• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion (SG) Middle Eastern Server

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi,
A lot of players including myself who are located within the middle east, or even near the middle east always experience a 2-3bar to their nearest server.
In my situation, I am living in Dubai and it is practically impossible to get below a 140ms ping connection.
It is unfair not only for me but also for the others who have to deal with us players lagging all around the maps.

Also this brings a huge disadvantage when it comes to a 1 on 1 against an EU player because his ping will most likely be 5 times better than mine.
There are youtubers who live in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Dubai, Qatar, etc who play minecraft with hundreds of thousands to millions of subscribers who watch them.
They play SG with the best connection we can get, 130ping.
Myself with a 90 down 60 up you would expect great ping results but EU is very far away from us and it is hardly playable for us. I am one of the few people living here who are good at english, so basically I am speaking for all of them.

There are many gamers here who suffer from lag, example, look at KSA's population. More than half of the population are teenagers.

If you give that community a nice middle eastern server to play on you will receive a countless amount of support with donations and it is a win win situation for both sides of the community.

All you will need to do is announce the server, and once our community realises Minecraft can be fun in our region, I promise you a big increase in players.

The best locations for a server is
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Many games companies are realising the advantage of adding servers in our region, there has already been a form with over 430,000 people in the first 3 days of the form and it was regarding the raised connection issue concern from the middle eastern players for Black Ops 3.

And our minecraft community is just as big, if 1 server decides to take the step and add the server it can make many players happy,
NOT only middle east, but I know MANY players who are trying to connect to your servers from Southeast Asia, Egypt, India, even some people in southern Turkey, etc
These countries are pretty close to us and could provide all of us a guaranteed 5bar (under 100 ping)

Also if you're not aware, people who live in Middle East are mostly rich and they are very generous so expect a lot of donations.

CS:GO, Dota 2, games like those are very cheap and Dota 2 is free actually, and yet they have servers here in ME.

If you look at the worldwide MCSG servers at the moment, majority is covered but us players who are within the Asian region are ignored and not even given a chance to prove our community is big.

Thanks alot for reading, this was a suggestion, I doubt it would be taken in to consideration because of how we are used to being ignored, but if this happens we will be so happy :D

Have a great day.

ChadTheDJ AlpakaWhacker CAmadeusA Ceroria Chandelle Frankyy Kraken Kat mfungamer Razzledgirl Yannik Yimmeh

Last edited:
Reactions: 69

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think they'll do this as it's not really profitable...

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think they'll do this as it's not really profitable...
I already explained this in the thread, and besides that they were planning to add a 5th server anyways.
If they add a server here many players will get 5 times lesser ping then before.
It's not just about profit, if they make the community happy then profit is automatically going to come.

Since you're from the Netherlands you probably never experienced lag, but it can be very frustrating :p

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I already explained this in the thread, and besides that they were planning to add a 5th server anyways.
If they add a server here many players will get 5 times lesser ping then before.
It's not just about profit, if they make the community happy then profit is automatically going to come.

Since you're from the Netherlands you probably never experienced lag, but it can be very frustrating :p
I know what you are talking about as I play on the US servers now and then. But the reason they closed the CA server is because it wasn't paying for itself, which makes me believe they won't open a server in middle east, as it wouldn't pay for itself.

But if they would it would be cool tho :eek:

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about as I play on the US servers now and then. But the reason they closed the CA server is because it wasn't paying for itself, which makes me believe they won't open a server in middle east, as it wouldn't pay for itself.

But if they would it would be cool tho :eek:
Arabs are very rich people if they realise they can play on with their local people and have fun with no lag, I guarantee they will make a lot of profit.
All they have to do is announce the server and if they contact an Arab youtuber it will bring a lot of players.
If you look at the -snip- community for example, it is literally full of arabic people who complain about lag and they do not want to host a server.
If MCGamer starts this, they will all move here, we hate lag. :/

-Snip-

All of them are arab, every single, green flag is Saudi Arabia, the blue yellow and red flag is Saudi Arabia too, just a different city. (No idea why its different on TS)
except the 2 people on the top from U.S & UK.
This is also just an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really like your suggestion, you are right that MCGamer needs to expand its area of connectibility, yet you have to look at the price range for how much it would cost to host a server in Riyadh which no offense, but is a very dangerous area at the moment and therefore not very profitable. I looked up some prices just to host it in the Middle East and I consistently got $150 dollars for a dedicated server, multiply that by 10 and you get $1500 a month and 18k a year for a place that is a risk in the first place. As Molotov mentioned above, the reason they closed CA and AS is because it was damned expensive. While your idea is great it is just not practical at the present moment.

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
I really like your suggestion, you are right that MCGamer needs to expand its area of connectibility, yet you have to look at the price range for how much it would cost to host a server in Riyadh which no offense, but is a very dangerous area at the moment and therefore not very profitable. I looked up some prices just to host it in the Middle East and I consistently got $150 dollars for a dedicated server, multiply that by 10 and you get $1500 a month and 18k a year for a place that is a risk in the first place. As Molotov mentioned above, the reason they closed CA and AS is because it was damned expensive. While your idea is great it is just not practical at the present moment.
Riyadh is pretty expensive, but Dubai is a great place for hosting. I just put Riyadh as an alternative.
However the price you mentioned isn't that expensive. $150 per month isn't that much compared to some other hosting companies I've seen.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Riyadh is pretty expensive, but Dubai is a great place for hosting. I just put Riyadh as an alternative.
However the price you mentioned isn't that expensive. $150 per month isn't that much compared to some other hosting companies I've seen.
$150 is expensive when your donations may not be able to sustain it. Once the Middle Easterners buy Lifetime donor if they don't already have it, that money can only be used once. With there being less Middle Easterners than US and Europeaners it can get dicey and risky pretty quickly, which is a reason there isn't a Turkey server in Ankara or a Russian one in Moscow.

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
$150 is expensive when your donations may not be able to sustain it. Once the Middle Easterners buy Lifetime donor if they don't already have it, that money can only be used once. With there being less Middle Easterners than US and Europeaners it can get dicey and risky pretty quickly, which is a reason there isn't a Turkey server in Ankara or a Russian one in Moscow.
Majority of middle east players are playing on Hive because youtubers are usually on Hive too. They hate the lag but they still support the server, and they made Hive very rich. Most arabic players are emerald donors which is like platinum here.
And there are already many existing people who are around the region or within who have donated ranks & play on MCGamer.
But at the end of the day it is the decision of ChadTheDJ who I am sure is willing to take the risk if he realises what it could bring the MCGamer.

Also there are hosting services in Kuwait, in Middle East as well which can provide a good connection for all of us as well.
http://www.kuwaitnet.net/hosting/

Last edited:

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Majority of middle east players are playing on Hive because youtubers are usually on Hive too. They hate the lag but they still support the server, and they made Hive very rich. Most arabic players are emerald donors which is like platinum here.
And there are already many existing people who are around the region or within who have donated ranks & play on MCGamer.
But at the end of the day it is the decision of ChadTheDJ who I am sure is willing to take the risk if he realises what it could bring the MCGamer.

Also there are hosting services in Kuwait, in Middle East as well which can provide a good connection for all of us as well.
http://www.kuwaitnet.net/hosting/
So Arabic/Middle Eastern players only play Hive for the YouTubers? If the lag is the same for the Hive and MCGamer, they what does it matter which server you play on? Hive has excelled at Mini-Games and MCGamer while it has its Administration problems has one of the best plugins for Survival Games. If we set up Middle Eastern servers for people who are already Emerald on the Hive, which has Survival Games and all the other gamemodes with their favorite YouTubers, it would take funding away from the hosting of servers and they would plummet. I am not saying it is not an excellent idea, but I don't think MCGamer could execute it in a way that would first and foremost be profitable and secondly a way you guys would like it. MCGamer has tried it with CA and AS which were not really kept up to date like the US and EU servers and often had uncontrollable lag spikes in addition to having outdated maps. Perhaps trying to approach Hive with this idea, they have better resources to accommodate the servers and are based in Europe so have a better understanding of the community out there and they have the player base already.

EDIT: It does not matter if Arabs are very wealthy people, it doesn't mean they will spend more and more money on a server that may or may not happen and could very well be $&@!.

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I live in Kuwait, so host it here and I will enjoy the 0ms ^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci