• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: Restarting servers after each game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Westhead, we already telling you that this is not the case and we are fixing that. Please keep on topic.

rednaster

Spectator
Reaction score
this sucks! i wait a whole game to join and them i'm to late because the server restarts....

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I have a temporary suggestion, which will aid in the ghost problem. How about when death match has hit it's time limit, the person that doesn't have any items doesn't get any points. I hear that now when death match reaches it's time limit, the people in death match split the points recieved in the game. So if there is a way to check if someone has no items, they are probably a ghost. Therefore they don't get any points. Or you could also just make it so the person that got the kills gets their points.
Also, keep the idea of restarting the server every game (temporary of course, that would be an awful full time idea) because I like this for now.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
only problem with the no item thing is what if some one is so unlucky as to never find a chest with items? they would get kicked out of dm for being unlucky not afk or ghost. and the thing it the only way to get rid of ghosts it to restart the server, trying to get an automated system to kick a person(or ghost) is the same thing as a mod or admin tryingto kick some one.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
only problem with the no item thing is what if some one is so unlucky as to never find a chest with items? they would get kicked out of dm for being unlucky not afk or ghost. and the thing it the only way to get rid of ghosts it to restart the server, trying to get an automated system to kick a person(or ghost) is the same thing as a mod or admin tryingto kick some one.
If they have no items, what are the chances of them living? You can't sprint jump for 5 minutes straight, you would have to eat something. And if you don't sprint jump, chances are you will just be killed by a sword. I'm only suggesting it if they have absolutely NO ITEMS AT ALL.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
in that case how would they be holding up dm? if they cant sprint jump for long surely the other player(s) can kill him/her before time runs out. :/

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
in that case how would they be holding up dm? if they cant sprint jump for long surely the other player(s) can kill him/her before time runs out. :/
Exactly, that's what I'm saying. They will die if they have nothing, so what's the point of continuing?

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
halfsquirrel, the point of your suggestion is to get rid of ghosts not to kick people with no items. and the thing is you can not kick ghosts period. The only way to remove ghosts and keep them away is to restart the servers after each game. I completely understand what you are trying to suggest but why add something that wont really affect gameplay, you are basically trying to give an auto win to someone because a person doesn't have any items. Crazier things have happened and i wouldnt be surprised if one day someone wins with fists and no armor against a full iron and diamond sword.

and please note, im not trying to bash down your idea, because in theory its a good one, with one flaw it doesnt do what it is intended to do, at the expense of a player auto-losing.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
halfsquirrel, the point of your suggestion is to get rid of ghosts not to kick people with no items. and the thing is you can not kick ghosts period. The only way to remove ghosts and keep them away is to restart the servers after each game. I completely understand what you are trying to suggest but why add something that wont really affect gameplay, you are basically trying to give an auto win to someone because a person doesn't have any items. Crazier things have happened and i wouldnt be surprised if one day someone wins with fists and no armor against a full iron and diamond sword.

and please note, im not trying to bash down your idea, because in theory its a good one, with one flaw it doesnt do what it is intended to do, at the expense of a player auto-losing.
I'm not trying to say kick ghosts. I'm saying stop the death match and go to lobby if the person has no items. Or maybe an edit, that if you were still on your starting podium at death match, then the game would automatically end. I think this is better.
Check out the second idea, which also is better than the one you keep replying to. It's the last sentence in the paragraph from the original reply.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Well yeah keeping what they are doing is a good idea because well honestly its the only thing that works to get rid of ghosts. Also, the way you worded your post it sounds like the first idea is a suggestion to get rid of ghosts, not speed up DM. and finally, you'd rather make dm go faster rather than give the player a chance to at least stop someone from getting a win?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well yeah keeping what they are doing is a good idea because well honestly its the only thing that works to get rid of ghosts. Also, the way you worded your post it sounds like the first idea is a suggestion to get rid of ghosts, not speed up DM. and finally, you'd rather make dm go faster rather than give the player a chance to at least stop someone from getting a win?
Well sorry about that. Scratch the first idea, and go with the 2nd and 3rd ideas.

Ecoteam

Tribute
Reaction score
Do you know how long it takes for the servers to restart? Its hard joining a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci