• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Meaning Of Life

J

District 13
Reaction score
So this might be one of those controversial topics as it deals with multiple religions so if any staff member could please do so, do not lock this thread but delete posts that are being disrespectful towards others religion. If really need be, then please do lock this thread.

The meaning of life. We were all born in a year, in a month, on a day. Everything that can breathe in this planet was born in some way, but why were we born here?

To me, life is simply one of those tasks that we have to put up with. Sometimes, I even consider life as hell. Going through 80-100 years of an average person, you encounter many things. The feelings of losing a dear person you closely loved, the feeling of losing someone, etc. Sometimes I even wonder if there is a heaven or a hell. If there isn't, what about reincarnation? Or once we die do we simply just "die".

If you think about it, everyday, kids that are fortunate enough go to school or the kids that don't just work away and away trying to be the best of help they can be to their families. That's really what it is in the future as well, after college, or uni, you just work and work trying to support yourself. To survive in this cruel world, it's really all about taking the chances when they are given towards you as well as putting in hard work. You can't just become successful in this world just by having talent, no matter what, hard work will always outweigh talent, even if sometimes hard work doesn't give you the results you were expecting, in the long run, it outweighs talent.

Now let's consider we haven't truly found the meaning of life yet. What about the afterlife? Is there really a heaven or a hell, could there be some reincarnation of some sort, do we just "disappear" from this world all together, or maybe we are living in a hell. It's things like these many people will always discuss, always wonder, but nothing will ever tell them it's true or not.

In the theory we do have a heaven and a hell, what determines us to be put there? Is it the things that we do? Someone may disapprove of one other's action that they may believe it's for the best, so really, what is there to prove between right and wrong? Excluding that, let's take Hitler and Ghandi into example. Hitler, as we all know, was a terrible person in our eyes, but maybe what he was doing was really what he thought was the best, but because the majority of people believe that he was bad, he was sent to hell. Then there was Ghandi, did a bunch of peaceful protests in India and many people adored him, however the opponents despised him and thought his actions were unjust in a way. However, he was sent to heaven because more people loved what he did.

So after those two, we look into heaven and hell. What keeps those people there if they were actually sent there. Is hell or heaven an infinite span of space or is it a limited area and eventually some people will leave that place forever and then go where? Maybe to the void? But how do they determine what people leave? Is it based on the memories the people currently living hold to the deceased?

Humans, in my opinion, are probably the closest thing related to demons. We would kill our own kind, betray our own kin, and when it comes down to it, all we really are is just ambitious and selfish. Sure you may have those people that seem perfect and want to help everyone out, but what happens if that's not their true intentions and their true goal lies somewhere else?

Now this all ties back to...

Why were we put on this planet, and what is the meaning of our existence?

N

Nikola

all i want is to get mod

then im pce i can die and live in heaven or hell peacefully

Jokes, back to the topic.

"going through 80-100 years of an average person, you encounter many things."
I needed to quote this because I have something to say;

It's up to you whether you will live your life like every single person on this world (Graduate, marry, get kids etc.) and pretty much do nothing.

You can be special and not average if you want to; but the thing is not everyone is willing to go through all the issues you will encounter throughout the way to success, or in this case being "special" and not average.

Here's an example; Lazar Novovic. (Just search up on google if you wonder how he looks like). The guy is literally insane, he dedicated his time to something that he wanted to achieve. In this case, make a family througout the world. All the people working together, training together, pushing eachother everyday is because of him. He started as nobody and nothing and now he's a legend of Street Workout, everyone recognizes him doesn't matter if they're from China or US or anywhere. He motivated thousands of people to start working on their body as they should be, living their life healthier etc etc.

Now I've got a question; Would you consider him "average"?

I get it, he will die someday that's true but atleast he lived his life to the fullest and plus he probably improved lifes of thousands people, that's an achievement in my opinion. Not everyone can do that, so that's why I think he isn't average.

There's thousands of people who did the same, he's just one of them.

also i dont really want togive my opinion on hell and heaven and stuff as i know there will be flame so pce

Feryz

Career
Reaction score
I think there is nothing after life.Basically when your heart (for example) stop working i don't think you will be able to "go" somewhere because your heart stopped working.Only if god really exists.I can't say that i don't belive in god but i can't say i do.I really don't' know and no one knows.

My personal opinion is that heaven/hell doesn't exist.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We don't know. Nobody knows for sure, and that's the truth. We may think things, we may believe in things, but the answer to why we're here has not been presented to us while we are alive.

No matter what, however, we're all here for the same purpose. To live, to love, to do, to create, to work, to feel, etc. and the only thing stopping us from working together is ourselves, because we can get caught up in personal wants or needs. Constantly putting ourselves above others which is why we will never have a society where everyone works nicely together.

So what's the point in arguing, for example here on these forums? It doesn't do anything, it just makes people salty and angry and creates divided between people, we'd probably be quite a bit better off with some more cooperation between everyone.

^ that is a real life example of what happens when our personal feelings and interests get in the way.

We may never know the answers to everything, so why waste so much effort trying to find out? Why not just believe in what you know is true, respect the opinions of others, and work together.

N

Nikola

We don't know. Nobody knows for sure, and that's the truth. We may think things, we may believe in things, but the answer to why we're here has not been presented to us while we are alive.

No matter what, however, we're all here for the same purpose. To live, to love, to do, to create, to work, to feel, etc. and the only thing stopping us from working together is ourselves, because we can get caught up in personal wants or needs. Constantly putting ourselves above others which is why we will never have a society where everyone works nicely together.

So what's the point in arguing, for example here on these forums? It doesn't do anything, it just makes people salty and angry and creates divided between people, we'd probably be quite a bit better off with some more cooperation between everyone.

^ that is a real life example of what happens when our personal feelings and interests get in the way.

We may never know the answers to everything, so why waste so much effort trying to find out? Why not just believe in what you know is true, respect the opinions of others, and work together.
give this man a farm filled with potatos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci