• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts. But once again, there are major contrasts all around.
Yes, but the major similarities of the builds really make me think of this map as unprofessional and uncreative. Make your own designs for buildings instead of copying other successful builds.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
One of the screenshots has a dock and pond that can be seen in SG 4. The twin towers with the bridge eerily resemble the ones in SG 2. The village just looks like the SG 2 one in design, just a different color roof. The sewers at corn look just like the SG 4 ones. I'm sorry, but I just can't see myself getting past this.
Sg2's twin towers do not have a bridge and they are bigger, the neighborhood does closely resemble that of SG but it has different purpose and meaning and design, The sewer is a close resemblance of SG4, but how does one make a sewer look any different?

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, but the major similarities of the builds really make me think of this map as unprofessional and uncreative. Make your own designs for buildings instead of copying other successful builds.
You have got to be kidding me... There are literally only 2 buildings that look anything similar to SG2. The rest are different. This map is the result of 5 months of work and hours upon hours of detailing. Also, the map does have its own design... Sg2, and SG4 look nothing like the design at all. Just some of the buildings look the same. You can say that the build lacks originality if that is what you choose to think, but you have no right to say that it is uncreative and professional and a copy.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sg2's twin towers do not have a bridge and they are bigger, the neighborhood does closely resemble that of SG but it has different purpose and meaning and design, The sewer is a close resemblance of SG4, but how does one make a sewer look any different?
Size does not change the fact that the builds are basically stolen ideas. I care more so of the ideas, not the actual building. There's a dock in a forest, a train, the twin towers, the sewers, the village, etc, that are all stolen ideas from SG2 or SG4

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me... There are literally only 2 buildings that look anything similar to SG2. The rest are different. This map is the result of 5 months of work and hours upon hours of detailing. Also, the map does have its own design... Sg2, and SG4 look nothing like the design at all. Just some of the buildings look the same. You can say that the build lacks originality if that is what you choose to think, but you have no right to say that it is uncreative and professional and a copy.
Yes, the map layout is different, but the main builds, the most impressive ones, are all stolen ideas.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, the map layout is different, but the main builds, the most impressive ones, are all stolen ideas.
The capital building, the twin towers, the town, the whole thing just looks lik a low quality version of sg 2. It's just my opinion.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The capital building, the twin towers, the town, the whole thing just looks lik a low quality version of sg 2. It's just my opinion.
None of the builds are as impressive as SG2, but the copies are the best builds on this map.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We have all the right to say that, expressing our own opinion is not illegal. These build are really just bland. You can tell its copy of sg 2.

tpemrickjr

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I see how you could believe that it is a "copy" because of SIMILAR aspects, but most maps do have very similar things:
-Sewers: SG4, SG2, TSG2, TSG3, possibly more.
-A Town (now really, how can you copy a town?) SG2, TSG2, Avericia (dont know how to spell it) SG3, SG4, Ancient Japan, Valleyside, Fallen Empire, TSG, Treacherous Heights, and more.
- The 2 Towers. First off they are 2 towers next to each other similar to SG2 but they are not falling, they have a completely different design and they have a completely different aspect to them.

Other landmarks similar. I'm sorry to say but this has the stereotypical aspects that most towns do have. Sure it has some very similar aspects that I can agree are in the other maps but they are also different in their own way ( you have to check out on the map) as in design, placement, colors, and interior.

Lastly, SG2 and SG4 are probably the most over played maps and loved maps that have ever been on the MCSG servers, now people don't vote SG2 because it takes to long or lags people out and some people don't vote for SG4 because it was over played and was getting boring. This map is the perfect map, it has great PVP and has the aspects from SG2 and SG4 that made the maps as great as they are, and now you have a mix that the SG2 fans would like and the SG4 fans. In all honesty I really like this map and believe it combined the best aspects from SG2 and 4 to make a map that everyone would like. I understand that is is very similar but it is still really well built, small enough for games that are not to short but not to long (from what I have played) and just a good map in general. I understand that you can see how it isn't as original as maps like solar frost and TSG 1, 2, and 3 but this maps combination of SG2 and 4 while still being original makes a great map. If you still don't like this map because it has the similar aspects as SG2 and SG4, think of how good this map would be if there was no SG2 or 4...

Thankyou to thoes that respect my opinion and actually read this. I would like to say that I did not work on this map or do I view it different than any other map submitted, but I have played on it and I can say it is awesome.

-tpem

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally I see how you could believe that it is a "copy" because of SIMILAR aspects, but most maps do have very similar things:
-Sewers: SG4, SG2, TSG2, TSG3, possibly more.
-A Town (now really, how can you copy a town?) SG2, TSG2, Avericia (dont know how to spell it) SG3, SG4, Ancient Japan, Valleyside, Fallen Empire, TSG, Treacherous Heights, and more.
- The 2 Towers. First off they are 2 towers next to each other similar to SG2 but they are not falling, they have a completely different design and they have a completely different aspect to them.

Other landmarks similar. I'm sorry to say but this has the stereotypical aspects that most towns do have. Sure it has some very similar aspects that I can agree are in the other maps but they are also different in their own way ( you have to check out on the map) as in design, placement, colors, and interior.

Lastly, SG2 and SG4 are probably the most over played maps and loved maps that have ever been on the MCSG servers, now people don't vote SG2 because it takes to long or lags people out and some people don't vote for SG4 because it was over played and was getting boring. This map is the perfect map, it has great PVP and has the aspects from SG2 and SG4 that made the maps as great as they are, and now you have a mix that the SG2 fans would like and the SG4 fans. In all honesty I really like this map and believe it combined the best aspects from SG2 and 4 to make a map that everyone would like. I understand that is is very similar but it is still really well built, small enough for games that are not to short but not to long (from what I have played) and just a good map in general. I understand that you can see how it isn't as original as maps like solar frost and TSG 1, 2, and 3 but this maps combination of SG2 and 4 while still being original makes a great map. If you still don't like this map because it has the similar aspects as SG2 and SG4, think of how good this map would be if there was no SG2 or 4...

Thankyou to thoes that respect my opinion and actually read this. I would like to say that I did not work on this map or do I view it different than any other map submitted, but I have played on it and I can say it is awesome.

-tpem
This map would be good if the ideas weren't stolen. You can't justify stealing with how good it would be if the originals didn't exist.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
This map would be good if the ideas weren't stolen. You can't justify stealing with how good it would be if the originals didn't exist.
Your definition and my definition of stealing are different.

Your definintion:
Is it stealing when Chicago and New York city have the exact same skyscraper?
Is it stealing that one lake has a dock and another lake has a dock?
Is it stealing that my neighborhood has the exact same layout as another one in another state?

My definition:
Is taking a TV out of someone else's house that does not belong to you stealing?

Do you see the difference?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. The twin towers do have a bridge; it is ruined so its not complete. Just because they're shorter doesn't mean it not very alike.
2. The sewer is in the exact same spot with the exact same design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci