• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Current Community and How To Improve It...

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
Yep, I get you, teaming has grown to be a problem in the community. Teaming is apart of the game as well, however, we are taking an approach on this teaming issue. The staff team is currently discussing teaming issues and ways on how to solve it, however, my guess is that we won't create solo and teaming servers. We are trying our best to create a solution towards this and we will keep you guys updated in the following weeks or so, but since teaming is a huge problem, almost every solution will have many flaws therefore it might be some time that we find a solution that satisfies the majority of players :)[/QUOTE]

What is there to lose with solo and team queues, if people want to have fun and team with their friends they can do so, and people who find it fun to play solo can do that.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
We have about 100 staff members in our staff team right now and currently growing. We're always looking for more staff but we can't lower our expectations of them or else they could grow to be a corrupt mod. That "bad side" of MCGamer Staff is probably because the evidence for the ban was not enough or for the mute, they did not get warned by a staff member. Either that or they weren't breaking any rules in our eyes.

Yep, I get you, teaming has grown to be a problem in the community. Teaming is apart of the game as well, however, we are taking an approach on this teaming issue. The staff team is currently discussing teaming issues and ways on how to solve it, however, my guess is that we won't create solo and teaming servers. We are trying our best to create a solution towards this and we will keep you guys updated in the following weeks or so, but since teaming is a huge problem, almost every solution will have many flaws therefore it might be some time that we find a solution that satisfies the majority of players :)
you guys were taking an approach in novemeber and discussing teaming issues back then too...it's been 7 months and still no word on the poll chad did about solo vs team servers

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
I liked the thread, but something in there I wanted to address.

"Some issues can easily be resolved, for an example, teaming. I think that if we had strict teaming rules, the community would enjoy playing more without dealing with as much stress and rage would be concealed in a better manner where it wouldn't start as much flame."

1. Teaming is not a problem. It's part of the game. Friends play games with eachother, so there will always be teams.

2. There probably wont be strict rules about teaming, considering its one of the nono suggestions for the server to suggest taking out teaming completely. Now I know that that's not what you were trying to say, but it was seeming to head along that path.

3. Why should MCGamer have to make changes to their server (being strict on teaming, making solo only servers,..) to compensate for poor characteristics of the community. I've seen numerous times on twitter, some of the "popular" sg players tweeting screenshots of stuff such as a broken headset, or a hole in a wall, with captions like, "got mad at mcsg again". I don't see why MCGamer should reward the community with an amazing gametype that I'm sure a solo sg would be, if they're gonna act like that to other players and other teams.

Keep in mind, these are solely my own opinions. I know some of the things I say can or are hypocritcal or an unpopular view of the community, but it's just what I think. Not meant to cause more drama.​
REKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SOLO SERVERS ARE COMING Bunny Lover

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
eh, im still excited for solo sg, but i didnt see the need for it :/
If you played the game a lot you would.

There is minimum of a 3 team, and 3-4 2 teams per game nowadays.

It used to be MAYBE 1 or 2 2 teams, very very rarely 3 team (every 10-20 games)

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
If you played the game a lot you would.

There is minimum of a 3 team, and 3-4 2 teams per game nowadays.

It used to be MAYBE 1 or 2 2 teams, very very rarely 3 team (every 10-20 games)
I do play, but as someone who likes to play solo and play with friends, I sorta see where both sides are coming from. Nonetheless, I think Solo SG will be a good thing,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci