• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The CA Situation

Would you like to see the CA servers come back

• Total voters

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Bringing back CA servers is a bad idea. Bringing them back as West Coast and East Coast better idea. CA went down because not enough East Coast players realized that they would have better ping on the CA server when they were a US player. It seems logical to think that you would have better ping on US server if you are from the US.

Whether it is good for the NA community to be split into two is up for debate.
I mean, the entire MCGamer community is already split (US, EU, AU), it's more US and AU vs. EU because the cultures are different. So yes adding more locations are making MCG a platform instead of a server.
As someone who gets 140ms on the US server, and got 60ms on the CA servers I would love it(and might actually play XD) but is it logical for MCGamer to bring it back? No, not at the moment. They have better things to focus on.
This is totally true, they need to fix the problems first before they can extend, otherwise there's no point of giving people a broken game.
Or you could always centralize the US servers. There were talks around a year ago about transferring the servers to Dallas from Arizona. It never materialized.
This should happen, because NA in general should be a good combination of community without splitting communities.

I think that following this rule…

NA (American Great Plains)
SA (Panama or Argentina/Chile, the most developed in Latin America)
AU (Southeastern AU)
AS (Japan/China/Taiwan, Japan)
EU (EU and Russia are complicated b/c there are so many cultural differences, and yet placed in Austria/Czech Republic it would be like placing an NA server in the Great Plains)

AF and Russia don't have enough players for their own places.

These placements are based on cultural differences that can be separated and still not count separating the community because they are already separated.

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
So my name is Matthew and i have been meaning to make this thread for a while. Myself being a ca player (well when it was a thing) was very sad to see it go. The CA servers were the ideal place to play for north eastern U.S and Canadian players, As the majority of the players got extremely good connection (which is ideal for play). With the CA servers gone all those players including myself now have to connect to a server hosted on the other side of the country. This is a problem due to the fact that almost all CA players got a 5 bar and are now lucky to get a 5 bar. Another reason that this is a problem is that most of the CA players got below 50ms and how have to play with double that. This may not seem like a big problem but for a lot of players on CA they got on average 20-30ms, having to go from extremely good ping to triple that in a day and having to completely change the way you play was and still is extremely hard to do. Also for the new players coming on the servers from Canada, having the option to play on a server hosted closer to home with make a very good impression on them. What badlion is doing with NAW and NA is making the players like there community a lot more, having a server for each side of the country shows that -snip- cares about there community (not to say that MCG doesnt.) CA was never a waste of money though many people probably thought it was, by bringing it back it will add a new generation of players that are willing to pay money and stick with the servers.

This is something that is really important to me and a lot of old CA players. I know there was not a lot of staff members on CA but the staff team has grown since then i know of some staff members that would moderate the CA servers.

Thanks for reading and make sure to vote on the poll
- Strafe
I'm willing to do it.

GamesToJump

Spectator
Reaction score
I mean if you've noticed most east coast mcsg players are now on badlion players... as its kinda not fun to play with lag

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, Narwhal pretty much summed it up from the business/logical side, but there's also something else to consider.

I love somewhat close to the CA host, and got a steady 30 ping to the CA servers, however I also get around 80 ping to US. Between the two servers, I hardly ever noticed a difference because both 30 and 80 are still in the two highest pingzones.

Understandably there are people who live easternmore than I, however even 110 ping is playable, and those with 110-120 ping to US from Eastern North America should also get good ping to EU.

Either way, as long as you live somewhere in the US, Canada, or even most of México, you should not be worrying about connection to the servers based on location. Trust me.

All of us in North America at least have playable ping. I know plenty of people in Asia who have over 150-200 ping to every region, or even more and could benefit from a location reimplemented out there if we could fund it.

Do I, as a player, miss CA? Of course! It was fun, games were smaller and usually more competitive but toward the end of its time it was really dry and empty and not very well used or supported, which evidently led to the decision to remove it unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci