• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixel

Experienced
Reaction score
Once in a while I feel that it is important to engage everyone's intellectual opinions on a controversial subject. We all have the ability to express our opinions without starting a flame war. Please explain your standpoint below. Enjoy! :)

pixel

Experienced
Reaction score
Do I smell a repost?
Also, I will be heavily watching this thread, any sign of flame will be removed.
I believe I posted something like this a long time ago. Nothing recent.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i thought religious subjects weren't allowed...?

my standpoint is that religion does seem interesting, only because i feel as though having something to believe in would give me new hope and something to lean on when i'm not doing well. otherwise i wouldn't say that i don't believe in one, but its more like a "don't really care" opinion/approach. i don't think i have time to believe or pray and i don't have time to go out and spread the word and i don't have time nor do i care enough to go tell people about how science is the #1 thing and that religion is bullcrap, because anything that gives people spirit and hope and gives them something to lean on isn't bullcrap.

my father is an atheist and an atheism activist (albeit not a huge one), and when i asked him what the term for someone like me who doesn't really care about religion or non-religion was, he said "non-theist", so i guess that's what i am. luckily i'm smart enough to not be sucked into a world full of religion or non-religion, and i'm keeping my options open. i think religion is something i'd definitely consider if someone very important in my life was a firm believer in it or really cared about it, and if i cared about them that much then i'd probably approach the subject somehow.

Reaction score
This is a repost. Alrighty, now to list my opinion. I am a Christian. Do you want to know why? Heres why. I just look at the beauty of the world. Like Trees, flowers. Stuff thats beautiful. And I wonder, how could that just happen? Just a big boom and that stuff appears? It does not make sense to me. Yes, there is ugly stuff in the world. Of course there's going to be. That's because of sin. Everybody sins, everyone has. Except Jesus, who died for all of our sins. I believe if you give your heart to God and follow him you will become a Christian.

Btw God does not hate gay people. A lot of people say so. I don't hate them either. I have gay friends, I think they're awesome. God wants to love everyone no matter what. Which is hard for me to do sometimes. Not with just gay people but normal people and Christians.

Christians are not perfect. At All. We make mistakes. Everyone does. But God forgives.

Sorry for all the short sentences. XD But that's what I believe and its my opinion. You can have yours and I can have mine.

EDIT: 12/9/14: While looking through this thread I noticed that one person took my words wrong. Let me repeat this. God does not hate gay people. BUT, He says in the Bible that only man and women are meant to be together. God loves people, but He hates sin. Just because a person lives in sin doesn't mean that he hates them. I believe that being gay is a sin. But just because I think it's a sin doesn't mean I don't like the person. Hate the sin, not the person. I'll try an example with another sin, lets say I have a friend named Bob, I love the dude he's one of my best friends. But he steals from other people. Stealing is a sin. Should I hate Bob for stealing stuff from people? No! What should I do to Bob? Be his friend! Be a good example around him. I hope you guys understand what i'm saying.

Last edited:

pixel

Experienced
Reaction score
how did everything get here if there was no god?

look up people who have died but came back to life before and listen to their stories, I gurantee you you're religion will change

espically girl who was kayaking with son who died in 20's look it up
Personally, I choose not to believe in that stuff.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
Nothing in the rules about it. The only rule that this thread may infringe is keeping the topics PG-13.
8. Do not start argue/flame wars: We want to keep the community peaceful; a place where people are free to have opinions and discuss things. Arguments ruin discussions and are unnecessary.
  • Controversial topics that may incite harassment, flame wars, or hate crimes are not allowed. This includes discussion of religion and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci