• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Butterfly Effect.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I truly enjoyed this read! I am fascinated by this effect, and I have found it to be very true. If you look at a massive event, such as a war, and you ask why it happened, then ask why that happened, then ask why that happened, etc... You will eventually reach something truly miniscule, such as a few words spoken to a child by his/her parent or even the beating of a butterfly's wings, of course.

I like that you applied this to the internet, as well. Many people are under the impression that once you throw out some random words to a stranger, that it just stops there since that person is very far away. However, according to the Butterfly Effect, those words you spoke will eventually come back to the place you live, and either haunt you or enhance you.

However, the longer I live, the more I come to realize that macromanagement of one's life is far more important than micromanagement. Choosing to go to the right school is far more important than whether or not you get a question right on a test. Or, in the case of Survival Games, your chest route matters far more than whether you accidentally leave some food in a chest.

It's all quite beautiful. The entirety of the world as it is today wouldn't be without a random particle billions of light years away. One particle not existing would cause others to collide differently, and when light traveled to such a group of particles, it would have a different impact, causing light to reflect back differently, which would then change the amount of energy in a star, causing temperature slight temperature differences back on Earth, which would then change wind patterns slightly, which would change wind patterns even more elsewhere. We would eventually have prevented hurricanes in some places, and caused some in others because of this.

And that, my friends, is why we can't predict weather more than two or three weeks out. :p

P.S. ViolentKitten You said you wouldn't be missed if you left. That's a lie man! I love your posts.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I truly enjoyed this read! I am fascinated by this effect, and I have found it to be very true. If you look at a massive event, such as a war, and you ask why it happened, then ask why that happened, then ask why that happened, etc... You will eventually reach something truly miniscule, such as a few words spoken to a child by his/her parent or even the beating of a butterfly's wings, of course.

I like that you applied this to the internet, as well. Many people are under the impression that once you throw out some random words to a stranger, that it just stops there since that person is very far away. However, according to the Butterfly Effect, those words you spoke will eventually come back to the place you live, and either haunt you or enhance you.

However, the longer I live, the more I come to realize that macromanagement of one's life is far more important than micromanagement. Choosing to go to the right school is far more important than whether or not you get a question right on a test. Or, in the case of Survival Games, your chest route matters far more than whether you accidentally leave some food in a chest.

It's all quite beautiful. The entirety of the world as it is today wouldn't be without a random particle billions of light years away. One particle not existing would cause others to collide differently, and when light traveled to such a group of particles, it would have a different impact, causing light to reflect back differently, which would then change the amount of energy in a star, causing temperature slight temperature differences back on Earth, which would then change wind patterns slightly, which would change wind patterns even more elsewhere. We would eventually have prevented hurricanes in some places, and caused some in others because of this.

And that, my friends, is why we can't predict weather more than two or three weeks out. :p

P.S. ViolentKitten You said you wouldn't be missed if you left. That's a lie man! I love your posts.
I really just noticed this post now, and its brilliant c: Life is exactly the way it is at the moment because it has followed a set path of events, from massive events like world wars and even particle-related events and such. The amount of paths that we could have gone on as a species and even on a subatomic level (particle/world related things) is astronomical and I often find myself contemplating that.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
If you want to see the butterfly effect in action in a horribly cheesy and underdeveloped way, make sure to watch "Project Almanac".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci