• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Hub System?

Do you think we should have a hub system?

• Total voters

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I was never very fond of The Hive hub, it's part of the reason i play MCSG. We don't need a hub, nor will we ever.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hub: Definately a no-no. Attention to Zedchase: Yeah!

xNeji8Palm

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont think it could even work unless all the games are hosted on the same server since i dont think you can travel from one server to another via plugins.

Haydenz23

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel that this would be useless. We already have a server page on the webpage, and the servers individually have a lobby, so were fine there. The hub would be laggy. With amount of players that play on the server, the servers would be jam-packed and impossible to get into, people would just be spamming the join signs and it would be utterly impossible to join a match. I just feel the server is fine the way it is, so I have to disagree. No hard feelings :/

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't stand the hub system; when coming from the perspective of being a non-donor, regular player as I am on the hive. This system just seems a lot easier for me. I find it easier having a complete list of all the servers and being able to join them individually. That's just my opinion.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok guys ill give you my oppinion on this first of a very small amount of our players are on the forums which means that the majority of our player have no idea about stuff like zedchase or even our creative server. This is because there are no signes messages in game advertising them. This is making them wildley unpopular because they are empty most of the time. Now I hear where you guys are coming from but if we had a hub system then there would be a hell of a lot more people playing zedchase and stuff as its simply a sign click away. Now I know the way the hive do it with signs is a bit annoying as it is hard to join a game but I have been talking to chad about this and told him that if we had a different way to join a game from the hub that made it fair and as easy as possible to join a game then it would be good. I also told him that we should keep the system we have now as well where we can still have the ip's in our minecraft like we have now so our more veteran player can still do that but have the hub aswell for new players. So there would be two ways you could connect. Now Chad told me that they have and will be looking into this but it will be very expensive as hub servers require a lot of servery stuff. (In my server skill talk that means the servers will need to be extra extra good which = expencive) and we would need a bub for each region. But I feel that if we did spend the money and do this not only would we get the money back from all new player that will play zedchase and donate on it we will also open our community up to a lot more players making us even more popular and bringing In a lot more donators. I feel if we didn't do this we would be missing out loads as we need to compete with these other up and coming servers e.g hive, shotbow e.t.c. And personally I don't think mcsg can survive for ever on just the hunger games as sad as it might be. We need to be able to expand into more game types and bring mctft and zedchase closer to mcsg and not keep them at arms lenght like we do now. I belive if we made this "MCSG Network" then it will be beneficial to us all its just how to do it the best way possible and that's the question we should be trying to work out.

Sorry for the long text. Its just I feel that this could be so benifical to our community and if we take to time to discuss how to do this it could be epic. U just need to look in-depth of what good this could do. ;)

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree, the game modes for MCSG are not really linked together.. I NEVER hear of ZedChase or MCTF2 on the MCSG homepage..

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This has been suggested numorous times before and Chad has already showed his view on the idea;
Hive didn't invent the cluster idea, however large communities are doing it because they offer more than one minigame type. Unsure if MCSG will go down that route.

The servers page is indeed useful and we will never get rid of it.
Personally, I'd have to say no. I love how we connect now and a hub will be a waste of time and money. Signs or any other sort of portal, I'm afriad that although it may be more convenient that it will be more inferior then the online list we use now. Just a cut and paste.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Despite what others say, it would be a very nice addition.

Being honest here, the hub was one of the things that I loved most about the Hive. If you weren't playing you could just chill out for a while or do parkour with your friends or something. It just had a really relaxed feeling about it that I really liked.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Having both methods of connecting would be impossible. Like I already said, it's a lot harder though a lot easier to join from the server list. In a hub, you would have to click on the signs (you said there would be a fairer way, so that would be even worse) and you can hold right click on them. If there is an easier way, it will obviously be worse.
When you're on your server list, you can't hold the click button on on Join Server, because it will repetitively try to connect you to the server and then after a few seconds which could have been used joining the server, you will be back on the server list and not yet in.
If you made auto-joining mods allowed, then that wouldn't be fair for the people in the hub because I believe auto-joining would be far faster than holding the click button on a sign.

If you have a solution to make it fair for both sides, then I might be willing to have a hub. I understand the advantages it brings, but I don't quite think it's worth it because of the downsides. Only people above the normal member rank in game would be able to join from the server list rather than the hub.

Kaken

Tribute
Reaction score
disable rightclick and only allow leftclicks.
Btw: vanishnopacket api, tab api and protocollib for hub to vanish the thousands of users
btw an proxy would also actually balance the far too much players to mctf2 and "cough" zedchase
Edit: as you already trust md_5 in spigot, get
bungee too(no hassle and best proxy essence, updates everyday.). same as an very good hardware for the proxy, ddos protected too, of course.
btw you dont need any custom pl only if u want but i suggest TeleportSigns for the signs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci