• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamVareide needs your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TeamVareide

Hello everyone!
The lovely builders here at TeamVareide have been questioning lately if we should do some updates to the current survival games maps, and this is where you come in!
If we are going to update ALL our maps (yes thats right, SG1, SG2, SG3 and SG4) we want to know what YOU would like on them? Would you like new puzzles? Change some buildings around? Add some more organics in? Is there anything specific you would like changed about one map?
Give me all your ideas, I would love to hear them and pass them on to the team so we can continue to make survival games new and exciting!

Ruthi89
TeamVareide Community Manager

Jetscat1

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll think of some things, I think SG4 is fine as it's now.

guggex8

Career
Reaction score
I think the maps are fine, (would be fun with new puzzles) I would like to see some chests moved to other places around the maps so it becomes scrambled, it would create new routes and would refresh the maps a bit :)

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
More 1.4.2 items like the anvil and frames and add more chests to map 1 and 3. Other than that, is there a new map planed for the new year?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
SG1 map feels a little bland out in the water. You do a lot of swimming just to see a single building with a few chests. I think a few more small islands would be nice, because right now I see hardly anyone out there. It feels like it lacks enough chests/landmarks. (A few more landmarks in general would be nice, although try to put these over old chests like ones in caves and stuff. The only place we really need 'more' chests I think is in the ocean area.)

In SG2, I think the map isn't "noob friendly" enough. I know where loads of chests are, but new people don't. All my friends who have played on it don't like it very much at first because it seems very hard to find anything without climbing endless buildings that look the same on every floor...I'm thinking maybe a few smaller buildings, especially in the forest, to keep a few "easy" to find chests out there for the new players of the map.

In SG3, I feel pretty much the same as the first - not enough landmarks. Chests are also very difficult to find. I find myself aimlessly wandering around the jungle getting nowhere and finding very little amounts of chests. Most people tend to head straight to the village area not far from corn because of this, since it's the easiest location to find a good 4-5 chests...from there though, most of us are lost. I've been trying to make a route for so long, but every time I play the map, I find very few chests. I'm suggesting putting some landmarks like buildings here and there throughout the map. It will help with routes, so you know where you are and where you are going, and it will also provide some easier chests to find.

SG4 feels almost too easy to find chests in and I feel there is too little. After I finish my route, I feel as if every single chest has been taken already. I look and look, but it takes some luck to find one that's not taken, so if you didn't get a weapon early or don't have a route, it's very difficult get anywhere for the next 3-4 minutes until refill. I'm suggesting adding a few more chests, but hide them cleverly. This way, there may still be some that people missed along their routes, and anybody clever enough to find them still stands chance, even if they didn't get lucky with the chests so far.

I read that through and realized that in some way or another I asked for more chests on each map. lol. I had different reasons each time though, whether to make it "noob friendly" or just adding a few landmarks over old ones to make them feel new because they'll be easier to find, etc...

Oh, and, yes, new puzzles would be awesome. If more chests/landmarks are added, it'd be nice to add puzzles to get to them so it's not too easy.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
In regard to G33ke, map 2 doesn't lack easy chests, it just lacks them in certain parts of the city. Add more in the areas that are void of such.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
In regard to G33ke, map 2 doesn't lack easy chests, it just lacks them in certain parts of the city. Add more in the areas that are void of such.
I know it doesn't lack chests, I'm saying that they are just in hard to get to/find locations without previous knowledge of the map. I want there to be easily accessible ones to new players so they can get a feel for the map and might enjoy it, and in their own time they can make a better route that includes more tier 2 chests. :p

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On map 1 re-add the enchantment table? Pwetty pwease? On all maps before 4 add tripwire to the traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci