• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 6th Official MCGamer Awards (Announcement + Poll)

What style of voting would you like in this edition of the MCGamer Awards? (Read thread for more)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
The 6th Official MCGamer Awards

Hello Tributes! It's been a fair bit of time since our last MCGamer Awards held back in December, which means we are closely coming up to the next instalment of the awards, exciting right? But before we do, we want to give you all an idea of what you should expect this time around and also gather some opinions for ideas on how to improve the structure of the awards before we kick off the nominations that are expected to be held early May.

Procedure

Our last awards were the Quarter Quell awards (no not the game type), in which we added a twist where we eliminated contestants round by round and you guys seemed to like that, which leads to my next question. Would you, our wonderful community, rather go back to the old method where you community members nominate the best contestants and then vote from the final five nominees, or would you rather go through the same hype-filled method we used in our last awards where, week by week, the lowest voted contestant gets eliminated until two remain for the finals?

Both work just as great, but we want to see what you want. So, how can you share your thoughts? Easy. Simply click the poll above this thread choosing "Nomination-Finals" or "Nomination-Elimination-Finals".

Categories

Some of you may be wondering what categories we have under our sleeves this time around, but unfortunately, we're not going to ruin the fun by telling you now! However, we will be having a whole bunch of new categories this time around in addition to all of the previous categories in the last awards. But we also need your help. If you have a great idea for a category (all troll ones will be deleted) then comment below and if you see a category that you like and want to be added simply click Like on the post with the category you want to see in the 6th MCGA.

Prizes

As always, we will have prizes for the winners of each category. Each winner will get a personalised 6th MCGamer Awards banner as well as a forum medal with the position they won (1st/2nd/3rd). Other prizes may be added in the future, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Forgiveness Policy

Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days. In the past we have disqualified users from the MCGamer Awards for self promotion, attacking the network and its staff, as well as other less-than-nice things. We are giving those people a chance to redeem themselves. If you were disqualified in the last MCGamer Awards or any other in the past, and you wish to redeem yourself for your actions; send me (KitMencha ) a forum PM stating in no less than 100 words, what you have done wrong, why did you do it, and why do you believe you deserve the pardon. Myself and other members of Sr. Staff will review these and contact you with a response within 1 week.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Yes!! Extremely excited, good luck to all future contestants!

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
The hype is incredibly real. Good luck to all candidates!

AustralianLynx

Experienced
Reaction score
I am extremely excited to see this installment of the awards, and what 'new talent' may be coming up. Good luck to everyone! :)

For my suggestion, I think we should be able to remember the 'fallen ones' as I should call them. I think people that have left the community, or haven't been seen for a long time should be able to get a shot at an award. I don't think making a banner would be really necessary for it though, but the forum badges could be something to keep in mind. The category I am suggesting is "Ex-forum-greats" category. This is purely revolving around past forumers, something to remember their outstanding effort and contribution to the community discussion. I think people like BitoBain, HalfSquirrel etc should be remembered for their efforts.

Purely just an idea, may be in need of some polishing!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'd love to see the QQ Method back, as well as more detailed category names.

For example, instead of "best PvPer" it would be "most skilled pvper", or instead of "best mod" we'd have "most helpful/caring/dedicated/whatever mod"

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
I'd love to see the QQ Method back, as well as more detailed category names.

For example, instead of "best PvPer" it would be "most skilled pvper", or instead of "best mod" we'd have "most helpful/caring/dedicated/whatever mod"
Good suggestions, I will think them through and get back to you about that in our staff chat :)

Froggytv

Sr. Mod | Staffing Team Trainer
Reaction score
Awesome! I can't wait to see who gets nominated! :D

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone!
Hope to win something in my first MCGamer Awards! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci