• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The CA Situation

Would you like to see the CA servers come back

• Total voters

DoY0uEvenStrafe

Diamond
Reaction score
So my name is Matthew and i have been meaning to make this thread for a while. Myself being a ca player (well when it was a thing) was very sad to see it go. The CA servers were the ideal place to play for north eastern U.S and Canadian players, As the majority of the players got extremely good connection (which is ideal for play). With the CA servers gone all those players including myself now have to connect to a server hosted on the other side of the country. This is a problem due to the fact that almost all CA players got a 5 bar and are now lucky to get a 5 bar. Another reason that this is a problem is that most of the CA players got below 50ms and how have to play with double that. This may not seem like a big problem but for a lot of players on CA they got on average 20-30ms, having to go from extremely good ping to triple that in a day and having to completely change the way you play was and still is extremely hard to do. Also for the new players coming on the servers from Canada, having the option to play on a server hosted closer to home with make a very good impression on them. What badlion is doing with NAW and NA is making the players like there community a lot more, having a server for each side of the country shows that -snip- cares about there community (not to say that MCG doesnt.) CA was never a waste of money though many people probably thought it was, by bringing it back it will add a new generation of players that are willing to pay money and stick with the servers.

This is something that is really important to me and a lot of old CA players. I know there was not a lot of staff members on CA but the staff team has grown since then i know of some staff members that would moderate the CA servers.

Thanks for reading and make sure to vote on the poll
- Strafe

Last edited by a moderator:

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
It is possible although there would have to be more players donating in the region. Although I live in Canada, I have better connection to the US servers then I used to have to the CA servers. However this was due to the fact that I live in western Canada not the east. Good thread though.

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't tell you how happy I'd be to see the CA servers come back. I'm in the same boat as you living in Eastern North America. I hope to see some support towards CA here in hopes of bringing back the thing that kept me playing this server back in the day before I was fully dedicated. I feel as though you have said what others have been thinking for quite some time.

JustKlaw

Diamond
Reaction score
My US ping is really bad so it would be nice to see CA come back where I can get around 50 ping.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Bringing back CA servers is a bad idea. Bringing them back as West Coast and East Coast better idea. CA went down because not enough East Coast players realized that they would have better ping on the CA server when they were a US player. It seems logical to think that you would have better ping on US server if you are from the US.

Whether it is good for the NA community to be split into two is up for debate.

Last edited:

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As someone who gets 140ms on the US server, and got 60ms on the CA servers I would love it(and might actually play XD) but is it logical for MCGamer to bring it back? No, not at the moment. They have better things to focus on.

Drake

Career
Reaction score
hell yeah bring CA servers back and that'll bring me back :);)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci