• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
Could you be more specific on what you want to see changed? Thanks for your time. :)
Well personally I'm not too bothered about the similarities but when I'm back on my PC have another look around and perhaps screenshot some things that would stop these complaints. :)

Also before anyone else states this don't double post i.e. reply to everyone in one comment rather than in three separate ones :) (Pressing reply on each person will automatically add them all to the same comment)

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Well personally I'm not too bothered about the similarities but when I'm back on my PC have another look around and perhaps screenshot some things that would stop these complaints. :)

Also before anyone else states this don't double post i.e. reply to everyone in one comment rather than in three separate ones :) (Pressing reply on each person will automatically add them all to the same comment)
Ok. HaHa... I am posting a lot, but I feel like it is necessary to reply to everyone, to let them know that we took their comment into consideration. I will try that multiple reply thing haha. :)

YoYoMyHommie

Platinum
Reaction score
Andrew, for my 100-200 sub special, can I do it all day on herocraft server? More people wil play it and you will get more publicity. So would it be possible to do it? I will try to be on the server all day on saturday and if possible, so will my fans :D.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Andrew, for my 100-200 sub special, can I do it all day on herocraft server? More people wil play it and you will get more publicity. So would it be possible to do it? I will try to be on the server all day on saturday and if possible, so will my fans :D.
Sure.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, guess I'll have to explain what I meant..
CaptButterToast Tree_TheBigKind ManOfTheBread

When I said that using WorldPainter is worse than having no terrain I didn't mean it. Of course, WorldPainter is a lot better than no terrain. But using a tool like VoxelSniper is so much better than using WorldPainter. With VoxelSniper you can make really detailed terrain and things like arches, overhangs and caves. Using WorldPainter, terrain will look round, too smooth and unnatural (Minecraft natural).

For an SG map, WorldPainter is the wrong thing to use. Use tools like WorldEdit and VoxelSniper. They are a lot better. But if you're aiming to make an extremely large scale map for gamemodes like Wasted or MineZ, WorldPainter is the thing to use.

Sorry for not explaining what exactly I meant.

I will give you a real review on the map based from the screenshots and the video. I don't have access to a computer at the moment, so downloading it would make no sense.

Building
I actually like most of this maps buildings. I think you did a good job making it ruined. The theme of all buildings is also pretty good.
I give the building 8/10

Terraforming
As I've said, I am really not a fan of WorldPainter for SurvivalGames maps. I think you used WorldPainter a lot outside of the dome. There is a general lack of terrain, I understand that it's a city map but I think more terrain would be better.
I give the terraforming 5/10

Originality
The map is clearly based off SG2 and SG4. At corn, you put a way into the sewers on one side, like on SG4. The twin towers look lot different than the ones on SG2 (Those are the Petronas Towers). But they do remind me of the ones on SG2.
I give the map 4/10 for originality.

Theme
I think you implemented the "ruined/abandoned" theme really well. You used the "SG2" style of building, and I think it came out really good. It all looks like a city together and I really like the theme.
I give the theme and it's implementation 9/10

Gameplay
I am only judging from screenshot and playing experience on similar maps. SG2's gameplay is actually my favorite. I think there isn't enough water for endless water chases, that's good. The abandoned city theme actually gives some really good gameplay. I'd say the map looks even and there don't seem to be any special areas or camping spots. The cornucopia is pretty generic and looks good for deathmatches.
I give the map 9/10 for gameplay.

In total I give this map 7/10!

Since I really like the city theme, and SG2 is my favorite map, I would like to see this added.

I might update my review when I have a chance to download it.

Have a good day.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Terraforming
As I've said, I am really not a fan of WorldPainter for SurvivalGames maps. I think you used WorldPainter a lot outside of the dome. There is a general lack of terrain, I understand that it's a city map but I think more terrain would be better.
I give the terraforming 5/10
Sorry to tell you, but was made with voxelsniper, although (this is at the map makers) if someone thinks that your map was made with world painter, but was actually made with voxelsniper, that should be a hint that you overly smoothed the terrain...

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, but was made with voxelsniper, although (this is at the map makers) if someone thinks that your map was made with world painter, but was actually made with voxelsniper, that should be a hint that you overly smoothed the terrain...
Thanks for telling me. I can't download it and I can't clearly tell. I think in corn there is an excessive use of the blendball. When using blendball too much, terrain looks ugly.

As for my review, I still think the terrain is 5/10. Theres a lack of it and it doesn't look any special. To anyone wondering, I made the terrain on Rugged Lands, a map based on terrain.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do have a few screenshots of where this map could use some improvements. Going in the order of screenshot-> suggestion.

Parking Garage:

This structure could use some serious improvements in terms of detail, I suggest that you add maybe a few beams running along the ceiling of the garage. Also for the first floor ceiling, the fact that you can see the lane lines on the floor below doesn't exactly look good, try something more like this:

This way you can still have your lines, and not have it show up on the floor below.

Corn:

This could use the most improvement. First off, I recommend you remove the building in the cornucopia. If anything at least move it to an empty spot on the map with MCEdit, this building in my opinion is the best built building, but worst placed. The placement of this building could slow down the game/ be a death trap at refill if you are in the building, as there is no quick and painless escape from that building. It would be a huge obstruction for the corn design that I have in mind. I also suggest removing some of the trees next to the building, just to improve the efficiency of getting in and out of the cornucopia. The second and biggest improvement I recommend is doing something like this:

It will help improve the looks of the map, and it will add something original to a not original map, as someone has yet to make a cornucopia under a city bridge. The bridge would also add a sense of realism to the map, normally you wouldn't find a road like that in the real world, most likely there would be a bridge spanning the gap. Also I built this in a rush, so you wouldn't have the original road lines below. Also you would edit the cornucopia with maybe a few touch ups, I just built the bridge.

Twin towers:

This building seems to just ignore the law of gravity, and any other real world law. Where is the missing part of the walkway? Did it just disappear from midair? At least add some kind of rubble under the walkway on the road. Or even try and make it look like the two pieces of the walkway are beginning to fall over, and/or have already fallen over.

Those are the suggestions I can think of at the moment, I'll edit this post when I think of more.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for telling me. I can't download it and I can't clearly tell. I think in corn there is an excessive use of the blendball. When using blendball too much, terrain looks ugly.

As for my review, I still think the terrain is 5/10. Theres a lack of it and it doesn't look any special. To anyone wondering, I made the terrain on Rugged Lands, a map based on terrain.
Thanks for the detailed review.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I do have a few screenshots of where this map could use some improvements. Going in the order of screenshot-> suggestion.

Parking Garage:

This structure could use some serious improvements in terms of detail, I suggest that you add maybe a few beams running along the ceiling of the garage. Also for the first floor ceiling, the fact that you can see the lane lines on the floor below doesn't exactly look good, try something more like this:

This way you can still have your lines, and not have it show up on the floor below.

Corn:

This could use the most improvement. First off, I recommend you remove the building in the cornucopia, as it could slow down the game/ be a death trap at refill, and it would be a huge obstruction for the corn design that I have in mind. The second and biggest improvement I recommend is doing something like this:

It will help improve the looks of the map, and it will add something original to a not original map, as someone has yet to make a cornucopia under a city bridge. Also I built this in a rush, so you wouldn't have the original road lines below. Also you would edit the cornucopia with maybe a few touch ups, I just built the bridge.

Twin towers:

This building seems to just ignore the law of gravity, and any other real world law. Where is the missing part of the walkway? Did it just disappear from midair? At least add some kind of rubble under the walkway on the road. Or even try and make it look like the two pieces of the walkway are beginning to fall over, and/or have already fallen over.

Those are the suggestions I can think of at the moment, I'll edit this post when I think of more.
Thanks for the good ideas. <3

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
Here are my screens with suggestions:
Corn:
Do not do the bridge, for me this ruins the feel of the corn and the map :( also I like the building it would destroy. Instead here is my suggestion, do something central like :

p.s. I know that it means there is just a random structure in the middle of the road but you could sort that out :D

Outer regions:
Some of the areas feel a bit empty e.g.

Filling them with structures would be great! :)

Small improvements:
This wall could do with a few more gaps in it (I know there already are some breaks)

You seem to have not put a chest in here and it doesn't do a very good job of killing you :p

All of ManOfTheBread's other suggestions are good just not the bridge in my opinion (pls don't do that :O)

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Here are my screens with suggestions:
Corn:
Do not do the bridge, for me this ruins the feel of the corn and the map :( also I like the building it would destroy. Instead here is my suggestion, do something central like :

p.s. I know that it means there is just a random structure in the middle of the road but you could sort that out :D

Outer regions:
Some of the areas feel a bit empty e.g.

Filling them with structures would be great! :)

Small improvements:
This wall could do with a few more gaps in it (I know there already are some breaks)

You seem to have not put a chest in here and it doesn't do a very good job of killing you :p

All of ManOfTheBread's other suggestions are good just not the bridge in my opinion (pls don't do that :O)
The bridge is an idea that I love, but don't worry, I am going to keep that other building. If you like the corn we have now you will love this one, I will fix that trap, add more holes in the walls, and as for the outer region you are talking about, there is actally a structure in those woods, just might not be above ground. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci