• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Little Things That The Devs Could Do To Make It Better!

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm making this thread to pitch some ideas on how the McSG/McGamer network could be better!
Feel free to pitch your own ideas (please avoid silly ideas, like terminate all hackers, or whatever)
1. Making the Watch on the Right of the Screen Universal
I find the watch on the right hand side on the screen extremely useless. It seems to only display Central District Time (or CDT), which is basically useless for the people from AU (and probably EU also). Maybe give us an option to either remove it, or change the timezone we are in.

2. Disable the chat altogether
Sometimes, people get extremely annoying! It's a fact of life. In the McGamer community, it's people constantly advertising their channel, forcing others to vote for a map, unnecessary comments (abuse of the term 'GG'), and mainly hate filled messages. I think McGamer could do with a /chatoff command, or something similar. This will be able to disable the chat, but in-game messages (like when deathmatch starts, or when a player dies) remain viewable. You guys already managed to do it in Solo SG, so why not on the other platforms?

Okay, never mind, apparently you can do that in the Minecraft settings. It'd still be convenient though, so you don't have to keep on changing it every time you decide to play a different server.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
the 1st one would probably help the most tbh
im from eu and i actually dont care about the UTC time ._.

Sizi

Tribute
Reaction score
Make a plugin/way to track how many kills you got that game

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Updated the thread. Thanks for the heads up.
To give a little bit more information about why the time is not universal. When dealing with report abuses the time the evidence has been taken is really important, you don't want to be punished 2 times for the same offence. It would be a pain for moderators to have to switch around the timezones around manually

Reaction score
Calculating time for AU and NZ.
I just memorise the formular in order to calculate the time. It is +13, 15 or 17 hours depending on where you live, therefore all you do is add 1, 3 or 5 hours and then change AM-PM or vice versa.
e.g.

Formular to calculate time for QLD, VIC, NSW...
3:45 PM + 3
= 6:45 PM
PM -> AM
= 6:45 AM in QLD, VIC and NSW

Formular to calculate time for WA
3:45 PM + 1
= 4:45 PM
PM -> AM
= 4:45 AM in WA

Formular to calculate time for NZ
3:45 PM + 5
= 8:45 PM
PM -> AM
= 8:45 AM in NZ

Hope this helped :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Make a plugin/way to track how many kills you got that game
You can check the amount of kills you have per game in the "/debug" stats menu or you can go to the leaderboards and search up your name. It shows statistics like how many kills, chests, etc. you got per game.

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
add changing the blocks in the server menu.
24 servers = wool
48 servers = stained clay
120 servers = glass(?)
This would be handy for choosing servers to join.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
The time on the sidebar is mainly meant to allow us to verify that evidence provided in reports is legitimate by comparing it in the server logs (and this has helped us to successfully identify fake evidence several times). The timezone of our servers used to be CDT, but now it's UTC... so it'll probably be changed to UTC soon.

Regardless, we do know that some people like to use the time in the sidebar to keep track of time (while playing in fullscreen, for example). Adding the ability to set the shown timezone is something that's on the list of things to do, but it's relatively low priority.

Calculating time for AU and NZ.
-snip-
That's basically what I use to calculate Rusty's current time given my current time, though it's important to note that based on the time of year, QLD/VIC/NSW can be anywhere from 15-17 hours ahead of the central US (because of daylight savings time in both regions). Usually, it's 15 hours ahead in the northern hemisphere summer/southern hemisphere winter, 17 hours ahead in the northern hemisphere winter/southern hemisphere summer, and 16 hours ahead for about 2 months of the year.

Time zones are complex.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci