rhythm to it and then they don't hit me at all. (Guess that can be overcome, though.)
Personally, I prefer the evasive approach. Using my fishing rod to my advantage to force the opponent into a certain place and limiting their movement, then swerving around in different directions to prevent a bow/fishing rod shot while going in for the hit, critical and knockback for the most damage and setup time (plus preventing NCP blocking me.) for my next move. When I do this correctly, (which I can't all the time yet, still practicing.) only the pros have been able to counter it well, and even then it gives them a hard time.

You are going to want more than full hunger...if you are just high enough to regen and you get into a fight, you won't regen the full fight. Full hunger is great and all, but something you may not know about is the invisible saturation bar that Minecraft has. Eating more substantial food, like steak, is better. In fact, I actually tend to eat steak when I'm only half a hunger bar down and have plenty of other smaller food sources, like raw meat. By the time I have to eat again, I've usually killed somebody with more substantial food and I can live the entire game without having to worry about hunger at all. It's rare this backfires on me.

You see...this is a tip for if you want to win that game. If you want to win many future games, rush into the fight. Seriously. I was going to make a giant thread about this before, (8+ 12 sentence paragraphs.) but I decided against it...I could go on for ages about why it could be a good idea, unless of course you really want to win that particular game. So yes, good tip for winning, bad tip for learning. I tend to actually rush into many fights I know I'll lose.

Got me there...yes, get criticals, but how and when you get them is also important. Holding spacebar and fighting like that is not a good idea unless in cramped spaces, as it limits your mobility and makes evasive actions hard to take. Once you are hit by someone sprinting, you'll be knocked back really, really far and it can really throw you off and possibly cause fall damage. It can cost you the fight. You need to get criticals at more appropriate times, when there is no chance of it backfiring, like when the opponent can't sprint and you have more mobility, like when sprinting yourself, especially because the knockback hit with the critical gives you time to process what's going on and make your next move.

Yep. Do be careful, though, you don't want to be the one attacked by the new guy, which could happen.

Yes, do try this...when the winner is determined, rush in for the kill. If he runs off, stop to get any stuff on the ground, because it could take a while before you get to him, and he'll likely have full health by then...if you have less gear, you'll get yourself killed, so you want to stop and get anything you need earlier...if he didn't run off though, then yes, "murder his face." (Inside joke.)

If you make no attempt to go for corn, then be ready to fight someone with equal or more gear than you. Even if you have the bestest route ever with 10 tier 2's, go for corn. Chances are, the enemy who would have gotten corn does not have a route like that, so it's just one less person to have to deal with later if you can prevent them from getting corn. Part of getting corn is preventing someone else from getting it. (And some maps have very few quickly accessible tier 2's - SG5, SG1, SG3, Breeze island, etc...)

Oh gosh...yes, yes they are. If someone can practice them well enough for land battles like me...they are a force to be reckoned with. Fishing rods are good for more than water battles, with tons of practice, you can use them in such evil ways...I would know, I've won numerous land fights because of fishing rods with fast reaction time, and I'm not even that good yet.

Can't argue with that...I actually do that a little too often, I spam it, constantly reaching over my keyboard to press f5. xD

I do this all the time. Very useful and catches them off guard every time. Even the pros fall for this, so I'm starting to make an attempt to counter such a strategy.

TL;DR: Not bad strategies at all, but some could be elaborated on a bit for clarification, because there are good and bad ways of doing some of these. (The bad ways aren't horrible, still better than what some new players do, but not something they should get into the habit of doing personally.)
MY EYES, SO MUCH TEXT AAHHH

also guys, if you're looting corn replace all good armour from corn chests with crap armour you have in your inventory, trust me if you take all good armour from corn anyone who comes to loot it once you're gone won't get good armour and become a threat to you.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You forgot to mention when being chased go under trees and spam space! It makes you go much faster than just sprinting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci