• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: Restarting servers after each game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So if you are noticing lately, ghosting is a HUGE issue right now and is effecting all servers (everyone's servers, not just ours). Doing more researched today we found that this "ghosting" issue is actually a vanilla bug that will be needing to be fixed by Mojang. A"ghost" can be identified by the player still floating on the platforms which tricks the game that they are still playing even though they are disconnected. It seems the only way to remove them completely is to have a mob (creeper) kill them which eliminates them from the games or restart the server completely. We cannot kick, ban, or kill them at all for some odd reason and bukkit has no API to just unload an "afk" player.

So as a TEMPORARY solution, we are automatically restarting the servers after each match (the server will warn you and will be back up in less then 20 seconds after restart). This will guarantee no servers will be held up by the "ghosts" and more games can start without an issue with no admin involvement. Unfortunately yes it's inconvenient to rejoin but it's the best fix we have for now until this gets fixed by Mojang. So we really recommend you using our server pages to find servers that are in lobby. We currently redesigning the pages to be ALOT easier to locate the best server to join in.

We hope this will be fixed once 1.3 comes out and go back to our regular, non restarting servers.

RenoAshford

Tribute
Reaction score
Creepers only work half the time, their were 5 "ghosts" on US Server 21, I managed to kill one with a creeper, the rest however would not take any damage by a creeper :| But restarting servers after every match is a good idea, it's a pain and not as fun with all the "ghosts".

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
Is it possible to make is so that if there's only one active player he/she wins, even though the ghosting player is still alive?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is an issue, ghosts are treated as "active" players. Really after working with kpwn243 and Bukkit dev, there is no workaround until Mojang fixes the issue.

Westhead

Survivor
Reaction score
I last 2 matchs ago to two Ghosts... creepers would not kill them

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
Wow, more people need to read this, I'm seeing tons of "OGM DEY RESTARDED AGEN", I really wish people could read.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
Aw. :(

Seems like a good temporary solution though!

Westhead

Survivor
Reaction score
The 50point thing needs to be sorted out im sick of loseing 50points when i die

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
The 50point thing needs to be sorted out im sick of loseing 50points when i die
The point glitch is noted. Please remember that these servers are still in beta and points will be reset upon full release.

Westhead

Survivor
Reaction score
I know but it just seems unfair that i lose 50 and i only get like 2 points per kill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci