• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suicide + Depression Awareness

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
As someone who has been suicidal multiple times in her life; being hospitalized twice for it, and stopping herself from acting upon it the other 3-4 times, this does hit home pretty hard. But, with my experiences, I can safely say that I understand most of what was going on in this person's head, depending on their life situation. Depression is a b*tch to deal with on a daily basis, whether it's biological or trauma induced, it's all awful.

With that out of the way, I want you guys to understand that this kind of thing doesn't go away. No matter what hotline you call, what meds you take, how many times you need to be hospitalized, it doesn't leave you. Depression molds your personality, it shapes who you are, and becomes a part of you. It'll always be there, taunting you... And sometimes, like in my case... you don't want it to leave anymore.

Saying this kind of thing is a tragedy, selfish even, is pretty sickening in my eyes. Think about this: When someone decides to end their own life, why do we look down upon that person, point to the people they've hurt, and say "don't be like this person"? Why do we not celebrate their life in the way we do when a parent or grandparent dies? Why don't we point to the hurt and mourning when a loving family member dies of natural causes, saying that we should never do what that family member did?

Saying Suicide is selfish is selfish in itself. Death is natural, mourning is natural. Do not condemn the actions of the deceased by looking at the trail of tears they have left behind, celebrate their life in it's purest form.

K

KiDD

A very important topic, and a quite serious one. The age group that it affects is quite relevant to those of this network, therefore getting a message to those people is important. Well said!

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I don't understand what it's like to be suicidal myself, however I still think that the act of suicide is selfish. Many people call it the easy way out, but what is so easy about it? Someone is going to find your body, whether someone you know or not and throughout their lives they'll always have that mental image of your body. All those around you, your friends and family, no matter how far apart you felt from them they will miss you, and probably blame themselves for what you've done and they'll carry that with them forever. People at your school or workplace who have made a negative or rude comment about you will question if it was them that pushed you over the edge.

If you have nothing worth living for, suicide still isn't the right way. Your problems may be over once you do it, but you don't know how many lives you've ruined around you, and to be honest that's selfish. So please, for yourself and those around you, get help, because it does get better.

PrimalAU

Survivor
Reaction score
How sad, I feel sorry for and his family. Image the pain there going through right now... Rest In Peace.

Guys if your in a skype call with a person called _DemonPvP_ his been going through depression lately and his tried killing him self multiple times. I know him in real life and it's really worrying me. Could a mod talk to him on Skype about how it's the easy we out.. He won't listen to me. Thanks for your help.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Rest in piece, is whole topic should have more awareness so well done

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow, R.I.P My condolences to his family and loved ones.

By the way, if anyone is experiencing depressing or suicidal thoughts/actions, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255. Thanks!

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Your problems may be over once you do it, but you don't know how many lives you've ruined around you, and to be honest that's selfish. So please, for yourself and those around you, get help, because it does get better.
The same can be said about those mourning the death of a loved one. The act of mourning itself sprouts from the need of someone in one's life not being met, which in itself, is selfish. The mourning doesn't know what the deceased knew, they couldn't understand what was going on in their head, what drove them to suicide. They look down upon the passed for leaving them, which, if you ask me, is just as selfish.

Humanity is selfish. We weren't meant to evolve past Birth->Reproduce->Die->Repeat. Our brains were created for hunting, not contemplating identity, sexuality, self worth, none of it. These issues weren't meant to exist... yet here we are.

Look, I'm not trying to promote suicide or any nonsense like that... The point I'm trying to get across is... well... I'll let someone else explain it:

"That moment I realized... I've seen this scene before... over and over... It was always happening right in front of me, but I pretended not to notice it... That's right... this world is cruel." ~Mikasa, Attack on Titan (my gf finally convinced me to watch it and now I'm addicted x~x)

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how much you condemn the actions of the suicidal, no matter how hard you try to look away, it'll always be there. Suicide is a cause of death, simple as that, and death is everywhere. Don't look down on them as if they were a tragedy, look to the battles they fought, and learn from them.

Reaction score
Life gets better and Suicide is the worst way to go out. See you are not only hurting yourself but you are hurting your parents feelings that might give them depression. You are also hurting your résumé, why because if you have Suicide problems not many people will hire you because you might commit suicide and the bussiness reputation goes in the drain. Take Chris Beniot as a example he killed himself and his family yes the conditions were different (steroids and killing his family) They have a deep background. By attempting to suicide you are hurting yourself even more. Sometimes you have to wait.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Insults roll off people's tongues without realizing who they're talking to. Maybe that person you called retarded is handicapped. Maybe that kid you called gay is LGBT. Some people just cease to understand how fragile a person is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci