• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v3

John

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean someone or least something had have to create all this stuff we have on planet Earth (And yes i do believe in god)

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
I mean someone or least something had have to create all this stuff we have on planet Earth (And yes i do believe in god)
Exactly
Bases Physics states that for every action, there is an opposite reaction.
So if the reaction is the big bang, and creation of everything pretty much.
Then, I am pretty sure God is the only possible answer to have caused it.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Also, Regarding was Braden stated earlier:
Obviously, God is stated to have always existed, so if he has always existed, he has never not existed.
Well my main point of that was how did God come to be? Everything needs to be created by something. Humans are created by humans (biologically speaking, not taking religion into account), car parts are created by machines, etc. Who created God? There had to be absolutely nothing before God was created and that's my main point. I'm not trying to bring the Bible into it or anything, I'm just saying that realistically something needed to create God.

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Well my main point of that was how did God come to be? Everything needs to be created by something. Humans are created by humans (biologically speaking, not taking religion into account), car parts are created by machines, etc. Who created God? There had to be absolutely nothing before God was created and that's my main point. I'm not trying to bring the Bible into it or anything, I'm just saying that realistically something needed to create God.
Not exactly.
Do you see people walking around with Godly powers?
Nope.

Thats because God isn't necessarily a Human Being.
I know you stated without bringing the Bible into this, however it states in the Bible that all men are created equal in God's Vision.

I will agree with you in one stance:
If there is indeed a God (in which I believe there is) then I will agree with everyone here, that NO ONE, on the earth today, and prove the existence of a God beyond a shadow of a doubt.
However, just because you cannot see something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

Honestly, No one here, will know if there truly, is a God, and be able to prove it to everyone on Earth, until you die.

If you die, and BOOM; thats it.
Well
No one will ever know.

However, if you are wrong, and God exists...then you will be standing at the Gates on Heaven thinking "Oops..."

If you are not willing to believe in the existence of a God, then why are you here? Everything you do here is 100% pointless. Having family is 100% pointless. This conversation is 100% pointless.
Because when you die, its all gone
You are all gone.
Is that really what you believe in?
Is that really what you *want* to believe in?

God offers eternal life.
You die, and go to Heaven, and spend forever with him.
You get to watch your kids' kid's grow up.
You get to see the world evolve.

Now
Consider everything here.

---
Now, Lets say there is no God.
I just wasted about 5-10 minutes of my already pretty pointless life(since its all for nothing) typing this huge message.
Congrats to me!

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Not exactly.
Do you see people walking around with Godly powers?
Nope.

Thats because God isn't necessarily a Human Being.
I know you stated without bringing the Bible into this, however it states in the Bible that all men are created equal in God's Vision.

I will agree with you in one stance:
If there is indeed a God (in which I believe there is) then I will agree with everyone here, that NO ONE, on the earth today, and prove the existence of a God beyond a shadow of a doubt.
However, just because you cannot see something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

Honestly, No one here, will know if there truly, is a God, and be able to prove it to everyone on Earth, until you die.

If you die, and BOOM; thats it.
Well
No one will ever know.

However, if you are wrong, and God exists...then you will be standing at the Gates on Heaven thinking "Oops..."

If you are not willing to believe in the existence of a God, then why are you here? Everything you do here is 100% pointless. Having family is 100% pointless. This conversation is 100% pointless.
Because when you die, its all gone
You are all gone.
Is that really what you believe in?
Is that really what you *want* to believe in?

God offers eternal life.
You die, and go to Heaven, and spend forever with him.
You get to watch your kids' kid's grow up.
You get to see the world evolve.

Now
Consider everything here.

---
Now, Lets say there is no God.
I just wasted about 5-10 minutes of my already pretty pointless life(since its all for nothing) typing this huge message.
Congrats to me!
Personally, I believe that life is about living life. I don't think it's necessarily about living to get to an afterlife.

I don't know. My points were mainly just my struggles with blindly accepting a God. For all we know, the Bible could (emphasis on could, I'm not trying to offend here) be all completely fake. After all, it was written by humans that claim to be divinely inspired, whether that's true or not is not my point. I wish I could accept a God because it'd bring a lot of my anxieties some rest but I simply can't. :/

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Personally, I believe that life is about living life. I don't think it's necessarily about living to get to an afterlife.

I don't know. My points were mainly just my struggles with blindly accepting a God. For all we know, the Bible could (emphasis on could, I'm not trying to offend here) be all completely fake. After all, it was written by humans that claim to be divinely inspired, whether that's true or not is not my point. I wish I could accept a God because it'd bring a lot of my anxieties some rest but I simply can't. :/
I get what your saying.
I'll go out on a limb here, and say you probably were raised believing that God does not exist.
Which in terms, lets say you rule God out.
You raise a family of your own.
You teach them to follow your ways as well.
Then, you die(we all do), and you are both pleased, but also not pleased to find out God does exist.
So your basically stuck knowing
Your family will continue life the wrong way.
--
Apologies
That sounded harsh xD
--

Also, the Bible was written at hand of those who followed Jesus.
--
However, If you believe that there was during that time period, a man named Jesus.
How would you guess someone randomly selected him as a person to write about in a book (if the Bible is false)
Also, how does one write about these things in such detail?
Also, People back then had a lot to do.
They had to get food, and water, and resources etc.
I don't think they could have had spare time to write an entire religious book(if they had to make it up), make everyone believe it, and then have it passed down through millions of generations, having us here centuries later, still believe it

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I get what your saying.
I'll go out on a limb here, and say you probably were raised believing that God does not exist.
Both my parents are actually catholic, my grandparents volunteer the majority of their time to their non-denominational church, and the majority of my family is Christian and I was raised Christian. I just struggled with accepting it until the point where I just couldn't anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Both my parents are actually catholic, my grandparents volunteer the majority of their time to their non-denominational church, and the majority of my family is Christian and I was raised Christian. I just struggled with accepting it until the point where I just couldn't anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can tell you want to believe, but just can't.
Sorry to say
I cannot say a magical phrase to make you realize everything and believe.

If you want to believe
Then believe.
You have up until you breathe your last breath, to believe.
After that.
If you have denied God.
You will be denied eternal life.
---
If God exists ;) - gotta keep it fair :p

Mitch

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally, I'm open minded although I do believe in God. I like to think of it like this. We don't really see gravity, but we know it's there due to scientific evidence. With God we don't really see him, but " I think " he's there, due to the old artifacts that match up with the bible's writings.

MicrosoftSam

Tribute
Reaction score
Personally, I'm open minded although I do believe in God. I like to think of it like this. We don't really see gravity, but we know it's there due to scientific evidence. With God we don't really see him, but " I think " he's there, due to the old artifacts that match up with the bible's writings.
Why only the bible? That can't be the "only" reason in believing god.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci