• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Techaton's Resignation | The Story of My Life

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
Dear Staff Members, Community Members, and Friends,

This past year has been truly a brilliant experience since I came back to this community. I feel as though I have said that every time that I left, these past few years I’ve always quit during the summer and said I would never come back, yet, something here seems to always draw back me into this place, but sadly this is the end of the road for me and my resignation.

Had you told me a year ago that I would come back for another year, I would have looked at you funny and thought you were crazy. However near the end of August of last year, some clan things were heating up like the end of the first Clan Wars without me, and some new clan tournaments were in the works. I came back primarily for my love of running clan events, but I ran away from this community for that exact same reason. Little did I know that once I set my foot in the door, I was already running straight through the building and little did I know I was on a journey!

This past year has been absolutely brilliant for me on MCGamer and IRL. In this past year, I have grown so much as a person, I’ve learn so much from these experiences here at MCGamer. There are really three things that can sum up my entire time on MCGamer: Clans, Events, and Staff.

The first two things really helped to learn some new things about myself. Clans and events really go together, but they offered two very different experiences. Clans taught me to give new people and things a fair opportunity, they also taught me to take pride in the people that I surround myself. I might not always agree with my friends, but this really taught me to support and be passionate to those closest to me which is probably why I was always so dedicated and loving to the clans that I was in.

The original mission statements of Clan Wars was for everyone to have fun while it still being competitive. I feel as though as the years went on, the former became less and less while the latter became a larger factor because of outside influence. Clan Wars was an experience like no other, I got to build up network and from that I got to meet a ton of really good people and work with them on this project. Clan Wars was really my pride and joy for a long time until last year when Walker and I had our fight, because that really just ruined everything that Clan Wars stood for me.

When I joined I threw myself into the work within just over two months, I had already reached 1,000 punishments. My goal as a moderator was always about improving upon my work and trying to do the best that I could do. In February after three and half months of holding the position of Moderator, Logan and Yannick gave me the opportunity to become a Sr. Mod. Back then I really felt like I didn’t deserve it, and it was being given to me for all the wrong reasons, because they were my closest friends when it all began. I sometimes regret becoming a Sr. Mod, because things do change once you bear the rank. Is it for better or worse, I guess that really depends on who you’re asking. However, if it had not been for the change I would have lost interest even quicker, because I lost interest in MCGamer/Minecraft long ago only staying for the people not the work.

As much I wish that fight with Walker didn’t happen I can’t really say that. Joining the staff team will always be an accomplishment near and dear to my heart. My friends in the past always told me I would make a good staff member, because I’m just not the kind of person to pick fights. When I joined the staff team I threw myself into it, I think I knew it was the last stop on my journey on MCGamer. I never expected to stay as long as I have, I figured I wouldn’t even make to six months before I called it quits and packed my bags for good. However, that is not what happened at all, because I met some amazing people.

You can think what you may of the MCGamer staff team, and I once held an opinion very close to some community members. I never expected MCGamer to become like a second family to me, the experience truly has been surreal. You know all family may have their issues, but at the end of the day we all love each other and want to see each other succeed. Hiring a person on MCGamer is like a birth into our family, seeing somebody leave the staff team is like a death, we all mourn together and slowly move on just like anyone else. The bad times are alot like boxing: sometimes you get knocked down, but you can always have the option to get back up. Over time it maybe harder to get back up, but there will always be someone willing to pick you back up and set you on your feet again.

If I’m sticking with this whole family metaphor then Yannick, Ryan, Pirate, Jackson, and Kellie are my immediate family. I’ve always been one to get really close to my online friends, however, never have I ever had a friendship as greatest as this one. We’ve had our tough and sad moments where we have cried together. We also supported each other in our romantic relationships. We’ve always been there for each other when we’ve needed it the most. The memories I hold with these people, I will cherish forever.

I would tag people, but when you have been here four years there’s just so many friends and people to thank. Also if I did that this thread would be too long and would probably would never end just know that I love you all.

Sorry to everyone that I have ever wronged, if you ever want to reach out and talk to me hit me up on my Twitter and we can talk about it. I hate leaving things unresolved.

Sorry to all staff members and community members that may feel let down, we can only play with the cards that we were dealt. We can’t get any new cards if the dealer ain’t sitting at the table. I wish there were more that we could do, none of us ever wanted it to get to this point nor did we want to see such a thing dwindle.

Thank you to all past and current staff members without you this wouldn’t be a place I could call home and you guys don’t get enough credit from the community and Sr. Staff about how grateful we are for you guys.

Thank you to all past and current Sr. Staff members, you guys really don’t get enough credit, everyone goes above and beyond especially for what we have to deal with, even if sometimes things just don’t work out.

Thanks to everyone that ever came to an event that I hosted, you guys truly taught me some life long skills.

Thank you to Clans, if it were not for you guys I wouldn’t have a place on MCGamer and was my sole motivation for the majority of my time, here.

Thank you to all of the amazing people and friends that I have met over the years, someone brought a smile to life when I needed it most.

All I ask of people is to follow your heart and be true to yourself then nothing will ever be able to drag you down.

As cliche as this sounds, MCGamer taught me to love, again.

_Pyrrhic

District 13
Reaction score
I would've never thought that you'd become one of the closest friends I would ever have when I first met you. Yet here we are, nearly 10 months later and I can say that I'm so happy to have you in my life. We've had our moments, and we've been there for each other when we really needed it. Although you're only 11 months older than me, you have been an inspiration to me. I love you, and all your sarcasm.

Talk to you soon. Love you, Ryan. <3

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
For someone who only ever talks in mumbles, you sure can write one heckuva goodbye thread. Although, it really isn't goodbye when you're so closely intwined in so many lives here, is it? Love you, Ryan.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
Bye ryan <3 Love you
Trevor, I'm so happy for you that you were able to return to the staff team, because I know you love the job so much and put so much effort into it. You're one of the bravest people I know, and I envy that you are so secure in your identity, it's a true inspiration to me.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ryan, you really have done incredible things on MCSG from work in the clan scene to work on the staff team. Not many other people can claim to have done all of the things you have, which is super impressive!

Catch you around man!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci