• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion (SG) Middle Eastern Server

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Majority of middle east players are playing on Hive because youtubers are usually on Hive too. They hate the lag but they still support the server, and they made Hive very rich. Most arabic players are emerald donors which is like platinum here.
And there are already many existing people who are around the region or within who have donated ranks & play on MCGamer.
But at the end of the day it is the decision of ChadTheDJ who I am sure is willing to take the risk if he realises what it could bring the MCGamer.

Also there are hosting services in Kuwait, in Middle East as well which can provide a good connection for all of us as well.
http://www.kuwaitnet.net/hosting/
I made the exact same point, yet I get called arrogant and stupid, despite me being right =D

RevolutionaryMC

Spectator
Reaction score
How does middle eastern servers would help southeast players? That doesn't make any sense

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
How does middle eastern servers would help southeast players? That doesn't make any sense
It helps most of south turkey, and countries around the middle east.
I am guessing it would help Southeast Asia too, but depends on where you live. (and where the server could be hosted)

RevolutionaryMC

Spectator
Reaction score
It helps most of south turkey, and countries around the middle east.
I am guessing it would help Southeast Asia too, but depends on where you live. (and where the server could be hosted)
Singapore, and the routing is so f*cked up...the fact that we get better ping to EU(aka behind middle east)
Middle east servers are really not needed because they get 4-5 bars already(idk how u guys get 2 bars with 140 ping when I get 4 with 190 on US)
We get around 500 ping to middle eastern servers

Saynorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Singapore, and the routing is so f*cked up...the fact that we get better ping to EU(aka behind middle east)
Middle east servers are really not needed because they get 4-5 bars already(idk how u guys get 2 bars with 140 ping when I get 4 with 190 on US)
We get around 500 ping to middle eastern servers
0-149 ping = 5 bar
149 - 200 = 4 bar
200-300 = 3 bar
300-400 = 2 bar
400+ = 1 bar

That's how it is in Minecraft.
And we don't get 5bars ever, as I said the best we can get is around 140. But the average is 150+
There are many cities here, and most cities in Middle East have fiber optic that can get us 200mb/s connection but it still never helps gaming.
Maybe if the server host is in Sourth Turkey or Dubai and can increase our connection to servers.

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
0-149 ping = 5 bar
149 - 200 = 4 bar
200-300 = 3 bar
300-400 = 2 bar
400+ = 1 bar

And we don't get 5bars ever, as I said the best we can get is around 140. But the average is 150+
There are many cities here, and most cities in Middle East have fiber optic that can get us 200mb/s connection but it still never helps gaming.
Maybe if the server host is in Sourth Turkey or Dubai and can increase our connection to servers.
actually 149-299 is 4 bar
300-700 is 3 bar
701-990
1000+= 1 bar

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What do you use to check your ping?
Doing /ping ingame is not accurate at all.
If you want to accurate ping time, use CMD.
I use CMD, when It shows 300 ping I get 3 bar.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
It has been discussed before but I'll drop it here as well - Asian/Middle-east servers would cost a ridiculously large amount of money and more than likely wouldn't be worth the risk.

Chad can't go on the assumption that "all Arabs are rich" as even if they were - they'd buy lifetime donor and that's it.

Although MCGamer is a tight-knit community, it's also a business meaning that it needs to be profitable. I don't see any new region servers being released in the near future but I may be wrong.

RevolutionaryMC

Spectator
Reaction score
0-149 ping = 5 bar
149 - 200 = 4 bar
200-300 = 3 bar
300-400 = 2 bar
400+ = 1 bar

350+ is 2 bar actually and we dont get 140 ping like you guys...we get 250+ on eu and au and 210 on US
You have eu to play on to begin with and you get pretty good ping(even on other eu servers) while we dont have much servers and most of them are cracked

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci