• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
The problem is, I see nearly EXACT copies of elements of SG 2 and 4. It just feels like the 2 maps mushed together.
I respect your opinion. However, just because it looks like those maps, doesn't mean it is like those maps. Please be open minded and download the map to see for yourself.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
The problem is, I see nearly EXACT copies of elements of SG 2 and 4. It just feels like the 2 maps mushed together.
Nothing is identical, and really the map isn't all that similar to either one. Being a city, it is going to look somewhat similar to sg 2, seeing as how the themes are similar. As andrew said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the maps really aren't very similar.

YoYoMyHommie

Platinum
Reaction score
I love the map and I hope it gets added but I want to know if I will get VIP or not. I worked a lot on my own time making many details. I would be very sad if I didn't get it but it is your decision at the end of the day. ;-;

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I love the map and I hope it gets added but I want to know if I will get VIP or not. I worked a lot on my own time making many details. I would be very sad if I didn't get it but it is your decision at the end of the day. ;-;
Please discuss this with me in private.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Even though I see resemblance from other maps, this map is amazing because it not only looks good- it is a map that will give really gameplay.

I would still change some of the buildings to give your map it's own style though.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
This may be bias because Im one of the lead Builders, but honesty, the gameplay on this map is great. It will benefit you in so many ways. And, Super forgot in the thread, that two easter eggs are obtained inside the map, My favorite personally is Judy The Fish. I cant spoil the other one, if you would like to find out, participate in the test games, this saturday on herocraft.mcserver.ws all day!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I understand it was based off of SG 2 and 4, but I still wish there was more difference. The buildings seem too SG 2 style, and the map seems setup too much like SG 4. However, I'm a rather harsh map critic and I'm sure MCSG will enjoy it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Nothing is identical, and really the map isn't all that similar to either one. Being a city, it is going to look somewhat similar to sg 2, seeing as how the themes are similar. As andrew said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the maps really aren't very similar.
One of the screenshots has a dock and pond that can be seen in SG 4. The twin towers with the bridge eerily resemble the ones in SG 2. The village just looks like the SG 2 one in design, just a different color roof. The sewers at corn look just like the SG 4 ones. I'm sorry, but I just can't see myself getting past this.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It looks nice but it is not original at all, jumping off that building into the water? That is exactly Sg2, I think it needs to be more original.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I understand it was based off of SG 2 and 4, but I still wish there was more difference. The buildings seem too SG 2 style, and the map seems setup too much like SG 4. However, I'm a rather harsh map critic and I'm sure MCSG will enjoy it.
Thanks for the thoughts. But once again, there are major contrasts all around.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
It looks nice but it is not original at all, jumping off that building into the water? That is exactly Sg2, I think it needs to be more original.
The way I see it is you are looking at two of the 25 different buildings on the map and assuming that it is exactly like SG2. It is fine that you think that, but we are going to need more to go off of than the fact that you think two buildings look similar. Also, just because it is a city does not mean it resembles SG2 too closely. That is just what it looks like to someone who hasn't truly seen the whole map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci