• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Okay so it looks nice, but it is way to similar to SG4 and SG2. I mean, the buildings are almost exactly the same, and it even has the little jump-into-a-tiny-bit-of-water thing. Sorry, but it's not original enough for me :/
Thanks for the feedback, but once again, I feel you are just looking at the two towers and assuming this. IDK whether you looked at the whole map or not, but none of the buildings are the same,

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, but once again, I feel you are just looking at the two towers and assuming this. IDK whether you looked at the whole map or not, but none of the buildings are the same,
they are just the same style.

YoYoMyHommie

Platinum
Reaction score
Andrew, by when will we know if the map gets accepted or not? This map looks really nice and people have to look past the similarities and see the differences. E.g. The cornucopia, the size, and the capital building. There are many more differences than similarities and I hope people can see that more than they can see the similarities.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Andrew, by when will we know if the map gets accepted or not? This map looks really nice and people have to look past the similarities and see the differences. E.g. The cornucopia, the size, and the capital building. There are many more differences than similarities and I hope people can see that more than they can see the similarities.
When they add the next round of maps to the servers, and our map isn't in that "next round" then we will know.

NewieLordArbiter

Experienced
Reaction score
I personally love this map. I admit there are a couple similar builds in other maps, but this map has plenty of original ideas too. The creators of this map knew/understood that sg4 and sg2 have been raved on and on about by the community and have been 2 of the most popular maps on these servers. Taking this fact in to account, this team of builders made a map with similar builds while keeping it very original in other areas. After looking at the map, it looks like there is plenty of space for good gameplay while there also enough buildings and details for an impressive looking map (my favorite areas being the train, boat, hangar and corn). Also, you can't just discredit this map instantly, when you download it there are many areas perfect for pvp and others with beautiful builds, a combination that I believe will make this map one of the best on the servers. My one suggestion is to make the map a tiny bit less flat (I like it now, however a bit more builds should still keep pvp enjoyable while adding a bit more glamour) . I hope everyone else takes time to download the map and look at it because it is amazing and a lot of effort was put in to this so that MCSG'ers could have another fun map to play on. Nice job SuperxAndrew and I hope this gets added to the servers!

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I personally love this map. I admit there are a couple similar builds in other maps, but this map has plenty of original ideas too. The creators of this map knew/understood that sg4 and sg2 have been raved on and on about by the community and have been 2 of the most popular maps on these servers. Taking this fact in to account, this team of builders made a map with similar builds while keeping it very original in other areas. After looking at the map, it looks like there is plenty of space for good gameplay while there also enough buildings and details for an impressive looking map (my favorite areas being the train, boat, hangar and corn). Also, you can't just discredit this map instantly, when you download it there are many areas perfect for pvp and others with beautiful builds, a combination that I believe will make this map one of the best on the servers. My one suggestion is to make the map a tiny bit less flat (I like it now, however a bit more builds should still keep pvp enjoyable while adding a bit more glamour) . I hope everyone else takes time to download the map and look at it because it is amazing and a lot of effort was put in to this so that MCSG'ers could have another fun map to play on. Nice job SuperxAndrew and I hope this gets added to the servers!
Finally., someone understands this map. Thanks for the feedback. :)

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
I've downloaded the map and now for the review:
The map doesn't look the most visually stunning but it actually looks like it might play in quite a unique way (or least in a fun way). The concentric ring system and building placement makes me think I would want to play this :)
Now I agree with what has been said before visually it does look fairly similar to SG2 and SG4 but not so much that it can't be added with changes. I would mix up the theme to give it a better chance (without this I don't think your map will be accepted)
Also for the corn I would increase the seperation between the chests (I think it makes it a bit fairer).
Overall I feel its a good map (something I don't often say) but could do with some improvements. I hope this with changes gets accepted :D

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Review time!

To be honest when I first read the description and story of the map I thought the map was going to be a bit weak, but I was surprised that it was a lot better than I was expecting

The terraforming looks good, not amazing but that isn't the emphasis on the map so its not really needed here.

I think the build style is really nice, the sizing and variety of buildings looks really nice and the spacing looks really good so I imagine the gameplay of this map is going to be really great, it is true that it is similiar to sg4 and sg2, but I feel the map is different enough to be original which obviously is a good think

I do feel the cornucopia is a bit weak, just doesnt feel anything special to me, but that is pretty much one of the only downsides of the map for me, so overall I think the map looks really good, I rate it a 7/10 nice work

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
To add on to previous posts:
Although it look as the same as the other maps, the gameplay does look quite promising.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I've downloaded the map and now for the review:
The map doesn't look the most visually stunning but it actually looks like it might play in quite a unique way (or least in a fun way). The concentric ring system and building placement makes me think I would want to play this :)
Now I agree with what has been said before visually it does look fairly similar to SG2 and SG4 but not so much that it can't be added with changes. I would mix up the theme to give it a better chance (without this I don't think your map will be accepted)
Also for the corn I would increase the seperation between the chests (I think it makes it a bit fairer).
Overall I feel its a good map (something I don't often say) but could do with some improvements. I hope this with changes gets accepted :D
Could you be more specific on what you want to see changed? Thanks for your time. :)

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Review time!

To be honest when I first read the description and story of the map I thought the map was going to be a bit weak, but I was surprised that it was a lot better than I was expecting

The terraforming looks good, not amazing but that isn't the emphasis on the map so its not really needed here.

I think the build style is really nice, the sizing and variety of buildings looks really nice and the spacing looks really good so I imagine the gameplay of this map is going to be really great, it is true that it is similiar to sg4 and sg2, but I feel the map is different enough to be original which obviously is a good think

I do feel the cornucopia is a bit weak, just doesnt feel anything special to me, but that is pretty much one of the only downsides of the map for me, so overall I think the map looks really good, I rate it a 7/10 nice work
Thanks so much! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci