• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v3

Sabit

District 13
Reaction score
It depends how you are raised by your family, although there is no proof that God exists I still believe in God.

Addo

Diamond
Reaction score
So
I was born into a Catholic family, baptized and had my communion.
And now I'm attending a catholic school, but I can't yet say that I have the faith needed to be truly catholic. Indecisive. XD

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
So
I was born into a Catholic family, baptized and had my communion.
And now I'm attending a catholic school, but I can't yet say that I have the faith needed to be truly catholic. Indecisive. XD
I feel bad u go to a catholic school I had to go there for camp one year when I was 8 and I cried because it was weird af learning about Jesus everyday and singing songs about Jesus

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I kind of already discussed this on the other thread, but I think my view has changed a bit.

God has always been a comfort for what there is, science has always been a comfort to understand as well, but in the end, what's it all worth? I mean they're both heavy topics that don't necessarily need to be entirely fleshed out front to back to get through life and be happy. You take God and science as what experience tells you to, it's just how perspectives of people work, and no evidence can take that apart.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I find it extremely difficult to believe in any god with the kind of horrible things that exist in our world. There's also a couple of things that I can't accept about any god in general.

First off, how did a so-called "God" come to be and get it's power. At one point in all of existence there had to be absolutely nothing, not even a god. Even then, who gave this god the power to create planets and life?

Another point worth mentioning is that there is a limit to the power a god may have, which would mean they aren't all powerful. My favorite paradox is "if God can do anything, can he microwave a burrito so hot that he can't eat it". Well, if he's all powerful, he should be able to but then that means that he can't eat the burrito.

To be completely honest, I don't think humans will ever know how the creation of all existence ever came to be. Life is just all a mystery.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
If you ever want to get me to believe in a "god", you're going to have to give me evidence other than your holy book. When I was young, I would ask myself all the time if there was a god or not and eventually I just decided it wasn't something I wanted to think about. So technically I neither believe in a god nor don't believe; it's either one or the other and we most likely won't ever find out for a long time. People at my school ask me how I can't believe in something, and I just tell them I simply just don't think about it.

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
(Repost from the previous debate thread, I got it locked as I didn't notice it was old)
I was answering bobboy's(I think that's who it is) post stating that the Big Bang disproves God's existence.
--

Actually false.
Big Bang proves nothing at all against God.
What I was taught in Science back in 8th Grade about the Big Bang, is that all of a sudden a HUGE explosion happened, which created everything. Time, Gravity, the Universe etc.
This HUGE explosion, is obviously a HUGE flash of light, in which is what is described as the creation of the Universe in the Bible.

Things state originally the Universe was a Cloud of dust
However if the Big Bang created everything, then this cloud literally could not have existed, unless of course it is Heaven.

Regardless, If nothing existed, then the only possible explanation for the Big Bang, and creation of our Universe, would be a God who has always existed, and was never created, and will never been destroyed.

Pretty simple.
And those who state Christians, or those who believe in a God, ignore what Atheists say.
Is partial true, however we don't block what you say.
I personally still consider it, however it doesn't sway my mind.
However I am pretty sure Ceroria (an example for now) didn't get mad at anyone for not getting his point, or call anyone stupid, which most Atheists typically call Christians stupid.

Also, Regarding was Braden stated earlier:
Obviously, God is stated to have always existed, so if he has always existed, he has never not existed.

Also, It's stated in the Bible, God wants Free-Will.
Mainly why we are having this discussion currently. God wants people to have the CHOICE to believe in him, as if he spent all this time creating a Universe with people, plants, and animals etc. Just to force everyone into what he wants? How is that "Fun" in a sense.

Its like this:
If your spectating an MCSG Game.
You want action, and to watch something interesting. However if you can control the game, and force everyone to do certain things, how is the interesting and fun to watch?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci