• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

AgentCrypt

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll give my review on this :3 To clarify a few things before I start, I have downloaded it and thoroughly reviewed it. This review will be long so only click the spoiler if you are truly interested in reading it. Review time :3

Since the terraforming has been focused on already, I won't review. I think what's been stated is fine enough for that (maybe go over some areas a tad bit though). Also, the theme- I know that you followed the styles of sg2 and sg4. It's been discussed on this thread already so I'll leave that part alone as well :3 I'll try hitting the points that others have not yet.

Custom Trees- With custom trees (and this is just my personal opinion), I think it's best to either have them or don't have them. In this map, there's mainly default trees (about 95-97%) but there's several custom trees. I think this throws off that area a bit and makes it odd. I think custom trees are good since they show a farther level of dedication to the map but they are only good if ALL the trees are custom (again, just my opinion)

Sewer System- Sewers are way overdone... They seem to be becoming the new dragons or windmills. Teweran Survival Games 3 does have a sewer system as well but the way they did it was unique and never before done. I think if you alter the sewer system and made it unique, it would add so much depth to your map.

Train- Again, trains are a bit overdone as well but this one does happen to be different than the normal train. Even with that said, I think it could definitely be improved by quite a bit. For starters, the shape looks a little odd and at the very top, where there's stone bricks, I think that throws off the color scheme you had.

Too Many Trees- It seems as though you put trees wherever you didn't know where to put anything else. The farther you get to the edge of the glass dome, the more dense they become. It reaches a point where they become so dense that it would drastically decrease the level of gameplay. I suggest making them more sparse in some areas. Also, it'd be nice for more stuff around the edge of the map. In a lot of places around the edge, it's just walking through trees which people don't like. Maybe add more things (smaller things to fit in those spaces).

Interiors- I've looked through every floor of every building on the map and some are nice but overall, the quality of the interiors compared to the exteriors of the buildings is much lower. Going back over those and touching them up a lot would drastically improve quality of the map.

Signs- Signs with messages like "Steve was here" really kill map themes. I've noticed a few signs on the American flag that would be an instant kill for any theme you had going there. I highly suggest removing those.

Terraforming Underwater- I know I said I wouldn't really talk much about terraforming but the terraforming underwater near the boat looks really rushed and weird. Going back over that would be very nice.

Different Themed Buildings- Overall the buildings look nice from the outside but a lot of them are themed differently. Some of them use the color scheme of quartz with brick. Others use the different types of stone bricks. This gives a massive contrast between buildings that should blend together creating a theme.

Honestly, that's it for my review :3 It wasn't as long as I usually make them (probably because I'm really tired) but I think it sums everything up. Overall I give the map a 6.2/10 at the current moment.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I'll give my review on this :3 To clarify a few things before I start, I have downloaded it and thoroughly reviewed it. This review will be long so only click the spoiler if you are truly interested in reading it. Review time :3

Since the terraforming has been focused on already, I won't review. I think what's been stated is fine enough for that (maybe go over some areas a tad bit though). Also, the theme- I know that you followed the styles of sg2 and sg4. It's been discussed on this thread already so I'll leave that part alone as well :3 I'll try hitting the points that others have not yet.

Custom Trees- With custom trees (and this is just my personal opinion), I think it's best to either have them or don't have them. In this map, there's mainly default trees (about 95-97%) but there's several custom trees. I think this throws off that area a bit and makes it odd. I think custom trees are good since they show a farther level of dedication to the map but they are only good if ALL the trees are custom (again, just my opinion)

Sewer System- Sewers are way overdone... They seem to be becoming the new dragons or windmills. Teweran Survival Games 3 does have a sewer system as well but the way they did it was unique and never before done. I think if you alter the sewer system and made it unique, it would add so much depth to your map.

Train- Again, trains are a bit overdone as well but this one does happen to be different than the normal train. Even with that said, I think it could definitely be improved by quite a bit. For starters, the shape looks a little odd and at the very top, where there's stone bricks, I think that throws off the color scheme you had.

Too Many Trees- It seems as though you put trees wherever you didn't know where to put anything else. The farther you get to the edge of the glass dome, the more dense they become. It reaches a point where they become so dense that it would drastically decrease the level of gameplay. I suggest making them more sparse in some areas. Also, it'd be nice for more stuff around the edge of the map. In a lot of places around the edge, it's just walking through trees which people don't like. Maybe add more things (smaller things to fit in those spaces).

Interiors- I've looked through every floor of every building on the map and some are nice but overall, the quality of the interiors compared to the exteriors of the buildings is much lower. Going back over those and touching them up a lot would drastically improve quality of the map.

Signs- Signs with messages like "Steve was here" really kill map themes. I've noticed a few signs on the American flag that would be an instant kill for any theme you had going there. I highly suggest removing those.

Terraforming Underwater- I know I said I wouldn't really talk much about terraforming but the terraforming underwater near the boat looks really rushed and weird. Going back over that would be very nice.

Different Themed Buildings- Overall the buildings look nice from the outside but a lot of them are themed differently. Some of them use the color scheme of quartz with brick. Others use the different types of stone bricks. This gives a massive contrast between buildings that should blend together creating a theme.

Honestly, that's it for my review :3 It wasn't as long as I usually make them (probably because I'm really tired) but I think it sums everything up. Overall I give the map a 6.2/10 at the current moment.
http://imgur.com/a/naF5s#0
Ok. I have edited/fixed/built everything you have suggested.

I added custom trees around the cornucopia and took out all of the other trees. I think this will not only make my map look better, but also make for better pvp in the more open area. I kept trees towards the glass dome and next to the buildings. Reason being I think it helps add to the overgrown theme of the buildings....

....and as for towards the glass dome I added an older radio station and an older home. They both fit nicely, but I think the older home needs some explaining. I decided that it would be logical for there to be a house that was built before the city. It is fairly isolated with a small cobble path leading to it.

As for the sewers, I was not exactly sure how to change them. The only way I could think of altering the pipes would have been to make them green (Like TSG3) or to keep them the same like (SG4&SG2). So I decided to keep them the same, but to just add more "pizzaz" to them. So I made a central area where all of the pipes meet up. This area is also viewable from a giant hole in the streets.

As for the train: I made the color scheme match like suggested, and I also made the shape make more sense. (This is hard to explain, but I am pretty sure you will see what I mean.)

Also in one of the pictures you can see that I made the terraforming on the bottom of the lake smoother and less rough and ugly. I think it looks much more realistic and prettier. :)

Lastly, I went around to all the interiors and add touch ups. Basically, I didn't add much to them, I just made them make more sense. I also took out all of the random signs.

The last thing you mentioned was the theme of the buildings between the bricks and the stone bricks. I thought it over and decided to keep it the same. I agreed with your point, but in an actual city, there are buildings of all sorts of colors and sizes. So I decided to keep them the same because I thought the variation looked nice.

Thanks for your critique once again, and I hope after this that your rating for my map can go up. ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Great map, but I see builds and terraforms that look identical to those on the following maps. Twin towers on SG2. Helicopter on Holiday Resort. Small dock by lumberyard on SG4. Sewers on side of corn on SG4. Four roads going each way from corn on SG2. I mean, some of these are super exact. Nevertheless, this map looks GREAT and hope to see this and Neptunis on the servers. If this doesn't make it and maps like Chernobyl, fallen colossi, Icarus, moonbase, Freeze island, and more CAN make it. I will be nothing but disappointed in the MCSG higher-ups who are doing the map judgement. Wow, that was a lot to type on an iPod.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Great map, but I see builds and terraforms that look identical to those on the following maps. Twin towers on SG2. Helicopter on Holiday Resort. Small dock by lumberyard on SG4. Sewers on side of corn on SG4. Four roads going each way from corn on SG2. I mean, some of these are super exact. Nevertheless, this map looks GREAT and hope to see this and Neptunis on the servers. If this doesn't make it and maps like Chernobyl, fallen colossi, Icarus, moonbase, Freeze island, and more CAN make it. I will be nothing but disappointed in the MCSG higher-ups who are doing the map judgement. Wow, that was a lot to type on an iPod.
I am glad you like it.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/naF5s#0
Ok. I have edited/fixed/built everything you have suggested.

I added custom trees around the cornucopia and took out all of the other trees. I think this will not only make my map look better, but also make for better pvp in the more open area. I kept trees towards the glass dome and next to the buildings. Reason being I think it helps add to the overgrown theme of the buildings....

....and as for towards the glass dome I added an older radio station and an older home. They both fit nicely, but I think the older home needs some explaining. I decided that it would be logical for there to be a house that was built before the city. It is fairly isolated with a small cobble path leading to it.

As for the sewers, I was not exactly sure how to change them. The only way I could think of altering the pipes would have been to make them green (Like TSG3) or to keep them the same like (SG4&SG2). So I decided to keep them the same, but to just add more "pizzaz" to them. So I made a central area where all of the pipes meet up. This area is also viewable from a giant hole in the streets.

As for the train: I made the color scheme match like suggested, and I also made the shape make more sense. (This is hard to explain, but I am pretty sure you will see what I mean.)

Also in one of the pictures you can see that I made the terraforming on the bottom of the lake smoother and less rough and ugly. I think it looks much more realistic and prettier. :)

Lastly, I went around to all the interiors and add touch ups. Basically, I didn't add much to them, I just made them make more sense. I also took out all of the random signs.

The last thing you mentioned was the theme of the buildings between the bricks and the stone bricks. I thought it over and decided to keep it the same. I agreed with your point, but in an actual city, there are buildings of all sorts of colors and sizes. So I decided to keep them the same because I thought the variation looked nice.

Thanks for your critique once again, and I hope after this that your rating for my map can go up. ;)
I'm really glad that you take constructive criticism into mind :) others don't sometimes. This had made the map quality raise some in my opinion :D

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I'm really glad that you take constructive criticism into mind :) others don't sometimes. This had made the map quality raise some in my opinion :D
Yes, I find that some of the best things on my map have come from people's suggestions on here. Thanks for your time again. :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I am glad you like it.
It really is, truly and completely awesome. I'll usually click on like a random map in these sections thinking it will be bad, but then I am just utterly surprised.

YoYoMyHommie

Platinum
Reaction score
Andrew, I are the test games going to occur today? I haven't seen anyone on the server and you aren't in Skype. Please answer.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
It really is, truly and completely awesome. I'll usually click on like a random map in these sections thinking it will be bad, but then I am just utterly surprised.
Andrew, I are the test games going to occur today? I haven't seen anyone on the server and you aren't in Skype. Please answer.
Thanks Zebra.
YoYoMyHommie, the test games are being rescheduled due to some family issues that had to be tended to today. I will let you know the new date.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Remember guys, if you like this map share it with your friends. We need all the support possible to get it on the servers! :D Also, planetminecraft page for this map coming soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci