• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teamers, Targeters, And Boosters.

Did you agree with this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

SmileAtTheSour

Spectator
Reaction score
So, after numerous encounters with teams, targeters, and boosters, I decided to create a thread on how it affects the players and that maybe MCG should lean towards SOLO SG.

However, this isn't a normal post about me (or others) complaining about teams and how solo SG should be added immediately.

Recently, in the past week due to numerous players having an outstanding number of points (including me I did NOT point glitch though) there has been lots of targeting happening. That's what's expected. But, what I've seen a lot more common and recently on SG is boosters (a hacker and a non-hacker teaming to get the non-hacker wins). I HAVE managed to get a few recordings, but no matters how many I report they always come back.

Moving on to a somehow related subject; we need more mods moderating Survival Games servers. I'm not trying to be a Feminine Hygene Product or piss anyone off, but recently I've seen that most or nearly all mods are either offline or in the hub chatting. Even though there's around 3 moderators around online everyday, I keep running into the hacker. So, the hacker doesn't get banned, keeps hacking, right? Also, I'm not quite familiar with MCG's banning system, but I'd recommend if someone IS hacking ban their I.P. I knew a few friends back in the day (who no longer play) who used to get on alternates after getting banned.

Now, teamers: Lots of stuff going on there. We all run into teams here and there, but I feel like SG has lost its competitiveness; sure there may be a few competitive players here and there but it's all teamers and boosters now. Most competitive players have moved to other servers due to MCG slowly "dying". Now, I'm sure we all team once in a while, but there's been teams of 4-6 every single game now. This is where I move onto the topic of "team limit". Sure, lots of people have made threads about team limits but barely any of them have a valid reason. I'm not saying I have a valid reason either, but mine is at least arguable.

Clans and Teams, same thing right? NO. Clans are about competitiveness, teams are for people who aren't really competitive, just want to have a bit of fun with their friends.

I apologize for the rant but this has seriously been nagging my thoughts lately. Comment what you think about my points/arguments below. *No hate please*

Julia

Platinum
Reaction score
teams are funny
especially if your teammate dies 1 minute into the game
or gets chased off spawn Zeno : ^)

tbqh im the type of person who /kills or runs out of the arena
in death match so ya

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't see how a team limit could ever work though, because people could truce/teams could split and just go different ways and then meet up if another team member dies... or even pretend to chase eachother. It would be another thing to moderate and seems like a waste of time to me. People should stop caring so much wins and actually play with friends for once, it's more fun! c:

Lis

Career
Reaction score
The targeting for points is going to die down eventually. People with donor that allows them to use /scramble can use that. As for the boosting situation, I've noticed a decline in accusations - which I guess would suggest that there isn't much of that going on.

As for teaming and this specific part of what you said:
Now, I'm sure we all team once in a while, but there's been teams of 4-6 every single game now.
I don't believe that's accurate at all. Personally, I find nothing bigger than a team of 3 every 5-10 games. It is mostly just teams of 2.

I would also like to quote from a different thread, which if you wish to read the entire thread, click here. Another player who researched how many teams, hackers, trash talkers there were in around 50 games. It's a good read, you should definitely check it out.

Throughout all 50 of my games, I did not see a single team exceed three players, and a team of that size was uncommon to begin with.
For the most part, there is teams of 2 in nearly every game I play. Even multiple teams of 2. But I have no seen a team exceed the amount of 3 in a long time. If you are running into a large number of teams of 4-6, that's quite odd. Or just plain unlucky, to be honest.

Also if you're having issues with staff being AFK in the hub, poke a moderator on the MCGamer TeamSpeak. It is a more efficient way of contacting a member of staff, in my opinion. Moderators have other things they may need to attend to and go AFK, just as most of us do.

Tetrismonster

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly MCG Needs to die or fix it's Good. Ever since network merge and 1.8 (which is a survival update and was not mandatory to update to since the could have dualed it giving people the option to use 1.7 or 1.8) It has just fallen apart even more than I thought it would even though the fall of mcg is highly anticipated and I honestly won't mind the community is severely toxic and unwelcoming from many standpoints. This is why I think solo or not it simply doesn't matter there will always be hackers and teams it's minecraft sg get used to it it's not exactly new.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Moving on to a somehow related subject; we need more mods moderating Survival Games servers. I'm not trying to be a Feminine Hygene Product or piss anyone off, but recently I've seen that most or nearly all mods are either offline or in the hub chatting. Even though there's around 3 moderators around online everyday, I keep running into the hacker. So, the hacker doesn't get banned, keeps hacking, right? Also, I'm not quite familiar with MCG's banning system
Just because you don't see moderators it doesn't mean we aren't there. We have ways of going undetectable to regular players so that he hacker doesn't see us ingame and then turn his hacks off.

Have you ever seen players just suspiciously leave without any good reason to?

As for the IP banning, we tried that before. In fact we used to do it often. The problem? Siblings. Almost everyone has siblings and hence the fact that when one person hacks, their sibling is also banned for doing nothing. As for me, I wouldn't mind putting a "your IP your responsibility policy, it'd probably stop some people from hacking"

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
Just because you don't see moderators it doesn't mean we aren't there. We have ways of going undetectable to regular players so that he hacker doesn't see us ingame and then turn his hacks off.

Have you ever seen players just suspiciously leave without any good reason to?

As for the IP banning, we tried that before. In fact we used to do it often. The problem? Siblings. Almost everyone has siblings and hence the fact that when one person hacks, their sibling is also banned for doing nothing. As for me, I wouldn't mind putting a "your IP your responsibility policy, it'd probably stop some people from hacking"
Unrelated, but can you link me to the tweet where solrflare accused you of hacking?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unrelated, but can you link me to the tweet where solrflare accused you of hacking?
It was a long time ago. All I remember is logging into the hub after fighting someone somebody said was a YouTuber and like three people asked why I was hacking against solrflare. I checked out his channel and didn't find a video of it so I'm assuming it was a tweet.

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I swear there was a thread like this but it was, "Teamers, Targeters, Hackers".

Long time ago, can't remember, but whatever.

xDarkRex

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't know what is happening but, I can't join anymore. It says server is down but it isn't!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci