• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The solution to the 'gg' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
GG is used in too many drastic terms. If you blocked it, and someone said GG in an inappropriate manner, wouldn't seeing the blocked out word still make you angry? Would you prefer "GG" or "$&@#"

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
GG is used in too many drastic terms. If you blocked it, and someone said GG in an inappropriate manner, wouldn't seeing the blocked out word still make you angry? Would you prefer "GG" or "$&@#"
Block it completely, don't allow it to be said.. .-.

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
Now, we all frankly know that everyone hates being "GG'd" and automatically interprets it as an insult, so is there a solution for this problem? Well yes.

I find in the majority of cases when people are meaning to offend they say "gg 10 hearts" "gg rekt noob", that kind of stuff. Now where does this lead us? Assuming the majority use those terms:

A) Allow the word 'GG' however if in the case of someone saying "rekt" or "10 hearts" use the following offenses for abuse. It's obvious, if someone's telling you that you're bad and smack talking it's obviously abuse, borderline or not if it causes such a controversy why not disallow it?

B) Completely block the term of GG, QQ and the such. Make it an abusive offence.

Opinions are appreciated. c:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Block it completely, don't allow it to be said.. .-.
I'm for blocking it, I just mean this by would you rather see a "gg" in chat after being tryharded or the generic swear filter phrase of random symbols. I mean, I wouldn't mind blocking it, all it would do is discourage people from saying GG, and move toward something more friendly and supportive such as "gf" or nothing at all (<-- hopefully)

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
If a huge server that thousands play on everyday, blocks GG, it would just cause a lot of confusion to most players who find nothing wrong with a "GG". I think that the only people who gets upset with "GG"s are competitive players, I'm not trying to say that all competitive players are sore losers, because who can't help but rage after you get spawn-killed or 2v1ed and they say "lel gg nub". But why block a word that only offends a group of players?
I would gg 10 heart rekt u so stfu n00b
The irony...
You could have it so 'GG' is automatically changed to something like 'Exquisite choice sir!'
Yes, this is a great suggestion, this is what they did months back to people who said "Planet Minecraft" and replaced it with random phrases like "Chess Club down the street" , "Mars" or "Subscribe to Finsgraphics". Replacing "gg" with "Good Fight" , "you got me really low" , "You are very skilled" or "One of the best pvp fights I had this game". Something nice, that will keep the person who just died from raging.

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people saying "gg" to me, especially if it really was a close fight. Hell, I can tolerate it coming from a team as long as it isn't one of those one-sided instant teaming kills. I'll even say it if I lose that really close fight. I just hate most of the crap people follow it up with.

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
I think it's ok to say at the end of a game, just for general use, but saying gg rekt noob and gg when killed by a stacked team is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci