• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The new generation of Senior Mods

N

Nikola

Whoever ultimately and consistently enjoys their job as a staff member. What i've been noticing quite excessively is the sheer dullness of several staff (moderators especially) performing their jobs with little enthusiasm. I'm most definitely not of authority to judge how certain staff members appear to the public and I know personally, as an ex staff member, how relatively stressful the job may seem at times but at least attempt to be a little more enthusiastic and punctual to the public eye as you're automatically representing the staff team once you log on. And in my eyes, you're kind of a bad example of someone to look up to as a staff member if you consistently make lazy/bot-like replies to important queries.

In my personal opinion, people who I see that truly enjoy their jobs and are highly communicative to the community are not only great assets to the team but also represents the team outstandingly to the public. Those types of people definitely deserve a huge praise. Sadly, that's the vague minority of the staff team from what i've been seeing.
Oh hey jazza someone who I literally forgot about sadly, but hey nice to see you around and yeah I completely agree with you with everything you said :D

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Oh hey jazza someone who I literally forgot about sadly, but hey nice to see you around and yeah I completely agree with you with everything you said :D
Yeah, hopping on every now and then. Nice to see you around too!

DaddyCleanup

Career
Reaction score
What's wrong with that
I'm not against all romanians, but I'm against Sebiix friends or fanboys or whatever saying the same thing "Sebiix should be promoted bla bla bla" in the same thread. Isn't that a little bit weird for you?

Quantum
Reaction score
I'm not against all romanians, but I'm against Sebiix friends or fanboys or whatever saying the same thing "Sebiix should be promoted bla bla bla" in the same thread. Isn't that a little bit weird for you?
It isn't weird, Sebiix is truly a hard-working Mod and a great guy, he even got Mod of the Month some time ago.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
It isn't weird, Sebiix is truly a hard-working Mod and a great guy, he even got Mod of the Month some time ago.
Mod of the month doesn't say much. If you're only a little bit intelligent you can obtain it very easily.

Last edited:

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've been reading through some of the replies and I cannot agree more. From what I've seen during my time in the Sr. Staff team, and from the outside looking in, the allegations that other people have been bringing forward are correct. IT is true that the Sr. Staff team has a bit of an issue with picking "favourite" moderators to become Sr. Mods. I won't get into specific examples, but I know of at least two instances when this was an issue, which is two times too many. The main issue that I take with the whole shenanigan is that deserving people like Sedrazo and Axanite | Liam do not currently have Sr. Mod for very slim reasons. They each have their own situations that are unique, situations which are currently preventing them from obtaining the rank of Sr. Mod. Frankly, I am extremely familiar with both situations and I'll say this: in no way, shape, or form, should either of their situations affect their inability to obtain the rank thus far. That's just my opinion. Please don't take this as me roasting the Sr. Staff team or just generally trashing everyone. I'm simply giving my opinion on the situation. In summary: give Liam and Sebastian the rank of Sr. Mod already so they can inject a bit more life into this staff team.

HyperFrost

Quantum
Reaction score
Ye.. People saying that Sebiix should get sr.mod...I disagree. He just don't deserve to get it rn. There are some mods working hard which really deserve that rank.. So meh.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
There are literally always reasons behind prime candidates not getting senior mod. From a community member's perspective, it may not seem possible but it really is.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Admins have to be older than 18
LOL that's a rule? Biggest bs. Even bigger than mods needing to be 14 in order to have a chance to get accepted.
That isn't exactly a rule, however administrators tend to be older members of the staff team.

Age limits for the position of moderator, however, are set in place for very legitimate reasons. As people get older, it becomes easier to understand why this is. Either way, aspiring 12 or 13 year old users who would like to become moderators tend to express the argument that they are mature for their age. For a position such as moderator, it is not only about maturity. A person no matter what age has the ability to have a well rounded and possibly advanced for their age figure. (although maturity is not something people can judge for themselves, and saying "Oh, other people tell me I'm mature for my age as well" simply puts across the same point- self promotion)

Moderators must also be figures in the community that can be decision makers and authority figures. It's hard to put someone who is only beginning to experience the process of growing up in a position where they are expected to cut a consistently professional and authoritative figure. Overall, allowing for people to mature until they're 14 usually bodes well for both the staff team overall and for the user applying.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci