• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Advantages of the 1.8 Update (or "1.8 - Day 24 Update")

ratchetnugget

Tribute
Reaction score
Did you just call JungleCorp unenjoyable to watch?

That's quite the wrong opinion you have there.
I don't even know his youtube , just saying that he shouldn't record games that he doesn't enjoy playing anymore

Ninja_Loop

Tribute
Reaction score
1) Hackers were a HUGE problem, and now there are many less of them.
2) People left from the 1.6 to 1.7 change, this is no different. The sprint key made it easier to win. And now people complain that it is even easier, even with block hitting being removed.
3) 1.7 was the best MCSG update because it was the longest.
4) Seems like most of the amazing players on MCG have stayed...
5) Switching back will never happen because the staff isn't willing to downgrade to an older version after switching to a new one. It seems like people think the staff doesn't listen, but they are called staff for a reason: they help. The majority can't always get what it wants, and that's just something we have to accept when we belong to communities.
6) 1.8 PvP isn't going to be "fixed" since it was never broken in the first place.
7) 1.8 was not a surprise, it was out for a month or two before we switched. Besides, they warned people a week or two before the switch.
8) How come you quit the game so fast? It hasn't even been a month, and you expected yourself to adapt. Since you didn't, you determined that 1.8 is broken and that people who can kill you must be pingers.
1. "many less " this is most likely not English. But I do get your message, they will come back.
2. Yes, some did. But not as many as did now, plus that this it's not just a sprint key added.
3. It wasn't really the best, but it is way better than 1.8 .
4. Let's look at persons in top 5 that quit MCSG (because of 1.8):Gravey4rd doesn't play as much, joethepro15 doesn't play as much a, Cogs (Mr_Gears) says he is a former player, I didn't see Edawg (Edog786) in quite a while. darkrai quit before the 1.8 update so..
5. "The majority" actually got the stats reset. "The majority can't always get what it wants, and that's just something we have to accept when we belong to communities." this is so wrong that words can't describe it. If not the majority decides, then who does? A game is made to be enjoyed, and many don't find 1.8 PvP fun.
6. Yes, it is. "even Huahwi has said it": crits don't seem to register. If you want proof, look at his videos.
7. That didn't actually help us at all.
8. Bcfcant, a top 15 player, says he adapted to the game but he doesn't find it fun. Actually many don't, so they quit.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
I don't even know his youtube , just saying that he shouldn't record games that he doesn't enjoy playing anymore
Where did I say I didn't enjoy playing? Tons of people love the content I put out because I'm not like every mcsg youtuber. You have your opinion and if you don't like me recording, that sucks to be you.

BlueStyledFTW

Tribute
Reaction score
Remember these are all opinions eventho im not the only one in the community who thinks about it this way :)

Les hackers - Dont think there has been any change around this, And if so this came from the new perm ban rule!

Spectate feature - hasnt got any better

New map blocks and items - MCSG or MCG is most likeley based around pvp not around the new items that can be used in 1.8

Also 1.8 PVP wich is in general were the most complainments are on hasnt got a single thing wich improved

ratchetnugget

Tribute
Reaction score
Where did I say I didn't enjoy playing? Tons of people love the content I put out because I'm not like every mcsg youtuber. You have your opinion and if you don't like me recording, that sucks to be you.
I never said I dont like you recording and if you don't play a game anymore and you 'quit ' then you don't like the game and no it doesn't suck to be me , I like being me :D

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
I never said I dont like you recording and if you don't play a game anymore and you 'quit ' then you don't like the game and no it doesn't suck to be me , I like being me :D
I didn't quit minecraft. I still like to play the game itself but I don't like playing mcsg much anymore. Doesn't mean I don't like it.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
I didn't quit minecraft. I still like to play the game itself but I don't like playing mcsg much anymore. Doesn't mean I don't like it.
That literally doesn't make any sense. You said that You don't like playing mcsg much anymore and then you said that you like it.... - _-

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
That literally doesn't make any sense. You said that You don't like playing mcsg much anymore and then you said that you like it.... - _-
Just because I don't play it as often means I hate it? Logic.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. "many less " this is most likely not English. But I do get your message, they will come back.
2. Yes, some did. But not as many as did now, plus that this it's not just a sprint key added.
3. It wasn't really the best, but it is way better than 1.8 .
4. Let's look at persons in top 5 that quit MCSG (because of 1.8):Gravey4rd doesn't play as much, joethepro15 doesn't play as much a, Cogs (Mr_Gears) says he is a former player, I didn't see Edawg (Edog786) in quite a while. darkrai quit before the 1.8 update so..
5. "The majority" actually got the stats reset. "The majority can't always get what it wants, and that's just something we have to accept when we belong to communities." this is so wrong that words can't describe it. If not the majority decides, then who does? A game is made to be enjoyed, and many don't find 1.8 PvP fun.
6. Yes, it is. "even Huahwi has said it": crits don't seem to register. If you want proof, look at his videos.
7. That didn't actually help us at all.
8. Bcfcant, a top 15 player, says he adapted to the game but he doesn't find it fun. Actually many don't, so they quit.
I understand your concern for this server, and I respect you for that. You put effort and facts into your response, which is exactly what defines a good response.

My general feeling is that if people never supported change to PvP, MCSG would be in 1.6. I feel like 1.8 brings a new mix to combat. However, I think that the update's not the problem, the NCP (no-cheat plus) is.

It seems like 1.8 PvP depends on NCP. In my opinion, Badlion on 1.7 felt awkward to fight on. Now on 1.8, it feels okay. (I'm not trying to criticize Badlion, because it's a great server and it's still pretty fun.) Now on MCSG, combos feel ridiculous. Who gets the first hit is generally who wins in melee. Jumping, as you have said, is terrible now.

So I feel like 1.8 itself hasn't changed anything except the reach. Maybe people are just complaining about the no-cheat instead, which seems like a pretty reasonable thing to complain about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci