• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tell your best campfire stories (The wait for MCGamer v2)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys! Most of you guys know what I mean when I say campfire stories, but if you don't, it is when people all gather around a campfire, and tell stories (quite obvious right?)

Since the servers will be down for a while, why not all gather onto the forums and tell our best stories. (Scary or just MCSG related) or both.

Go

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'll edit some into here once I can think of them ;)

Here's one...

So my friends and I were playing some good old MCSG, back in late 2012. They had both died of natural causes earlier in the game and I was the last of us, standing against 7 other tributes. Turns out, they were all teamed. I did what I did best in efforts to defeat this massive team of 7. I scampered up the tallest mast of the big pirate ship on Breeze Island and attempted to knock them off one by one. I ended up killing four of them before having to retreat to another mast on the ship, and was eventually taken down but I am still proud of that to this day because I was painfully awful at MCSG back then, and couldn't have had more than 2 wins out of 500+ games played at the time.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Let's sing songs at this fire:

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's crying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's singing, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone's praying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's sing songs at this fire:

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah

O Lord, Kum ba yah
That was emotional.

MrConHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Well on the terms of an actual campfire, my friend 'jumped' a bonfire on a bike. Well, attempted to. He landed in the fire, and despite a few seconds of shock and heat, he's all good. Although the bike barely made it out.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Remember everyone! As you read these stories, listen to the official Campfire Song Song!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I once had someone try and bribe me $150 to get unbanned from the server. He was serious too, even gave me a return address to expect the envelope full of cash from. He thought that a wad of $50's was enough to sway my moral fiber. He was wrong. Got a good status update out of it, though.

Speaking of snail mail, we got an interesting piece of mail the other day. Most people will erroneously email Chad their ban dispute for some reason. But this guy actually sent in a physical letter to Chad, along with a typed-out ban dispute. He wrote quite an essay too, two pages long with single spacing and 12 point font. The real kicker was that the letter was from Australia, and mailing that to the US must have cost him a bit of money. I would have considered unbanning him for the effort alone, but sadly his crimes were just too severe to forgive. Chad kept the envelope and the letter, though; I think it's on his desk right now.

So the Admins and Sr. Staff are people too, and we like to pull pranks and crack jokes with each other. On April Fool's day, 2013, everyone on TeamSpeak was playing jokes on each other in the spirit of the day. I decided to join in on the festivities, and I very sarcastically announced my resignation. In a matter of moments, my office was renamed, "StaR's Resignation Party" and every staff member online was dragged up into it, where I gave a very sarcastic farewell speech. I guess my sarcasm didn't go over well with others, because some people thought I was serious. Panic ensued, people started crying, and people were already writing up their own resignation posts. Chad would call me an hour later, telling me that people were frantically calling him to tell him that I was resigning. Ever since then, I haven't been allowed to pull a prank like that ever again. Got another good status update out of it, though.

I also have a recording of the speech I made at my very first MCSG Moderator Meeting... but that's a speech I'll share another day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci