• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Advantages of the 1.8 Update (or "1.8 - Day 24 Update")

Guprehyo

Tribute
Reaction score
I personally am not too fond of 1.8 but i'll learn to adjust. Doing good devs!

GoudAlmighty

Platinum
Reaction score
Like it or not, MCGamer won't revert back to 1.7 so there isn't much achieved by complaining about it. Just try and adapt I guess.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I agree with everything written here expect the last section. The developers had to write 2.5x more code to accommodate both versions? No they didn't.

They had to account for different client versions and ensure that both systems could function simultaneously, but it's inaccurate to say that the entire system had to be written twice. Not only would that be incredibly inefficient programming, but it's likely that they wouldn't even bother supporting multiple versions at that point and they'd just pick a single version.

Last edited:

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I've really had no issues whatsoever with 1.8

The only thing I don't like is the spectating. I love the first person, especially when it comes to doing it with hackers xD, but I don't like that we can't just left click to teleport to the next person, I enjoyed that old feature.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I've really had no issues whatsoever with 1.8

The only thing I don't like is the spectating. I love the first person, especially when it comes to doing it with hackers xD, but I don't like that we can't just left click to teleport to the next person, I enjoyed that old feature.
^^^^^

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like I've always said, people who say 1.8 is a bad update are shortsighted and aren't seeing it for what it really is (especially in regards to the apparent 'ruining of PvP'). These comments have reduced in number significantly though, which shows me that after people have had no choice but to adapt to 1.8 or stop playing MCGamer as a whole, they got used to it eventually.

Isn't it great how things like that work themselves out eventually?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Thats really coool and all but the one thing i love about MCSG is the pvp and not the spectating, not the esthetics of the maps and not the special features, I come for pvp and so do most people but pvp is so broken in 1.8, I think many can agree with that. Also hacks are now worse in 1.8 being stronger than before and FPS lag spikes are really common too.
The PvP isn't "broken" you simply haven't adapted yet to the new style of PvPing. And because your old ways don't work anymore you consider it "broken". The FPS lagg is something on your own side, if you want to play lag free you'll need a somewhat decent computer.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
1.8 has improved the PvP aspect a lot! The rod is a lot more helpful now :) I get better hits with bad ping as well! It will take some time for people to get used to it, to come out of their mindset and then I can say, 1.8 is truly a hit!

Ninja_Loop

Tribute
Reaction score
t

ok, the /stats and you can't tab names is a feature! They made it that way so people can't figure out disguised players.
/echo*** (not saying the command out loud) is also a feature where if you type it and press tab all the disguised players will show up on a list.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Informative thread. Cheers, Colonel.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I personally don't like the update, I preferred 1.7. My opinion. I've stated my reasons before.
For having this opinion, people on the thread have called me ignorant, short-sighted?

I understand the post, but sometimes this community drives me mad, makes me want to leave.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't like the update, I preferred 1.7. My opinion. I've stated my reasons before.
For having this opinion, people on the thread have called me ignorant, short-sighted?

I understand the post, but sometimes this community drives me mad, makes me want to leave.
If its that bad, leave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci