• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The new generation of Senior Mods

RanterMC

Platinum
Reaction score
LOL that's a rule? Biggest bs. Even bigger than mods needing to be 14 in order to have a chance to get accepted.
It isn't really a rule because admins get paid, that's why they have to be over 18.

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Nice to see that there are mods of who you think are qualified for getting a promotion. However, I have to point out that with a couple of the current mods, there could have happened events in the past (let's just say "could have happened" ;)) which are hold against them and result into getting skipped when promotion discussions are there.
(just giving my opinion not trying to go against you vigilo <3)
I know past actions can prevent promotion, but when some of them were literally a year ago, I think it's kind of ridiculous. I also think that the few people, which in my opinion the very few (maybe 2 people) that are suitable and deserve Sr Staff, are the people that are never going to get promoted, because of either past actions, or I just think that some of the Sr Staff and Administration are preventing it because they just have a personal grudge or don't like the person. Which both are stupid reasons.

Unless someone was punished or striked or something within a month or so ago, I don't think it's a reason to not promote someone, as there are plenty of people (won't say whether current or past) that were promoted with previous pretty big punishments.

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
I also think that the few people, which in my opinion the very few (maybe 2 people) that are suitable and deserve Sr Staff, are the people that are never going to get promoted, because of either past actions, or I just think that some of the Sr Staff and Administration are preventing it because they just have a personal grudge or don't like the person. Which both are stupid reasons.
Could not have said it better myself. Personally feel like the Sr.Staff picks favorites, creating an unfair advantage to some moderators. Also, there are not many active mods that I see on team speak anymore. They have all left due to the fact that they were not being recognized for their good work. Idk, just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
Admins have to be older than 18
This is not true. You can get Admin when you're under 18, many of the past admins were younger than 18. Also, you can get paid no matter how old you are. The only thing is that when you're not 18 you cannot sign your admincontract yet, you need your parents for that.
(just giving my opinion not trying to go against you vigilo <3)
I know past actions can prevent promotion, but when some of them were literally a year ago, I think it's kind of ridiculous. I also think that the few people, which in my opinion the very few (maybe 2 people) that are suitable and deserve Sr Staff, are the people that are never going to get promoted, because of either past actions, or I just think that some of the Sr Staff and Administration are preventing it because they just have a personal grudge or don't like the person. Which both are stupid reasons.

Unless someone was punished or striked or something within a month or so ago, I don't think it's a reason to not promote someone, as there are plenty of people (won't say whether current or past) that were promoted with previous pretty big punishments.
Yeye, I was just pointing out how it works at the moment.

I agree 100% with what you just said.

Could not have said it better myself. Personally feel like the Sr.Staff picks favorites, creating an unfair advantage to some moderators. Also, there are not many active mods that I see on team speak anymore. They have all left due to the fact that they were not being recognized for their good work. Idk, just my opinion, you don't have to agree.
I saw and see why people were promoted in the past, however some of those promotions after all turned out to be horrible mistakes if you'd ask me.

Reaction score
Mods and regular members have no idea of the way the Senior Staff operates, especially promotions. They look for certain qualities and pick from the mods that meet those qualities - That's as far as the public knowledge extends to (except for a couple of other trivial matters).

Moderators individually are more active on different platforms, affecting the way people view "Who deserves senior mod?". For example, if a person helps out a lot on the forums, and a thread like this pops up, chances are, people are going to mention the name of the mod they see the most on the forums. This is why moderators like Ceroria (during his time as a regular mod) were asked questions like "Why haven't you gotten senior mod yet?".

The general community has no idea about the work each individual mod does, only the Senior Staff do because most of their activity is recorded in some form or another.

My point: Though it is fun to speculate, we aren't in the right to be able to judge the Senior Staff for their decisions on who gets senior mod because we don't know the individual details of each moderator.

On a side note: I really do think the whole past events scenario is absolutely ridiculous (hope they change that). I really would have liked to see one specific current mod get senior mod, but I know its most likely not going to happen :(

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Whoever ultimately and consistently enjoys their job as a staff member. What i've been noticing quite excessively is the sheer dullness of several staff (moderators especially) performing their jobs with little enthusiasm. I'm most definitely not of authority to judge how certain staff members appear to the public and I know personally, as an ex staff member, how relatively stressful the job may seem at times but at least attempt to be a little more enthusiastic and punctual to the public eye as you're automatically representing the staff team once you log on. And in my eyes, you're kind of a bad example of someone to look up to as a staff member if you consistently make lazy/bot-like replies to important queries.

In my personal opinion, people who I see that truly enjoy their jobs and are highly communicative to the community are not only great assets to the team but also represents the team outstandingly to the public. Those types of people definitely deserve a huge praise. Sadly, that's the vague minority of the staff team from what i've been seeing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci