• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 1.8 Update - Don't hate it.

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
I haven't yet tested 1.8 out but I'm hoping it's a good update like you said.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, I do not think that MCGamer will lose many people at all. We've gotten rid of support for 1.5, 1.6, and now 1.7. In all of those, people were upset and complained; however, our player counts showed little change. After all, MCGamer has logged about 3.1 million people on at some time or another.

Also, adding on: The most popular complaint is that there will be lag. Perhaps the lag is because MCGamer is supporting both 1.7 & 1.8 right now. Once support for 1.7 is dropped, maybe it wont be so bad. I don't know, but please take this into consideration.

Reaction score
MOOCLAN IS BACK!!! anyway sorry for the joke thread. Remember 1.7 how people complained and wanted to go back to 1.6. It happens every update. When they made 1.7.4. It was fine after that. There are new GUI that I hate like the fishing rod.

Removing MCSG 1.5 support for MCSG was hated for it then people were fine.

Removing MCGamer support for 1.6 MCSG was hated for it then the fps issues were normal the 1.7 sprint was fine.

Removing 1.7 support people hate 1.8 for now. When 1.9 gets released it will be the same thing. Humans hate changes. You can't live in the past.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Love you Moo always, thank you. There are a ton of reasons that 1.8 is there and updated, because there are a ton of more options and features that help out the developers and admins, it was a good idea and I think people should just accept it, nothing really changed in pvp areas so I don't understand the threads and messages, also I think he helps FPS so if you have terrible computer 1.8 will help you a ton, it increases the RAM so you don't have to close your minecraft every 6 games for FPS lag from your mbs. I like 1.8 and they should keep it!

DarkraiM8

Career
Reaction score
I can't play Minecraft on 1.8 without lag spikes. I will get 100 fps and drop to 10 every 10 seconds or so. I know many others with this issue.
I understand there are many new features, but it is shame to see many players such as me, be forced to quit playing, due to the update.

You are right, it won't break the server, but it will lose a small section of it's community.
if you get lag spikes. remember to turn on vbo in your craft settings it helps ALOT

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
Although I don't like 1.8 PvP, there are some things we will have to consider before jumping to the conclusion that it will break MCSG. As Mooclan stated, there are many benefits to updating to 1.8. Between the new blocks, spectator mode, and barriers there are many things to look forward to for this update. If you look on the bright side of this update, you may realize that it's not all bad :).

Inevitably, there will be negatives to a massive update such as 1.8. The main complaint I seem to be hearing is that 1.8 "broke (or will break) PvP". Although I don't prefer the PvP in 1.8 to that of 1.7, I don't think it will break it entirely. Since the server and everyone who uses it will be upgrading to 1.8, we will ALL be playing with the same disadvantages. I get the impression people think their ratios and stats will become horrible all of a sudden due to the update. As I just said, everyone will be playing with the same disadvantages. When 1.7 came out, people complained about the sprint key and how it made the game easier for people who didn't know how to strafe. Maybe this update will be what we need to make the game hard again. If so, it could encourage people to develop new tactics to outwit their opponents. When you think of it that way, this update may actually look really exciting.

DarkraiM8

Career
Reaction score
Do you want to love moo lol. You are the biggest fanboy. Mooclan is cool and all but you can't say Moo and Kor create the best story have you even read lively? Don't say without reading it.
his opinion leave him alone. he can say what he wants. is there a problem with being a fanboy?

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Do you want to love moo lol. You are the biggest fanboy. Mooclan is cool and all but you can't say Moo and Kor create the best story have you even read lively? Don't say without reading it.
I'm the biggest fanboy? I've know Moo before you.... and that's my opinion on who's story, that's one reason I don't like you, enjoy the Ignore list

Reaction score
his opinion leave him alone. he can say what he wants. is there a problem with being a fanboy?
No not a problem with being a fanboy. When I say it's the best story i have read he goes Into my opinion and says Mooclan the best.

WolfEarth

Spectator
Reaction score
Mooclan seems to be becoming the new Arena Master; he has a large enough fan base on the forums that anything he says receives large amounts of support...

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Mod's please delete all the flame please...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci