• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Advantages of the 1.8 Update (or "1.8 - Day 24 Update")

Ninja_Loop

Tribute
Reaction score
With 1.8 pvp ping has actually been somewhat eliminated due to the fact that combos are now more random and hit distance is all over the place.
This is very true, I'm glad to see such a big player saying exactly what I thought.
They want to make improvements to their server and quite frank, it's their server and they don't really listen to the community that often when it comes to things that can make them money
Again, I agree 99%. I don't agree with the words "that often". "they don't really listen to the community" is a perfect sentence for this situation and it doesn't need anymore words.

ratchetnugget

Tribute
Reaction score
A lot of invalid points to argue about but to say that 1.8 pvp is all about luck and ping, is incorrect. With 1.8 pvp ping has actually been somewhat eliminated due to the fact that combos are now more random and hit distance is all over the place. One thing MCG hasn't told you or anyone is that they have a lot of problems that they are trying to fix. I will admit 1.8 broke a ton of pvp related aspects. I'm not sure how many people have noticed the arrow in water thing? Where basically your arrow will stop and go straight down while shooting underwater. I find this somewhat useful trying to get away from a bow spammer or something but lots of people dislike this because you can't hit an arrow while under water. As for the random combos, that just gets annoying.

MCG will never go back to 1.7 due to being a company. They want to make improvements to their server and quite frank, it's their server and they don't really listen to the community that often when it comes to things that can make them money. MCG is on 1.8 and most likely will stay on 1.8 until 1.9 comes out. We basically just have to suck it up and hate it and play. I hate 1.8 and it's a huge reason as to why I "quit" but I still play to record and I deal with all the stupid nonsense that goes on. We all have to.
I'm sorry it's your choice to go on , but a quick advise , don't do youtube on a game that you basically quit. It's kind of unenjoyable to watch. Also I have seen the arrow thingy in the water , but that thing you said about it not being as ping based anymore is wrong , it's all ping based now , I don't get combo's like ever and everyone that I know that has good ping they just get 8 hit combo's on me , and it's not like they're better than me cuz back in 1.7 I used to rekkk them.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
I'm sorry it's your choice to go on , but a quick advise , don't do youtube on a game that you basically quit. It's kind of unenjoyable to watch. Also I have seen the arrow thingy in the water , but that thing you said about it not being as ping based anymore is wrong , it's all ping based now , I don't get combo's like ever and everyone that I know that has good ping they just get 8 hit combo's on me , and it's not like they're better than me cuz back in 1.7 I used to rekkk them.
Lol using ping as an excuse is simply pathetic.

Anyway, 1.8 did change many PvP mechanics that benefits some but also hinders others; it's just something you're going to need to adapt to.

ratchetnugget

Tribute
Reaction score
Lol using ping as an excuse is simply pathetic.

Anyway, 1.8 did change many PvP mechanics that benefits some but also hinders others; it's just something you're going to need to adapt to.
No sorry it's not an excuse , it's a fact you noob <:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This doesn't help anyone , the spectating feature was fine , hackers weren't a problem cuz everyone got used to it after a while and we had the /report feature that we could use which would eventually get them banned , and the developer stuff doesn't help any of the players , 1.7 was the best update MCSG ever had going , I had a lot of fun playing it and I myself quit for the simple reason that PVP is broken , it's all luck based and ping reliant that players with bad internet can't play anymore , it's just not fun anymore.
For the sake of the amazing players on MCG , switch back , wait untill everything in 1.8 pvp is fixed , let people get used to it on their own time instead of just barging in with 'Hey here's 1.8 , go ahead and get used to it'. This is just my opinion. bai.
1) Hackers were a HUGE problem, and now there are many less of them.
2) People left from the 1.6 to 1.7 change, this is no different. The sprint key made it easier to win. And now people complain that it is even easier, even with block hitting being removed.
3) 1.7 was the best MCSG update because it was the longest.
4) Seems like most of the amazing players on MCG have stayed...
5) Switching back will never happen because the staff isn't willing to downgrade to an older version after switching to a new one. It seems like people think the staff doesn't listen, but they are called staff for a reason: they help. The majority can't always get what it wants, and that's just something we have to accept when we belong to communities.
6) 1.8 PvP isn't going to be "fixed" since it was never broken in the first place.
7) 1.8 was not a surprise, it was out for a month or two before we switched. Besides, they warned people a week or two before the switch.
8) How come you quit the game so fast? It hasn't even been a month, and you expected yourself to adapt. Since you didn't, you determined that 1.8 is broken and that people who can kill you must be pingers.
No sorry it's not an excuse , it's a fact you noob <:
He literally has the word "Experienced" under his name and you call him a noob.
Ping is an excuse, because
1) It's not really controllable unless you intentionally move closer to the host.
2) It doesn't affect reach, even Huahwi has said it. Is he a noob? Only a fool would say "yes."
I don't get combo's like ever and everyone that I know that has good ping they just get 8 hit combo's on me , and it's not like they're better than me cuz back in 1.7 I used to rekkk them.
Maybe it's because 1.8 is different than 1.7, and some PvP aspects have changed.

Admit it: you're denying the facts.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Once again, you give me no proof other than to play the game, so I don't know how I'm supposed to trust you.
You don't know how to trust someone with 10k games played and 2k wins?

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
1.8 was and will still be crap XDDD Let's all admit it, 1.8 was never made for PvP anyways (PvP was never even ment to happen, it was just discovered by the old Minecraft players) sooooooo we can't do much about it can't we? Just deal with it. I personally despise 1.8 but the only reasons I still play MCSG are clans and to get 2000 wins :p

Last edited:

ratchetnugget

Tribute
Reaction score
1) Hackers were a HUGE problem, and now there are many less of them.
2) People left from the 1.6 to 1.7 change, this is no different. The sprint key made it easier to win. And now people complain that it is even easier, even with block hitting being removed.
3) 1.7 was the best MCSG update because it was the longest.
4) Seems like most of the amazing players on MCG have stayed...
5) Switching back will never happen because the staff isn't willing to downgrade to an older version after switching to a new one. It seems like people think the staff doesn't listen, but they are called staff for a reason: they help. The majority can't always get what it wants, and that's just something we have to accept when we belong to communities.
6) 1.8 PvP isn't going to be "fixed" since it was never broken in the first place.
7) 1.8 was not a surprise, it was out for a month or two before we switched. Besides, they warned people a week or two before the switch.
8) How come you quit the game so fast? It hasn't even been a month, and you expected yourself to adapt. Since you didn't, you determined that 1.8 is broken and that people who can kill you must be pingers.

He literally has the word "Experienced" under his name and you call him a noob.
Ping is an excuse, because
1) It's not really controllable unless you intentionally move closer to the host.
2) It doesn't affect reach, even Huahwi has said it. Is he a noob? Only a fool would say "yes."

Maybe it's because 1.8 is different than 1.7, and some PvP aspects have changed.

Admit it: you're denying the facts.
It's not cuz Huahwi is a big youtuber he's not a noob , and plus it's an opinion... and no it's not easier to win games and no PvP isn't broken in 1.8 , it's just alot different and it feels broken. No sorry I don't call people that kill me pingers , I accept the fact that I die in games , and yes hackers we're a huge problem , but everyone got used to seeing them , they are just a normal and natural occurance nowadays. And sure they let us know 1-2 weeks before , but do you really think that people like my who are partly OCD would be able to make that switch easily?
This is all an opinion btw , not real facts , although they do look like facts to me.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you just call JungleCorp unenjoyable to watch?

That's quite the wrong opinion you have there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci