• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Edge [40% complete]

Do you like this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miyner49er

Spectator
Reaction score
My name is miyner49er and I am currently building an MCSG map that will hopefully be accepted onto the servers
The map is called The Edge
Radius: 260 blocks
biome: Mountain Madness
estimated completion: 40% (updated regularly)
estimated completion date: March/April 2015
planned structures: (may change in order to complete in time)
(All crossed out structures are completed)

• A castle
  • two villages
  • Puff the magic dragon
  • Club
  • water dam
  • cave city
  • various famous world monuments
  • Arena
  • Reference Island
  • underground black market (in sewer)
  • Sewer
  • the Kraken
  • multiple references to videogames and tv shows/movies throughout the map
  • the white house
  • a Chuck Norris shrine
  • steampunk style airship
  • a mental hospital
  • water wheel
  • Cathedral
It will be EPIC!
I hope you like it.
so keep calm and let the games begin.
Pictures follow: (will be updated if structures are changed/removed)

The map: (as of 22/1/15)

Cornucopia:

one of the bridges:

arena:
BaSTgwU.jpg

Castle/Fortress:

The water wheel:

Steampunk style bridge: (makes top level of the map circular, i.e no dead ends)

Chuck Norris Shrine/Temple:

Updates:
terraforming map began - 25/1/15

Credits:
Head Builder: Miyner49er
Helpers:
Jamesdan2020
Samtheunicorn001
Metalman2000

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
really bad, hate it
...dude, people have feelings. No need to be so rough on him.

Well, IMO it looks pretty good so-far. Make sure to put lots of structures and buildings, don't make the terrain completely vanilla.

You seem to be a good builder, some of those builds looked great, but you need to remember what the community wants.

They want custom terrain that's beautiful, beautiful builds, great PvP areas, and an overall great experience. Think about these things when you build a map, good luck! <3

Fighterfax

Platinum
Reaction score
I did mean it like that. it really looks like an ok map but does need a lot of progress

UnspecifiedMC

Tribute
Reaction score
...dude, people have feelings. No need to be so rough on him.

Well, IMO it looks pretty good so-far. Make sure to put lots of structures and buildings, don't make the terrain completely vanilla.

You seem to be a good builder, some of those builds looked great, but you need to remember what the community wants.

They want custom terrain that's beautiful, beautiful builds, great PvP areas, and an overall great experience. Think about these things when you build a map, good luck! <3
Not all people in the community want that you know o_O

miyner49er

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks Bamber, there will definitely be more structure to come as I have said, the map is only 10-20% completed. the ground level will be terraformed and we are trying to add some things currently to 'spice up' the gameplay.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So you are terraforming this and building this yourself? If you are then cudos to you sir!

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Well... I don't like the huge elevation thing. I mean if all that is custom terrain it certainly is impressive but, not all impressive things are good for pvp. What if someone fell down into the water? They're pretty much stuck there for the rest of the game aren't they?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So far it looks pretty amazing! I would love to see the finished project, and it is pretty rare having an extreme hills map within the MCGamer network, so I would love to see what else you come up with during your time in building, good luck! :)

miyner49er

Spectator
Reaction score
Well... I don't like the huge elevation thing. I mean if all that is custom terrain it certainly is impressive but, not all impressive things are good for pvp. What if someone fell down into the water? They're pretty much stuck there for the rest of the game aren't they?
There are leaves in the pools at the ground level so you will just break them, the pools are also only one block deep.
thanks for the input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci