• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamSpeak Help Desk

Do you believe that this suggestions should be introduced to the MCGamer TeamSpeak server?

• Every leap year...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iVelocity is a noob and can't properly spell when asking polls.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey there,

Here's a suggestion that will benefit the manner in which matters are handled on TS by staff. Here is what I propose:

• The VIP help desk is removed as I don't think I've ever seen it used.
  • The staff available channel is removed as it'll be redundant.
  • The number of mod meetings rooms are decreased in order to keep most issues in the help desk channels.
  • Replacing where these two channels once lied, will be 3-4 numbered help desks. These helpdesks are where the community go when they need to talk to a Mod, report a hacker, anything that would usually require a staff member and sent through a poke on TeamSpeak.
  • Another set of channels that would be introduced are private help desks positioned just above the public help desks. These private help desks are where the staff move members out when they need to talk to them in private about their issue. Staff members would be able to deal with multiple issues at different times by putting users in private help desks and going back and forward as needed. e.g. John might need to report a hacker, but he is uploading his video, so a staff member would move John to a private room and go handle other issues and come back in a bit to continue helping John.
  • OPTIONAL: A specific help desk could be created for hacker related issues specifically.

Benefits:

• A more organised fashion for staff to deal with issues.
  • All members are attended to and no ones needs are ignored when they poke a staff member.
  • Staff won't be poked every five seconds and instead are responsible for just checking the help desks.
  • Staff can multitask issues utilizing private help desks making the staff team more efficient.

I really hope this concept is introduced to the TeamSpeak and I from a community member and staff perspective believe it will be extremely beneficial and efficient in the long run.

Please, give your thoughts about this! What do you think about the idea? Do you have any questions regarding it?

Thanks,
Niall

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Hmm, I like the idea but it's really iffy when you try and reform a system in an attempt to make it better, when it is already quite sufficient (imo). If someone needs help they can poke a mod on teamspeak, it has been like that for years and hasn't changed because the system works. I can't vouch for every moderator but I always tend to every poke that I get unless I am super busy or had to leave the computer urgently. If I can't handle the issue I forward it to another moderator.

This idea just seems like a slightly more complex system than we already have and we still have some of the same problems that arise from our current system.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmm, I like the idea but it's really iffy when you try and reform a system in an attempt to make it better, when it is already quite sufficient (imo). If someone needs help they can poke a mod on teamspeak, it has been like that for years and hasn't changed because the system works. I can't vouch for every moderator but I always tend to every poke that I get unless I am super busy or had to leave the computer urgently. If I can't handle the issue I forward it to another moderator.

This idea just seems like a slightly more complex system than we already have and we still have some of the same problems that arise from our current system.
I definitely understand your view. I can't deny, that the current system does work. Though I do believe that this system that I propose would be more effective compared to the current system. As you said, you do respond to pokes which is amazing, though a lot, and I mean a lot of staff have been shown to not respond in the past. This system would make it quicker for members to get help instead of poking every single staff member online. While complex, the system will create more organisation within the staff team in the manner that the situation is dealt with. Instead of multiple staff trying to attend to the same poke, it'll be clearly known to the rest of the team who is handling what issue.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
  • The VIP help desk is removed as I don't think I've ever seen it used.
Completely agree. VIP's shouldn't get special help or priority just because of their rank. All community members should get equal help, including normal green beans.

I also believe that there should be channels where appropriate music bots are allowed. That way, if friends want to play on TeamSpeak and listen to a little music they can without getting banned.

I have a couple other suggestions, but I plan on making my own thread when I have the time to write one up.

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
The staff available channel is removed as it'll be redundant.
I agree with this. Most of the time it's completely empty, and I remember some mods saying that players completely look over it when there is a mod there because there is a higher amount of mods in the mod channels, and they instead contact those.

Another set of channels that would be introduced are private help desks
This is basically what the moderator meeting rooms are now, so I don't see a need for this.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with this. Most of the time it's completely empty, and I remember some mods saying that players completely look over it when there is a mod there because there is a higher amount of mods in the mod channels, and they instead contact those.
+1

This is basically what the moderator meeting rooms are now, so I don't see a need for this.
Really, the private channels would organise the help desk section better with the private rooms right below/above the public rooms where staff instigating the conversation. Meeting room's sole purpose would be for private work related discussion between staff.

Offlook

Yurleth
Reaction score
I mean I think that if the players looked carefully that they see mods free in the channel but yeai get M3rsh's point, players scroll over it just because there are mods in other rooms, but I think if they made the channel stand out that it would be super useful!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci