• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Successful Age Exceptions?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I am some informed about age exceptions because I coursed for one before.
What my knowledge is (If the age exceptions process is the same), is an age exception is processed in phases. Phase 1 is your application overall, if your application is good enough you pass phase 1. In phase 2 they check your kicks and bans record, that is probably one of the hardest phases. You can't have any bans, obviously. I got denied because I had 3 kicks. If you're 13, you can't have any kicks, if you're 14 you can only have 1 kick.

Thats my basic knowledge on that.
If you want to course for an age exception yourself, PM all the administrators (on the same PM),your moderator application an the reason why you think you're eligible to become staff.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I am some informed about age exceptions because I coursed for one before.
What my knowledge is (If the age exceptions process is the same), is an age exception is processed in phases. Phase 1 is your application overall, if your application is good enough you pass phase 1. In phase 2 they check your kicks and bans record, that is probably one of the hardest phases. You can't have any bans, obviously. I got denied because I had 3 kicks. If you're 13, you can't have any kicks, if you're 14 you can only have 1 kick.

Thats my basic knowledge on that.
If you want to course for an age exception yourself, PM all the administrators (on the same PM),your moderator application an the reason why you think you're eligible to become staff.
Wait so Fox, to become an age exception I should type up my whole mod app and instead of putting it on an MCSG application thread, pm it to all the administrators?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Wait so Fox, to become an age exception I should type up my whole mod app and instead of putting it on an MCSG application thread, pm it to all the administrators?
Yes, and include an essay on why do you think you're a candidate.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Yes, and include an essay on why do you think you're a candidate.
Alright thanks so much! It's weird on why so many people aren't telling people how to apply.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright thanks so much! It's weird on why so many people aren't telling people how to apply.
Its because this a journey one should take by its own and find what to do, but meh, I like helping people.

Reaction score
Lel, I applied when I was 13 and now i'm the youngest mod in the community... coming up on 1 year of service.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Fox y u ruin >.>
I mean, it says it in the Frequently asked questions thread. In the past, finding that thread wasn't as easy as now (since its now featured when you click the forums button)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Fox, I wouldnt've posted that, as its part of the process to find out how its done, and you just ruined it if people can find this thread ^.^

To my knowledge,
If you're 13, you can't have any kicks, if you're 14 you can only have 1 kick.
This part is false, I have 1 kick (I think) and I'm 13, yet I just need to do my age exception interview and voila, I can apply for mod.

Phase 1 is the kicks/bans/background forum check/did you follow the correct instructions to get here, Phase 2 is the application, reading/watching through it, Phase 3 is A complete check, most of your post history, about you, do you fulfil the requirements and that stuff, Stage 4, the final and hardest one, is an interview. It takes place with either Dave or Col_Star, and one (or two) trusted sr.mods (capt, bowser, kellie, CAm). Then after comepleting all the steps you get a bypass of the age restriction, but you still could be denied for other reasons in the moderator application process, this is the phase Me and Zaex are in.

This is just my prior knowledge, none of it is for sure, it changes from time to time ^.^

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Fox, I wouldnt've posted that, as its part of the process to find out how its done, and you just ruined it if people can find this thread ^.^

To my knowledge,

This part is false, I have 1 kick (I think) and I'm 13, yet I just need to do my age exception interview and voila, I can apply for mod.

Phase 1 is the kicks/bans/background forum check/did you follow the correct instructions to get here, Phase 2 is the application, reading/watching through it, Phase 3 is A complete check, most of your post history, about you, do you fulfil the requirements and that stuff, Stage 4, the final and hardest one, is an interview. It takes place with either Dave or Col_Star, and one (or two) trusted sr.mods (capt, bowser, kellie, CAm). Then after comepleting all the steps you get a bypass of the age restriction, but you still could be denied for other reasons in the moderator application process, this is the phase Me and Zaex are in.

This is just my prior knowledge, none of it is for sure, it changes from time to time ^.^
TL;DR: It's complicated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci