• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Map: Tritania

Should this map get added?

• Yes

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

OwenScottMC

Survivor
Reaction score
"Dat shaders tho" < It makes the map 100% better! But in all seriousness I would like to see you guys take suggestions from the mcsg community to better improve your map.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Here is my full review of the map. It is king of long so only click the spoiler thing if you want to read it.

Terraforming: I want to start with this because this is your biggest problem. I am not going to lie, it is not good. World Edit doesn't quite cut it when terraforming. (I don't know if you used other things besides world edit to terraform, but it looks like World Edit terrain.) I suggest using a more efficient terraforming plugin like Voxel Sniper. Along with this, the terrain is very, VERY uneven in places. Your mountain area will be next to impossible to navigate and fight on. The big tree is made completely of spheres, it isn't smoothed at all, and this makes it look unprofessional and bad. Those were the two biggest things that I noticed when looking over the terrain; however, all of it needs work to look like MCSG caliber terrain. When doing this remember to take your time, and make sure it looks good.

I give the terrain a 2/10. Needs major improvements.

Builds: I would say that these are half bad. They look nice and seem to have meaning. However, they lack purpose in placement. What I mean is, the builds are very random. You placed a floating tree house, a nether fortress, and a market castle looking thing. But your theme was a small jungle village. When building you want everything to make sense. Also, there are a lot of signs saying "I was here" or "Bob's Treehouse" and such. Derp signs (what I like to call them) can ruin maps. Also, be careful with your easter eggs. I noticed a lot of them and generally you only want 1-2 at most. Also, as mentioned in other comments, detail is necessary. It appears as if there was no specific design or style of house used. Overall, builds were random and lacking in details.

I give the builds as a whole a 3/10. They are very random and need detail.

Mountains: I know I have already touched on this in the terraforming section, but it really sticks out to me as a problem. The terrain goes from flat to this mountain that is 70 blocks high without any gradual increase. It just isn't natural. Also, they don't even look like mountains, just a bunch of spikes. Please consider making major changes to this part of your terraforming.

The mountains are part of the terraforming so I am going to stick with my 2/10. They need work.

Ok, this is my review. I usually make them longer, but I wanted to tackle this map with a more broad review. I touched on the major things instead of the little things because it all needs work. I do see potential in this idea, that is why I took the time to write this. I just think a map like this needs to look amazing on the terraforming side of things, and the builds should be specific and fluid for an idea like this. Keep working at this idea, and it will be amazing what I think it will turn out with. But as for now, I am going to have to give the rating 2.5/10.

charlietreeman

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks ok, you should add more detail to some of the buildings and spawn. Otherwise a decent map :p

ianianmense

Experienced
Reaction score
Here is my full review of the map. It is king of long so only click the spoiler thing if you want to read it.

Terraforming: I want to start with this because this is your biggest problem. I am not going to lie, it is not good. World Edit doesn't quite cut it when terraforming. (I don't know if you used other things besides world edit to terraform, but it looks like World Edit terrain.) I suggest using a more efficient terraforming plugin like Voxel Sniper. Along with this, the terrain is very, VERY uneven in places. Your mountain area will be next to impossible to navigate and fight on. The big tree is made completely of spheres, it isn't smoothed at all, and this makes it look unprofessional and bad. Those were the two biggest things that I noticed when looking over the terrain; however, all of it needs work to look like MCSG caliber terrain. When doing this remember to take your time, and make sure it looks good.

I give the terrain a 2/10. Needs major improvements.

Builds: I would say that these are half bad. They look nice and seem to have meaning. However, they lack purpose in placement. What I mean is, the builds are very random. You placed a floating tree house, a nether fortress, and a market castle looking thing. But your theme was a small jungle village. When building you want everything to make sense. Also, there are a lot of signs saying "I was here" or "Bob's Treehouse" and such. Derp signs (what I like to call them) can ruin maps. Also, be careful with your easter eggs. I noticed a lot of them and generally you only want 1-2 at most. Also, as mentioned in other comments, detail is necessary. It appears as if there was no specific design or style of house used. Overall, builds were random and lacking in details.

I give the builds as a whole a 3/10. They are very random and need detail.

Mountains: I know I have already touched on this in the terraforming section, but it really sticks out to me as a problem. The terrain goes from flat to this mountain that is 70 blocks high without any gradual increase. It just isn't natural. Also, they don't even look like mountains, just a bunch of spikes. Please consider making major changes to this part of your terraforming.

The mountains are part of the terraforming so I am going to stick with my 2/10. They need work.

Ok, this is my review. I usually make them longer, but I wanted to tackle this map with a more broad review. I touched on the major things instead of the little things because it all needs work. I do see potential in this idea, that is why I took the time to write this. I just think a map like this needs to look amazing on the terraforming side of things, and the builds should be specific and fluid for an idea like this. Keep working at this idea, and it will be amazing what I think it will turn out with. But as for now, I am going to have to give the rating 2.5/10.
wow that was pretty mean...
First of all right now im adding tunnels that go trough the mountains to make traveling easier.
Seccond im going to make the town close to spawn (as i think the other is OK) more detail.
And about that tree, i know the bottom looks weird but since this is a giant bonsai tree the top has spheres of leaves (take a closer look at Bonsly)
But thx for telling us what to do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci