• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Deception Games! (Community Event)

Do you want an extra week to apply? (if yes votes are over 50% we will extend applying by a week)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score

Hey Guys! Ninetailefox92 here after my long absence I am happy to be able to announce this Event!

Please dont apply! Tributes have been chosen!

Games are Saturday 9pm GMT/4pm EST with Chad Livestreaming so you can watch!

For the new map I have been working on with two others I wanted something special rather than a standard test games, when I originally joined the community almost two years ago the big things that got me excited were community events such as Hell games, but sadly they seem to rarely occur anymore and since hell games 9 and 10 didn't happen there has been an unfilled void.

So we decided we would host a new Event called The Deception Games, this isn't just another tournament event though, it will be much more, the key to winning the Deception Games lies in Treachery and Betrayal, only one can win but picking your allies wisely may lead you to victory. The Grand Prize for the Deception Games will start at a total prize pool of $50, although this may not be the final prize of the event, we will open the Deception Games to Backers which will be explained later and can increase the total prize pool of the event.

In the Deception Games you will be rewarded for betrayal, for a 20% reduction of the prize pool in the event you win, you can sell out a team mate to the overseers which will result in them being heavily disadvantaged (what will happen to them will not be disclosed) to be eligible to sell someone out, you must have been previously observed by an overseer working in a team till you at least fight one other player together, if it is unclear you are teamed, they will not be eligible to be sold out by you. Also you cannot use this betrayal if you are the last 2 players alive. (Note- a 20% reduction may seem like a large amount, but if it secures your victory by using it at the right point in the game, it will be worth it)

Before the Deception Games begin, all tributes will be gathered and given time to work out alliances, each tribute will be given 10 unique blocks (for instance one user may have red wool, this will indicate it is their block and all the other tributes will have a different block type) these blocks are each worth 10% of the total prize if you win, you can trade these blocks with another player to buy their allegiance. For example. Say tribute 1 gives tribute 3 a total of 4 blocks to buy their allegiance, in the event that tribute 1 wins, each of his assigned blocks will be worth 10% of the prize pool, so tribute 1 would get 60% of the prize pool and tribute 3 would get 40% of the prize pool. These block trades can be used to solidify an alliance as for instance if a team traded 5 blocks each to each other, it would lessen the reasoning to betray as even if you are betrayed you still get 50% of the total prize pool. All trades will be enacted in a private room from the other tributes with an Overseer to validate the trade. Choose your alliances wisely. Honesty cannot be bought. Betrayal can.

Here is a breakdown of the elements of the Deception Games:

Map:

The Map is a map which has been built with two other builders which we will be posting for MCGamer, we will not release any details of the map prior to the main event, so none of the players have an advantage during the game. Anyone who see's the map in any way before the game occurs will be disqualified.

Overseers:

We will choose a group of "overseers" to watch over the games, the overseers can have no physical input into the game and are purely there to make sure players do not breach any of the rules and to solve any disputes players have (for instance if someone thought someone was hacking an overseer will have watched it)

Fighting by Proxy:

If for some reason a tribute cannot attend the Deception Games, they may choose another player to be their proxy player, this player will become the tribute in their stead, but the prize will go towards the original tribute (it is up to the original tribute to give the proxy a part of the prize upon their discretion). It is completely within the rules to use the Proxy system to make it more likely to become a tribute, for instance you could get two friends to also apply to the Deception Games who don't want to play and in the event you do not become a tribute but they manage to get voted high enough, you could play as their proxy player.

Rules:

1/
No Hacking Clients

2/Attempts to Ddoss other players will not be tolerated

3/No Bullying of other players in the games

4/Do not attempt to Rig the results of the Voting for tributes

5/Do not block glitch

6/Do not escape the map in any way

7/Do not exploit any glitches found

8/Follow Overseers instructions at all times

Backers:

If you wish to help support the event you can add a donation to the prize pool, for instance we have started the prize pool at $50, if 5 people donated $10 then the prize pool would rise to a total of $100, so there is more to play for, making the game more interesting. What do you get for being a backer? After the event we will leave the map open for the backers to fully explore for an hour, so you will get the first chance to find all the best chests and develop the best chest route. Also if you intend to apply for the second Deception Games, being a backer of the first Deception Games will mean your votes in the voting stage will be tripled, making the chances to be in the second Deception Games, incredibly higher. If you want to become a backer send Ninetailefox92 a pm on the forums and we can sort it out.

Any Questions? Feel free to send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible

-Awesome graphics by TF1xHD (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrA1WR-oC4Av46PIwQEfzUQ)-

Tributes:
District 1: ImTheNarwhal
District 1: ProfessorRetro
District 2: TheOnlyChanse / Motteron proxy for chanse
District 2: thingy182
District 3: TheBaconatorTV
District 3: soggypickle
District 4: Giggity69Goo / Azorces proxy for Giggity
District 4: ShrekMC
District 5: DatPikachu
District 5: JumpingBacon / Mooclan proxy for Bacon
District 6: Zeno
District 6: @ianlynch145236987
District 7: SertifiedBlocks
District 7: SC_Swag
District 8: OhFancy
District 8: ToeHair45
District 9: Fireblare
District 9: ChargedPVP
District 10: Isaacswag
District 10: ViolentKitten
District 11: Harris|DareDevilMan1
District 11: GetArcanined
District 12: Waffles
District 12: Sepyz

Last edited:

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: blazerboy123

Reason for applying: seems like fun, i'm pretty good at lying

Why will you win?: i probably won't but i'll put up a good fight to make sure no one else does either.

Why should others ally with you?: they shouldn't

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: yup, i'll get a friend

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: absolutely

Reaction score
Minecraft IGN:
goldlab
Reason for applying:
This looks soooper cool, ive never been in a community even and I want to bad
Why will you win?:cos I will be a ninja and hide and cleanup (jokin :p)

Why should others ally with you?:cos im batman at this stoof and im really cool and bad at sg and grammar

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?:yep, ive got a bunch of friends who are active and will do it for me

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?:Yeh

Reaction score
Another great event ^.^ It was pretty boring without hell games...

In the Deception Games you will be rewarded for betrayal, for a 20% reduction of the prize pool in the event you win you can sell out a team mate to the overseers which will result in them being heavily disadvantaged (what will happen to them will not be disclosed) to be eligible to sell someone out, you must have been previously observed by an overseer working in a team till you at least fight one other player together, if it is unclear you are teamed, they will not be eligible to be sold out by you. Also you cannot use this betrayal if you are the last 2 players alive. (Note- a 20% reduction may seem like a large amount, but if it secures your victory by using it at the right point in the game, it will be worth it)
I don't really understand that part (or basically 90% of it xD). Could someone help me?

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Application for Deception Games:

Minecraft IGN: Chris_Bro1998

Reason for applying: I always enjoy community events :3

Why will you win?: With skill and strategy.

Why should others ally with you?: I make friends easily.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes.

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes.

Last edited:

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Another great event ^.^ It was pretty boring without hell games...

I don't really understand that part (or basically 90% of it xD). Could someone help me?
ok I will try and simplify it xD, there are 3 stages in the event, Applying/Voting/Main event

1/ You can apply on this thread

2/ Once the deadline is hit, there will be a poll where you can get people to vote for you to become a tribute

3/The main event will start in a lobby where you are all given 10 blocks, you can trade these blocks with the other tributes to make teams and solidify trust as each block is worth 10% of the prize if you win (each player has a different block type) so if your block was stonebrick, and you won, anyone who has a stonebrick block gets 10% of the prize for each block they have.

Once this has been traded, we move onto the main event which is the SG Game, The map isnt revealed until the event and there are only tier 2 chests at corn, during the match you can betray your teammates to the overseers which means they are severely disadvantaged, to give you an edge in winning

(that clear it up a bit)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: zenoCrafter

Reason for applying: MONEY! Plus it seems like a fun event :p

Why will you win?: Everyone else will be kind enough to give me the win :)

Why should others ally with you?: I'm a kind, friendly guy who you can trust and won't betray people :)

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: soggypickle

Reason for applying: This event looks like tons of fun, and I participated in a few Hell Games before as well. I can betray like no other. ;)

Why will you win?: I'm an old school player with good PvP skills, and know a few handy little tricks. I love using the terrain in a fight to my advantage. I won't go down without a fight!

Why should others ally with you?: I'm good with team fights, and working out team strategies, such as how to surround an individual and other directional commands.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes, I've got a few people in mind if I'm not able to make it, however, I should be able to. :p

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Ya!

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Tyler773

Reason for applying: Seems like a fun event that I would like to be a part of :)

Why will you win?: Because i'm a heartless Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad. :3

Why should others ally with you?: Because they know that I will protect them until I get bored of them.

In the event that you cannot attend will you find a player to stand as your proxy?: Yes.

Do you agree to all of our terms and Rules?: Yes, I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci