• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The State of Minecraft 'Graphics'

Did you know about the use of 'graphics packs' and what do you think of the use of them

• Total voters

whosdatmcgirl

Spectator
Reaction score
This is my first post since joining so I hope it comes out ok.

I had been watching the art section for a few weeks looking for someone to ask for drawn artwork (I have now found someone). Day after day there were new posts with similar graphics.

Then duckluv321 made this thread.

I agree with a lot that is being said in this thread, I naively had no idea about graphics packs. I just thought that they were just doing them in the same style.

Whilst looking for an artist I did look at a lot of websites, sharkey being one of them, but, when I saw this one I checked 3 times and put my glasses on just in case I could not see the decimal point in which case they would have been very cheap, but no there is no decimal point. Have a look and see what you think surely this is the most expensive?
http://www.truesymmetry.co.uk/#!commissions/c1x49

Anyway thank you duckluv321 for bringing this to our attention.

Reaction score

I had been watching the art section for a few weeks looking for someone to ask for drawn artwork (I have now found someone). Day after day there were new posts with similar graphics.

I agree with a lot that is being said in this thread, I naively had no idea about graphics packs. I just thought that they were just doing them in the same style.

Whilst looking for an artist I did look at a lot of websites, sharkey being one of them, but, when I saw this one I checked 3 times and put my glasses on just in case I could not see the decimal point in which case they would have been very cheap, but no there is no decimal point. Have a look and see what you think surely this is the most expensive?

HOLY SH-....$100 for a youtube banner? What even...

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score

Holy cow- $100 banners? That's insane! I've seen amazing artwork on deviantart sold for 1/10 of that. I had no idea there were shops selling this expensive of art :p

AdamKgraphics

Spectator
Reaction score
hello,

I'm AdamK graphics and I'm the creator of this pack. I made this pack for people to have a head start in graphic design. It took me a year to get to a decent level and start graphics properly. This pack helps beginners. Not to promote on selling graphics straight away. This just increases competition and boosts the graphics community. Stop Being So Harsh

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
hello,

I'm AdamK graphics and I'm the creator of this pack. I made this pack for people to have a head start in graphic design. It took me a year to get to a decent level and start graphics properly. This pack helps beginners. Not to promote on selling graphics straight away. This just increases competition and boosts the graphics community. Stop Being So Harsh
Are you saying that it is ok for people to get your pack and sell banners/avatars with 100 effects on them (to make them look fancy) with little or no experience? or that its not ok?

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
If this is your way of telling me you want me to make you a free avatar with my 1337 graphics pack, then here it is. Hope you liek sw4g.
duckluv.png

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
If this is your way of telling me you want me to make you a free avatar with my 1337 graphics pack, then here it is. Hope you liek sw4g.
View attachment 24323
OMG LMAO

hello,

Well, hi :p

I did point out that I see no problem with people using your pack to learn their ropes in photoshop, and Cinema 4D, however I do see a problem with people calling themselves "original" and selling graphics made essentially completely with your pack. The artist is you, the person who took time to compose the pack, not the person who simply drags 'n drops their necessary items.

I have no problem with your pack- it's a really nice pack. I have a problem with the way it is sometimes used.

Learning, and replying on are two entirely different things, and it becomes frustrating to see so many people relying on it simply because it's easier, and not trying to develop their own textures, styles, and other things, as well as people who have the audacity to call it "original" and "unique".

That's just my two cents :p Fancy seeing you here XDXD

Reaction score
May I have permission to post this on another forum exactly how it is? I'll give you credit and all, just want to share this to TheHive forumers :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci