• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamSpeak problem:((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
From the 1st community focus group session.
My problem is that my ts client crashes whenever I join on my computer. Maybe just an installation error but we'll see once I get back on my PC.

qpDemask

Tribute
Reaction score
My problem is that my ts client crashes whenever I join on my computer. Maybe just an installation error but we'll see once I get back on my PC.
Well I dont know,take a look here ,and if this doesnt help,submit a ticket.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
The problem is that you don't have the ability to write (or save) to TeamSpeak's configuration files, which is located in Program Files (x86).

Windows Vista, 7 and 8 have a security system called UAC, which gives a security prompt before you can run certain files and save to certain locations (I'd include a picture, but I'm on a mobile device at the moment). People might suggest running the program as an Administrator to avoid file permissions, but I'd advise against it. Instead, during TeamSpeak's installation there's an option to specify where you want to save the configuration files.

You've already said that you've uninstalled TeamSpeak, so it's likely that you've already lost your IDs. For people who would like to retain their permissions across different servers, I'd advise doing the first step. If you don't care about saving your permissions, you can skip Step 1.

1. Open the Identities window (Settings >> Identities). Click on the ID you use - for many of you there is likely only one identity listed here - and press Export. Save the file somewhere; it doesn't matter where, only that you can find it later.

2. Uninstall TeamSpeak. If prompted, ensure that you check boxes or select YES to remove everything (again, currently on a mobile device so I'm uncertain of precisely what you'll be prompted with)

3. NyanCaatt, I can tell from your Program Files directory that you're running a 64-bit system, so you can skip this step. For those who do not know the version of Windows they are running, determine the version you're running by clicking Start, right-clicking on Computer and selecting Properties. A window should appear. For Windows 7 you'll see "System type:" and whether you're running a 64-bit or 32-bit system.

4. Navigate to the TeamSpeak download page (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads) and select Client 32-bit or Client 64-bit for your respective system. See the next step for what to look for during the installation.

5. During the installation, you should be able to choose the configuration location (it occurs after you choose an installation location). Choose Recommended: Save in user own files.

6. Complete the rest of the installation.

7. Open TeamSpeak. You'll be given a Welcome Wizard to help set things up. You can complete this or skip it, it's your choice.

8. If you saved your identities in Step 1, navigate back to the Identities window (Settings >> Identities) and Import the file you saved earlier. You can delete the Default ID and use the imported one now.

Using these steps, it should work. For your case NyanCaatt, the configuration files were being saved with the installation files. Every time you opened TeamSpeak it tried to save to the configuration file, but since it was in your Program Files (normally security-protected to some extent), Windows was denying TeamSpeak access.

Hopefully this fixes your problem! Let me know if it persists and I can look at the issue more in-depth when I get home! :]

Note: Make sure you restart your computer as well. It's a typical "Windows solution"

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
The problem is that you don't have the ability to write (or save) to TeamSpeak's configuration files, which is located in Program Files (x86).

Windows Vista, 7 and 8 have a security system called UAC, which gives a security prompt before you can run certain files and save to certain locations (I'd include a picture, but I'm on a mobile device at the moment). People might suggest running the program as an Administrator to avoid file permissions, but I'd advise against it. Instead, during TeamSpeak's installation there's an option to specify where you want to save the configuration files.

You've already said that you've uninstalled TeamSpeak, so it's likely that you've already lost your IDs. For people who would like to retain their permissions across different servers, I'd advise doing the first step. If you don't care about saving your permissions, you can skip Step 1.

1. Open the Identities window (Settings >> Identities). Click on the ID you use - for many of you there is likely only one identity listed here - and press Export. Save the file somewhere; it doesn't matter where, only that you can find it later.

2. Uninstall TeamSpeak. If prompted, ensure that you check boxes or select YES to remove everything (again, currently on a mobile device so I'm uncertain of precisely what you'll be prompted with)

3. NyanCaatt, I can tell from your Program Files directory that you're running a 64-bit system, so you can skip this step. For those who do not know the version of Windows they are running, determine the version you're running by clicking Start, right-clicking on Computer and selecting Properties. A window should appear. For Windows 7 you'll see "System type:" and whether you're running a 64-bit or 32-bit system.

4. Navigate to the TeamSpeak download page (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads) and select Client 32-bit or Client 64-bit for your respective system. See the next step for what to look for during the installation.

5. During the installation, you should be able to choose the configuration location (it occurs after you choose an installation location). Choose Recommended: Save in user own files.

6. Complete the rest of the installation.

7. Open TeamSpeak. You'll be given a Welcome Wizard to help set things up. You can complete this or skip it, it's your choice.

8. If you saved your identities in Step 1, navigate back to the Identities window (Settings >> Identities) and Import the file you saved earlier. You can delete the Default ID and use the imported one now.

Using these steps, it should work. For your case NyanCaatt, the configuration files were being saved with the installation files. Every time you opened TeamSpeak it tried to save to the configuration file, but since it was in your Program Files (normally security-protected to some extent), Windows was denying TeamSpeak access.

Hopefully this fixes your problem! Let me know if it persists and I can look at the issue more in-depth when I get home! :]

Note: Make sure you restart your computer as well. It's a typical "Windows solution"
Thankyou so much. ily Joel <3

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Thankyou so much. ily Joel <3
So everything's working correctly now?

Hopefully a developer will look at this thread and could maybe help us out. I've tried everything I could, and still nothing works.
Hey Cartercraft99. As you've already stated, MCGamer's TeamSpeak has been frequently disconnected due to distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. It's unlikely that your inability to connect is anything on your end, so don't fret. We're aware of these issues and we have arrangements to stabilize all of our TeamSpeak servers to considerably decrease the frequency of DDoS-related outages. We're hoping to fix these issues sometime this summer. (Source: I work for CubedHost, the company who hosts MCGamer and its TeamSpeak. My area of expertise is primarily our Voice servers)

Last edited:

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score

Hey Cartercraft99. As you've already stated, MCGamer's TeamSpeak has been frequently disconnected due to distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. It's unlikely that your inability to connect is anything on your end, so don't fret. We're aware of these issues and we have arrangements to stabilize all of our TeamSpeak servers to considerably decrease the frequency of DDoS-related outages. We're hoping to fix these issues sometime this summer. (Source: I work for CubedHost, the company who hosts MCGamer and its TeamSpeak. My area of expertise is primarily our Voice servers)
Ok, thanks for the help. How long do you think it will be until I will be able to join?

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Seeing that the problem no longer exists, I am locking this thread. PM me if you need more information.

EDIT: Apparently, the problem wasn't fixed. Thread unlocked.

Last edited:

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for unlocking the thread scott46743.

Now I have another question, how long do you think it will be until I will be able to join? Do I have to do something to become able to join, or is it the server I have to wait for?

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Don't do what I do and YOLO it by pressing 'Ignore'.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for unlocking the thread scott46743.

Now I have another question, how long do you think it will be until I will be able to join? Do I have to do something to become able to join, or is it the server I have to wait for?
There's no ETA for when you'll be able to connect. The server appears to be under constant DDoS attacks throughout the course of a day. Sometimes you'll find that you'll be able to connect, while at other times the server will begin to load (you may see 4 or 5 users and maybe a channel or two) and then it will suddenly disconnect.

In a really basic way of explaining it (in no way does this fully explain it), during a DDoS attack a user (or multiple users) has directed a bunch of servers or access points to send data to a certain IP address at the same time (in this case, the TeamSpeak server). The server becomes overwhelmed by this data and is unable to accept a sufficient amount of data from legitimate users due to the number of connections and data being sent by the DDoS. This is why you time out.

Therefore, there's no time or "schedule" when you can log on. The DDoSing is occuring at random intervals throughout the day.

You'll have to hang tight until we can solve the issue during the summer. You'll have to connect when you can or find another way to communicate in the meantime (I can offer the use of many public TeamSpeak servers in the meantime if you inbox message me. I simply don't want to advertise them on a public forum)

Last edited:

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score

Yes it is 0; I didn't know you worked for CubedHost

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Yes it is 0; I didn't know you worked for CubedHost
I do, I do.

And considering your problem has been solved, I'll be requesting a lock for this thread. If anyone has any further TeamSpeak-related issues, don't hesitate to inbox me your questions. I check my messages daily. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci